Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
Actually got the Bronco, the Suburban, and the Enzo in the garage today. Amazing!

Upload
With a little modification...
Upload

I'm trying out the Suburban for a couple of days to see if we like it, it matches the boat better than the current one, so...we'll see.
Upload
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-22-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
you will love the suburban and where does the whole in the wall lead to?
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
The basement. The basement is the full footprint of the house, you drive into the garage, under the living room, then the wall seperates the garage from the "playroom" part of the basement.
Someday it will get finished. The bar is done, but that's about it!
By the way, that is not a bearing wall that we cut!
I have a 99 suburban now, 152K miles. Time to upgrade a bit. This one is an 02 with 52K miles. Should last me a year or two...I drive alot.
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-23-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Be careful with the garage open to living space. It's a serious code violation in most areas. Seal it up to keep CO fumes out of the house and be sure to use the fire rated wall board...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-23-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
^he doesn't live in the basement
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-23-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
Doesn't matter if it's connected to living space. Also new code around here states there must be a step up from the garage to the living space. The fumes are heavy and would therefore sink to the garage floor, below the house floor. Just trying to help avoid carbon monoxide poisoning... A colorless, odorless gas that kills.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-23-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for your concern Tory. Point well taken.
I'm not sure about codes here...we don't have many around here, but safety is a concern whether it is code or not.
We do have a carbon monoxide detector down there, as our heater is in the mechanical room in the basement.
The plan is to put the wall back, around the boat. It will be a box-like thing that we can put the TV on. I'm sure my husband will be doing that within a week or two. He doesn't like the *ss end of the boat sticking in his rec room!
Too bad, the boat is more important than his rec room right now...
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-23-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
By the way, that is "Buddy" in the forefront of the first picture. This is his debut on WakeWorld.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-23-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Have to assume you verified the wall to be non-load bearing, as well??
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-23-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
The wall is non-load bearing. We built the house...and I asked 10 times, just to be sure!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-23-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
Haha, Lauri......here is my "buddy" (same name).

Upload

Sorry for the hijack.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-23-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
Never a hijack for a "Buddy"!
He's beautiful, what kind of dog is he?
Our Buddy's mom was black lab, and his dad was a lhasa-apso (don't know if I spelled that right). Funny combo, great dog!

(Message edited by soak_up_the_sun on October 23, 2006)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-24-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
He is a cocker spaniel and a great third, he gets very upset with me if I dont take him out on the boat!

Good luck with your project.
Old    swass            10-24-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
I did the same thing, Lauri...but I just backed the boat through the wall. (Not really - but close.)
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-24-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Nice job to make it fit!! You can add a header across the span to strengthen the hole cut which will also aid when you finish it out. Hope that's not a rent house--
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-24-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Thats the plan David. He wants to box it in, then use it as a shelf for the TV in the basement.
We just couldn't leave the poor boat outside for the winter, and the garage is heated, so it will stay nice and toasty...
Swass, we really could have almost done that. We only "required" another 6-8 inches to allow for the wake plate, after taking the swim platform off. But, it's just better to have that bit of extra room.