Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (cajun02)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
In market for a new boat. Thinking of a Sanger V215. Other wakeboard boat dealers in town are MC, CC, Centurion, & Calabria. MC and CC are a little out of the price range. Moomba/Supra, Tige, and Malibu are 1.5 to 2 hours away. Any suggestions? Also, any V215 pics on the water?
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-07-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
heres our new V215 - great boat, great wake.

Upload
Old     (nautielove)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
would suggest california skier in lake elsinore or california correct craft in norco....the san diego nautique/sanger dealership is ????????

(Message edited by nautielove on November 07, 2006)
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Sangers are the most under rated boats out there IMO. Sangers are built like a tank and will be around for a long time. In the Phoenix area the Sanger dealership has been lacking any support what so ever, but they are working on it. They are suppose to be switching to a new dealer soon, which IMO shows that the factory is working on the issue. Scott Pellaton (I think that is his name) is awesome to work with though on the factory side and can really make things happen which will somewhat offset the lack of dealer support. They come with the Merc though and that means you can get service/parts from almost anywhere.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-07-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
Wow Red! Thats the first time I have ever seen you NOT push the CC! and he even had it as an option!
Old     (cajun02)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
San Diego dealer is Marine Outfitters for CC/Sang.
Old     (nautielove)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
thats them...i would really suggest the norco folk (california correct craft)...

all you have to do is visit both facilities and talk to each service managers (btw, ask how long each one has been there and the same for the mechanics and compare notes)...

it really would be worth to find a owner who has the boat you are interested in and go out as a third for the day from both locations..

just in case your wondering - i am really sorry i DIDNT buy from california correct craft....

btw, there is a local 05 mastercraft x-2 for sale in the boat section (tim's x-2)..super nice boat, very clean, low hour, and close to new as new gets... better than the sanger hands imo - just drive both of them and compare..btw, the wake of the x-2 will smoke the sanger( not to mentions, you will get better service from california skier when needed)

Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
I haven't heard or dealt with them at all. The Sanger I had was off Lake Mead. Scott helped me source a new tower and dash for it. Someone caught the ski line with their outdrive and really caused a mess. From working on it I think the Sangers actually have the strongest hull. They encapsulate wood everywhere throughout the hull. It was also the easiest to work on. It didn't have all the bling that the other new boats have but it rode the best by far. In the Delta they have the wakeboard Poker Run every year and the Sangers always leave everyone in the dust. A sanger will go through the chop like no other wake board boat out there. Sanger is actually the only other boat other than CC that I have ever considered buying. At the begining of the summer I almost bought this boat from Semper:

Upload
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-07-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
MC is listed as in town. Is there a new MC dealership? Last I heard, OTE was no longer an MC dealer.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-07-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
If I were in your position I'd be looking real hard at the V215 and Moomba's LSV. Both boats are great for the price, and actually hold up pretty well against the big three minus some luxury.

I owned a Moomba for five years and loved it. Rick Tinker at Skiers Choice is hands down the most supportive and helpful guy I've ever met when it comes to customer service.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-07-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
BTW - Agree with Nauti about California Correct Craft. Have delt with a few other dealerships locally, some good, some not so much, best decision that we made was CCC...
Old     (cajun02)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
OTE is cleaning out his inventory. He has a half dozen boats left. He will then only sell Centurion. Cali Skiier was going to open a location in S.D. in October. Never happened. I heard they haven't begun looking for a lot yet? Norco is a good hour 1/2 to 2 hours pulling a boat. Seems like a pain to pull that far for service.

(Message edited by cajun02 on November 07, 2006)
Old     (nautielove)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
also would suggest doing a online small claims search to see how many times a dealership/owner has been to court...(check all areas for civil cases). Would also check the better business breau(bbb)..

this is public information and suggests the character/willingness of a dealer to handle problems before going to the last step (heck, talk to local owners when you see the brand of the boat at the local lakes)..

this is very easy to do and i think you might be really surprised...

Old     (nautielove)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
norco is right outside of elsinore...

i would rather drive an extra 1/2- 1 hour

-to know that the warranty work will be taken care of rather than avoided.
-$100/hour service is done correctly
-my boat is handled well and covered properly

this is worth it imo, rather than be not done and charged for it, boat uncovered, scratched by the help (2x), filed with water (2x), and covered with bird dropping(everytime)...btw, this is very common..

who you buy from is just as important as what you buy... like i said earlier, i wish i would have bought from california correct craft...

Old    mendo247            11-07-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
my 215 on the water (pics by walt)
Upload
Upload
Old     (cajun02)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
Did you buy from M2O in SD?
Old     (nautielove)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
it should be pretty obvious from the threads...