Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-06-2011, 5:06 AM Reply   
I love Labor Day.
Well at least this year anyway, it was all good.
I took Friday off and installed a stereo in the boat (Thanks Dave) for the first time we have tunes!
My oldest son Cameron at 10 YO and a first year player made starting outside linebacker for the football team. ! Yeah! WOOT! His coach was gushing compliments and called him a "shut-down linebacker"
My youngest son Ian at 7yo got up and rode for the first time which resulted in R/P/S battles all weekend for first pull.
I added a steezy grab to my weak bag of tricks.
Every day at 3:30 the wind laid down, the tide was up and my secret spot turned as slick as hot oil. We shredded our brains out three days straight, riding until dark and never saw another boat while riding.
The wife was riding well all day and feeling uh,-- er... affectionate in the evenings.
Pretty much a perfect holiday.
I hope all y'all wakeworlders had a great weekend as well.
John
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-06-2011, 5:45 AM Reply   
Had a blast.Escaped the rain.Came back uninjured but sore.All in all a very good weekend holiday.
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-06-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
Hate to be a buzzkill but it was horrible. Rainy all three days, the lake was rough as all hell, broke my proline rope and handle a few days prior, plus a lot of personal baggage dumped on top of all of that. So yeah, not a good weekend
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-06-2011, 7:19 AM Reply   
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-06-2011, 8:23 AM Reply   
I took a few extra days off and only rode on Wednesday. Thursday-Saturday was the first three days of dove season, so I shot birds all morning. First time that I actually outshot my dad. Rest of the days were spent floating the Colorado River and i even found an ice chest full of beer. Awesome! Sunday I golfed at a sweet desert course where we teed of in 95 degree weather at 6:30am. All in all a great week!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-06-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
went dove hunting as well. Lit it up Sat evening. My group of 2 smoked the other group of 3 shooters we were with. Moderate action sun morning and again sun night as a front had come through and kept them roosted up or hauling way too much ass flying with the wind for us to hit. Came back refreshed with a good outlook on things. lots of work to be done but in great spirits. Only downer is coming back to east texas to half of it is on fire. Could be worse, most fires are under control.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-06-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
Kinda sucked for me. I was out Saturday morning when a thunder storm sprung up out of nowhere. I rushed back to the ramp so we could make it off of the water before it hit. My wife and kids made it safely to the truck. I was standing in the water knee deep loading the boat onto the trailer when lighting hit the lake REAL CLOSE to me. Electricity ran all the way across my body. Lucky for me I was able to remain standing. I won't forget '11 Labor Day weekend any time soon.
Old     (supragirl)      Join Date: May 2011       09-06-2011, 10:02 AM Reply   
I'm the wife of Bumpass above and I did not leave him hangin. I was willing to help but gosh that storm came so fast and he was handling it all and did not want my help. I feel awful that it happened to him and even worse that we did not get out the rest of weekend. The weather forecast could not have been more wrong for the weekend! O well hoping for a good weekend coming up with some good friends and family to end out what was a really good summer EXCEPT for this past weekend!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-06-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
Pulled the rig up to Broken Bow, Oklahoma on Friday. Got in around 9ish and dropped the boat in the water for a booze cruise.. immediately started to overheat. Docked it in the slip and decided to come down in the morning and assess the situation. Impeller in the water pump was toast. Awesome. The weekend before that the starter went out on me and left me high and dry on a trip to Lake Whitney. Now, with no spare impeller and it being a holiday weekend.. i was dead in the water, YET AGAIN. The people we rented a cabin with didn't tell us about the 2 "extra people" and 3 dogs they were bringing. Im a dog person so no big deal right, wrong. My friend's girlfriend got bit in the face by one of the dogs, another bit the owner's hand (both were pretty gnarly) Then we got a ride out to a party cove on an 30ft Eliminator (the dog's owners boat).. 10 people and 2 dogs in it and 4 foot swells. This idiot decides to do 65mph across the lake. Sketchy to say the least. we caught air multiple times and no one was in the mood to deal with that after everything already. Met up with a buddy and jumped on his 2011 230 for a quick set. Second trick, wake washed on a tanny and i cased the other side pretty bad.. After 2 knee surgeries, i know when it's not good.. and it wasnt. So, i proceeded to get hammered and try to numb the pain. Not the awesome holiday weekend i had expected, but could have been worse i suppose.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-06-2011, 12:32 PM Reply   
What 3 day weekend I work Firday, Saturday, and Monday! WHO HOO THE Auto Business RULES!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-06-2011, 4:38 PM Reply   
brett33 I like your original version better LOL
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-06-2011, 9:22 PM Reply   
Yeah, just wasn't trying to be a buzzkill for those who had a great weekend, but after taking into consideration what happened to Jamie (hope you're ok, by the way) and how eventful my weekend was, I decided to repost.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-07-2011, 4:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
Yeah, just wasn't trying to be a buzzkill for those who had a great weekend, but after taking into consideration what happened to Jamie (hope you're ok, by the way) and how eventful my weekend was, I decided to repost.
All good here. I thought my weekend was bad until I read your post. Nothing good about being dead in the water.

