Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
With all the bad news in the media about the economy, gas prices, political figures taking money for seats, fighting in the middle east, people losing jobs and business's closing. How about some good news whatever it may be. Spring is around the corner I'd like to hear about something positive for a change.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-17-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
I was thinking about starting this exact same thread! haha. Agreed, we all need some good news.

My good economic news is that website traffic on my site is up 60% from last year already! Plus I'm seeing a lot more leads come through recently on boats which is a positive sign!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-17-2009, 8:43 AM Reply   
OnlyInboards,

When I try to use the link in the boat for sale section here it doesn't take me anywhere, fyi. you may have had even more traffic
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-17-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
Gas is Cheap, we got a lot of snow in MN so our laks should be filling up nice. And I ordered all new skins for my seats! Dont know if this qualifies as good news but it makes me happy, especially the cheap gas. In fact I am hording gas at the moment, got about 50 gallons so far that I got for $1.63/gal. Yeah, planning on getting another 50 gallons this weekend for aroud $1.70.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-17-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
My good news, I just have to change the oil and fuel filter in my boat and I am ready to go. I cleaned the carpet(maybe too much) waxed the bottom and have almost everything done on my list. I got a new board to ride and in two weeks our lake opens, although still iced over but with the warm temps, I think it will happen.

Not to mention, the Boat Bun thread is still alive.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-17-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Wow, thanks for the heads up A-dub. Did not know that!
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-17-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
My good news, I have 43 days left until I am home. Ready for a new boat and new season. Oh I am alive so that is always good.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-17-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
It is dumping rain and snow in Nor Cal! Maybe a chance that our lakes will be full this year?! Hope so!
Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Whatever makes ya happy is good news. It doesnt matter if you are a new parent to aceing a test anything good beats watching the news and seeing the junk on there. Im loving the fact that I have my health and diesel is down, the boys at CBK watersports are selling Malibu's left and right.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-17-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
We bought a new boat and I am headed to Florida to ride cable for a week in less than a month. By the time I get back, it will be time to pick the new rride, throw on the wetsuits and start early this year.

Sooo nothing but good news for us.
Old    shooter_08            02-17-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
Good news, " I just saved a bundle on my auto insurance!"
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-17-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
My wife is 7 months pregnant. Baby girl on the way!
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-17-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Congrats Travis. That kid will be driving a boat before it can walk.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-17-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
I ran ground, wrecked my boat and could have killed my fiance because the lake was low and no markers for a submerged island. Upon inspection it looked like the glass wasn't' cracked, and i decided i could fix the strut, shaft, and rudder myself cheaper than my deductible.

After spending about $300 to get everything strait, my shaft wasn't aligning right through the hole. After a good session of head scratching, i took it to the dealer like i should have from the start.

The dealer told me i HAD fractured my boat and we going to need some glass work, engine alignment, new strut, new shaft, all at the tune of $4600! This is about 4 months of the boat sitting and us not riding.

Insurance covered most of it (payed my premiums for '09 before i made the claim ;) One week later the dealer has the damn thing finished.

THE GOOD NEWS IS...
I'm get to pick up the 'ol girl Friday, and the weather man says its going to be 70-75 sunny skies all weekend!!!!!!!!!!

IN OTHER NEWS...
I learned my freakn lesson!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-17-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
Well, after serving at a homeless shelter on Saturday night I am reminded of the good news of a house I own that keeps me warm at night and gives me a place to sleep and for the food that is provided for me each and every meal. Some are not so fortunate.
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-17-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
My rehab for my knee surgery on Oct 9th is going awesome. I'm actually recovering a little quicker than expected, and might be strong enough to take a trip to the OWC on my spring break!. I can't wait to be back on the water!
Old     (bcnumber1)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-17-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
My good news is that I found out last week I got into my graduate PT school and I will be 15 mins away from riding with a new crew all summer and fall. I get to ride every weekend and hopefully during the week as well all summer now. Something I haven't done since I started wakeboarding.

