Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    97on22s            05-01-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Im looking to pick up an all black mobius ls this week..

im curious where i could find more reviews or opinions before signing hte papers.

the boat has the gravit III ballist system
the performance package
and then just little piddly things

how are these boats on the water?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
ive driven and rode behind the new LSV and it's a sweet boat! they drive nice and look great. however if you can afford the extra $5k i would get the LSV, the vdrive is very nice cause of the extra room you get with it. if not the LS will still be a sweet boat
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-01-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
Get the LSV. I checked one out, and really like it. If you want to wakeboard, I think that would be the best course of action.
Old    97on22s            05-01-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
yea i wanted the lsv..and i may still..they got a a red and black one..but i just want the cheapest i could with in reason..

and then maybe in a year or 2 order me a boat just how i want it
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
here is the thing though ryan, spending an extra $5k to get the LSV is like $50 a month. if you can afford the payment on an LS then an extra $50 shouldnt be that bad. get what you want the first time, im speaking form experience, i bought a brand new outback last may cause it was cheap and in november i traded it in for a brand new XLV :-)
Old    97on22s            05-01-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
yea im afriad of that...hrmm...i started off wanting a malibu i ride it was gna be 43 out the door im looking at like 39 flat out the door on the ls with all the stuff onit.i think they have a fully loaded like everythig lsv black adn red. its 41 plus the tt and l..

i may have to re think and get the lsv well see..not sure yet..dang it haha
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Ryan,

Check your e-mail
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
ryan look at it like this, $1000 = $8-10 a month, get the most you can afford and worry about paying for it later :-) cause if you don't get what you want you will be second guessing yourself everytime you go out on the boat!

and $43K for an iride! they are smoking crack. i would never pay that much for a DD especially one that uses an old hull design that has been replaced
Old    97on22s            05-01-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
does 44 for an 05 left over wake setter xti sound good?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-01-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
Definately pay a little extra for the boat you want. If you are buying a new boat, I am sure you can afford to pay a little more for the LSV.

As far as good first boat...damn, I wish I had that option as a first boat.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-01-2006, 8:25 PM Reply   
43 for a mobius ls sounds way, way high to me...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-01-2006, 11:10 PM Reply   
we have an 06' mobius lsv sitting in an xtreme marine location about 15 miles from us, running at 41k. I know, because we looked at it...
Old    97on22s            05-02-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
well im gna hit up my local malibu dealer i think today and go back to what i looked at to start with. i liked the moomba lsv..but little things abou the malibu is drawing me back. well see
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Garret - Thanks for that little plug… About two weeks ago I delivered my first ’06 LSV down in Wichita and have an other this weekend here in KC area (Clay your boats in!!!). While on the delivery I had about 1,000lbs of ballast, myself at 165lbs, and the new owner Tressa at around 105lbs and at 9.5mph the surf wake was super sick, smooth, and curled at the top. Then at 21.75mph the wakeboarding wake made a nice ramp with a bit of a kick on the top. Add some more weight and some friends with gas $$$ and you should be rockin pretty tight for what you pay. That is the nice thing about Moomba, you can get a super solid boat without having to pay for the bling you don’t always need.

Don’t let hatters tell you this boat is cheap because they don’t know about the boat just its price tag. If it were a cheaply built boat they wouldn’t use the same vinyl as MC & Nautique or a thicker 100% hand laid hull.

Ryan - Kick me an e-mail with any questions I might be able to help you with.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-02-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Garret, I don't know how much the 06 price increase was but I would be leary of the 41k lsv. We bought our XLV last year for less then that...
Old     (snowfire)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
I had a 2003 LS and traded up to an XLV. The v-drive wakes are bigger. Save yourself the trouble and depriciation on the LS and get the LSV.
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-05-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
Outback V is $4500 cheaper than the LSV and $1000 cheaper than the LS and is a V drive. It is 10" shorter though.
Old    jemiller06            05-05-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Ryan, check out the Malibu dealer again. Vride is going to be priced similar to those being discussed on this site and the boat is very solid. Yes, the hull has been replaced, but it doesn't change the fact that it was Wakeboard boat of the year when it was the VLX. Having owned both Skier's Choice product and Malibu I will leave it at go back to the Malibu dealer.

As far as money spent on a first boat goes. If you can spend $40K and you are buying based on payment hit the top of your payment range and try to buy your second boat first. It will save you the expense and stress of wanting to trade in your entry level inboard a few years from now. Just my opinion, but anyone in the wakeboard boat community can tell you of at least one person they know who bought an entry level and has since traded up.
Old     (mackr0s)      Join Date: May 2006       05-09-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
Buy the best boat you can get.

I first bought a SeaDoo Jetboat(before wakeboarding). Then figured out I had a crappy wakeboard boat. Went and bought a Moomba LS, and have since traded it in for a Supra 21v.

I liked my Moomba, but the whole time I was on the lake, or had friends out with me, I kept thinking and telling people about how a V-Drive was a better wakeboard boat. Finally I just went down and made the trade.

I love my 21v, but I wish I just would have purchased it to begin with.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-10-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
I've got an 06 I-Ride with 4 hours on it I'll sell you.