Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (ripcurlsurfer)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-16-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
Just moved to Arizona and looking for some wakeboarding. Moved from Minnesota where we have a loot of lakes to ride but only 2 months out of the year is good weather. I live in Scottsdale and looking for some locals to go riding with? Haven't been on the water for a long time!
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-16-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
What up Mike. I moved to AZ from MSP a year and a half ago. You will be hard pressed to ride 4 days a week like back there given the lakes are like 45 min away, but at least you can ride nearly year round. I know quite a few people who ride, but it is hit and miss in the "winter". Check out the find a third section and for a thread for AZ people. I have met some great people through it. I also live in scottsdale, and let me say you will love it.
Old     (ripcurlsurfer)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-16-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
What up ryan, Thanks a lot man. I've been fienin to board latly. where abouts in MSP were you? I'm now up in Dakota Apartment's off thompson peak and paradise. You been to a lot of bars around here?
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-16-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
Mike, welcome to the desert!!!

Come February it will be boarding season, but I am looking at these other posts by the crazies up in Seattle who do the Christmas/Santa Run. Maybe we should start that up down here...
Old     (ripcurlsurfer)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-16-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
Kyle, thanks man,

Im so down to get in a santa suit and ride. let me know when and where. i live in scottsdale.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-16-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
This is why you moved here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqMJut0UBR4
Old     (ripcurlsurfer)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-16-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thats exactly why i moved here!
Old     (itzon)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-17-2008, 4:31 AM Reply   
welcome. you will enjoy it here. i spent 8 years in Mpls (south Mpls near lake nokomis). did you make it to the vikes-cards game! lol
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-17-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
No one wakeboards in AZ?
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-17-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
Everyone except you!! You wait to board until you get out to Florida!!

Whats the deal Hahn?!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-18-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
go check out http://www.theawa.com/

show up to a few of the events and start posting on the AZ thread you will get hooked up. Welcome to AZ.

Hahn doesn't ever see anyone boarding in AZ because he gets to ride/film during the weekdays when nobody is ever out there. He's the lucky one!
Old     (ripcurlsurfer)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-20-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Right on. We had a few events in MN one called cornstock, which was ok i guess. If anyone is planning on going out on the boat and need an extra rider let me know a few days in adavance. Is there any events coming up?