Things may look bad but its how you look past the negative and find positive things that will lead to changes in our unfortunate situation.
Old     (zach2orjack)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-17-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
I have a wonderful family and my grandfather's cancer has receded. After a couple rounds of chemo he is doing good. He survived pneumonia and his last scan showed no growth a little over a month ago. I have my girlfriend and her 4 year old daughter that I love. I still have a job and business is getting better.

Now if I can figure out how to buy a house and a boat things will be perfect.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-17-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
GAS PRICES are good news for us!! We deserve it after last year. Heard this morning a barrel of oil is expected to get down to $35 or so in the coming weeks... due to demand being way down this year.

I don't mind people thinking that gas is still expensive, though... it's only keeping people off the road, and keeping demand for fuel low...
Old     (x_rated)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-17-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
Here is some good news I Just started a New Job! Yea I said Job! Not only that It gets better I'm Selling wakeboard boats at my new job!! The industry is doing good!! Yatzeeee!
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-17-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
Andy: where are you getting your gas for a 1.60$ everywhere here in Eagan is like 1.90 - 1.95$? And how are you storing the gas, just in a 50 gallon metal drum?
Good news for me is that I'm getting A's in school, but with it being winter and not many distractions besides wakeworld its not hard to get my hw done. Summer might deffinantly be a different story, since i go to school through the summer.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-17-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Just got my drivers permit and got an 89 on my Algebra 2 test. I'm pumped for sure.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
A jet crashed into the Hudson river...and everyone on board survived.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
good news for some is the Bail out package passed and that stimulus bill help me help the economy with a first time buyers tax rebate that reduced my taxes by 8k and i dont have to pay it back as long as i keep the home 3 yrs or more.awesome buying my first house and closes this week!

also in that package lies help for a lot of business owners,especially small business owners.

well im a small business owner in the HVAC business here in texas and the package allows for 30 percent up to $1500 tax rebate for installeing new higher efficiency hvac systems.This should be a great selling point and get things picking up quicker this season.

So im happy with the short term help the Gov gave us ,even though long term it may hurt the economy..who knows and really cant worry about that now.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
i guess more good news ,i broke my 08 Trancend platty 138 and my brand new one should be here by thursday ,thats no missed days on the water and abrand new board for the fifth straight year,FREE!

I hear the 09 is better so that is Great news!

oh and i slept at a holiday in expess last night :-)!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-18-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
I am surprised someone hasn't popped off about saving money on their boat insurance.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-18-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/669632.html?1235009233
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-18-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
I have been out wakeboarding two weekends in a row and I am Planning a river trip to the Trinity river this Sun. Just bought a Pro X 1000 ilb bow sac and I'm gonna plumb it Friday when I get off work. All I need is a amp for my sub and I will be on top of the world. Funny all the work that goes into your boat is a good way to escape from all the bad that is going on in the world.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-18-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
Luke you hittn trinity river Tx? We'll be there probably sat. Were were there last sat. Bring your wet suit bro. water is still around 55.

What are you rollin in, I'll keep a look out for ya. We'll either be in a ol yellow supra mariah, or a '01 black and white supra launch.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-19-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
California just passed it's state budget last night.... lots of people were going to be sent their pink slips today... but someone finallys stepped up to the plate and voted. It is good news for me, I just sold 20,000 shirts to Arnold, to be printed next month, for his new Terminate Violence campaign... Aloha from Huntington Beach.
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-19-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
Griffey is back in seattle!

Also, we are all alive and blessed to be able to wakeboard and enjoy boating!

Thats my good news of the day
Old     (tl_hereford)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-19-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
Benny,
Mighty T @ 19 bridge. I'm in a 2000 blue and white supra launch. We for sure goin cold or not. We have been riding Lake Conroe but there are too many boats on the weekend. Sat calls for rain thats why we r goin Sun you should P.M. me if you ever need a pull or a third.