As fads as being buzzkills I feel that we need to share the bad experiences as much as the good ones. People reading our crappy weekend will make guys like John, Robert, and Matt appreciate their great weekends a little more.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-07-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
Had a great weekend on the Columbia River, lots of partying going on at white sands beach! Epic water on Mon. Everything was great until I blew the motor in my truck leaving Vantage. Looks like I'm getting a new motor for my birthday! Thankfully my extended warranty will cover the breakage! well I hope they do. It's a good chance they will be though.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-08-2011, 7:35 PM Reply   
Had a great time at lake Billy, went out with my son early before the crazys showed up. Awesome weather and good water, had great day. Snapped a few shots.
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-08-2011, 9:10 PM Reply   
Didn't plan on doing anything, but my friends kept twisting my arm to join them up at Powell. Two days before shipping out I was in! Had to leave early (Tuesday afternoon) but still had a blast. Lucky friends are still up there on the house boat. Here's a pic of the valet launch ramp at antelope Marina.

and one of rock creek bay. Which is were we stayed.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-10-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
Curt, we were camped at the end of Rock Creek all wkd and probably saw you guys riding every evening. Can you post a pic of your boat?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-10-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourspeednup View Post
Curt, we were camped at the end of Rock Creek all wkd and probably saw you guys riding every evening. Can you post a pic of your boat?
Sadly those were the only two picks I took with my phone. The rest are on my friends digital slr. This is the only pick I have of the Malibu. Hopefully the color scheme you see helps you out. We stayed in the very back in the middle where the end of the bay some what splits in two. We had the VLX, gray Tige' with black tinted Windows, and two dark green see doos. Hope that rings some bells. Where did you guys camp at?

Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2011, 2:03 PM Reply   
You were probably about 200 yds away then lol. Watched you guys riding each evening at sundown from our beach. We were in the very back where it split on the left side of the peninsula (when looking toward the end) behind a small island. Here's a pic of the boat we were on, no riding that wkd, just cruising in comfort

Old     (airbeast)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-10-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
Worked Thursday-Monday... Luckily my jobs gives a lot of weekdays off and my girlfriend only works Friday-Sunday. Except for early mornings we never go on weekends. It's nice seeing just a few boats all day. Last Thursday only passed one boat all day! Perfect water everywhere.
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-11-2011, 9:20 PM Reply   
Bahahaha!!! I remember seeing this boat a couple times, every time I saw you guys leaving the cove you guys were wiping it down while idling out. But I can see it paid off! Yeah I kinda felt bad when we would get to the end there, make our turn around or set the double up, sending the rollers to three other camping groups. You guys had a rental right?
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2011, 12:19 PM Reply   
The rig needs to stay clean...Boat Bling has a rep to uphold! It's all good on the rollers, the boat was anchored behind a small island that blocked it completely. We enjoyed watching the double-up action. Thought about swimming out and asking for a pull but didn't want to cut into anyone's riding time since it gets dark fast and the sheriff's don't seem terribly friendly to those pushing it past dusk.

It was just 3 of us so we boat/tent camped. Don't know if you could hear the constant horn blasts from the houseboat on our side of the cove but it got pretty old at 7am each day!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-12-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
Ya I definitely remember seeing you three guys cruising around the bay. You really should have swam over and asked for a pull. I only rode during the evening, coached kids on how to shred in the morning (which got tiring), and goofed off the rest of time. Our buddys house boat holds 600 gallons of fuel so we weren't short on supply! Never heard any horns @ 7 am, might be because I slept in one of the bedrooms and not outside. Did you see any of our firework shows we had goin everynight?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-06-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
Best day since I have owned my boat. My just turned 5 year old got up behind the boat on a wakeboard. Sorry no video footage I was driving the boat and my wife and I did not think he would get up right away. He face planted and did not want to go again that is until we got home.
Attached Images