Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Looking to put some led lights on my Moomba. I am thinking about going with a blue look but not sure...any help? Can anyone post some pictures of what they did as far as led lights on the interior so I can get an idea of what I want? Also thinkin about puttin lights on the swim platform...thoughts?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-09-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/424766.html?1174284050

post about a month ago about LEDs, I would contact him to see where/how he got them..ect.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-09-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
I went with green to match the dash lights and my boat is green. There are two in the front above each grab handle, two obove, one mounted to the tower the other is on the light bar, one above the cup holders on each side, one on the sub and one in each storage compartment next to the motor. Sorry the pic's are not that good. Upload
Upload
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-09-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
We bought our boat with the speaker rings installed by a local stereo shop before we ever even found the boat so I really don't know much about them.

No other lights, just the speaker rings.
Upload
Old    Ben Kerran            04-09-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
I'll play
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
I did the same. Above the cup holders, above the sub. But mine are white. I put them in most of the same places except a few in compartments also. Like the back lockers, glove box, etc. got the leds on EBAY and had them installed.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-09-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
I don't get the craze about all this stuff. Kinda reminds me of Ricers with neon underglow lights. But hey it's your boat do what you want to it.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-09-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
Well if your tied up at night it's kinda nice to see inside the boat especially if you have been drinkin.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-10-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
If you're drinking why the hell would you be driving an expensive boat like that around?
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-10-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
For practice
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-10-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
only one person is driving and the other people on the boat seem to appreciate them
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-11-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
Anyone use the wakespecialty.com kits??? I just bought one and i'm waiting for it to show. Seem a little more expensive but the gallery boats look great.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-11-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
I have. only negative was it took about a 6 or 7 weeks to get the product. But once they arrived they are great.

Aqua
Old     (jase_f)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-11-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Upload

Upload

Here is my setup in action and another of it just relaxing....
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-11-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
ryankid,

be careful of wakespecialty. I bought some other stuff from them and they never sent it. They wouldn't return calls or emails. There have been a lot of other people posting the same. I got lucky and my credit card protected us. Check it out before it's to late.
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-11-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any current, up-to-date info on Wakespecialty.com? I know they had some issues several months back, but what about now? Anyone with any new info, please spill the beans....
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-11-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
Jase F.

did you know that 1st pic is in the new wakeboard mag in the Texas portion of a 50 states thing.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-11-2007, 11:35 PM Reply   
There was a post that a NEW person took over wakespecialty. He said he was going to make things right with everyone and get things back on track.

I have not heard anything since then good or bad.

BUT, if I was that guy, why keep the same name? Change it!! There were soo many pissed off people, he could have bought the company, changed the name, offered great customer service and had people buying stuff from him like crazy. I would never have kept the name of a company that wronged sooo many people. Oh, well. He may have different reasons.
Old     (luckydevil)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-12-2007, 6:06 AM Reply   
the pic above posted by jase f is in the new WAKEBOARING MAG in the texas info, look it up
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-12-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Well i will post, since i had put a purchase through wakespecailty.com before i posted. I only got the LED install kit and 1 LED to check the color. So i guess i wont be out alot if i get screwed. I will keep everyone updated. If they are claiming they will send stuff and don't, there in some trouble. They us USPS, and that is considered Federal Mail Fraud, and with a little effort the USPS will go after anyone who does this!!!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-12-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
www.led-concepts.com ships same day.
Old     (chad52)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-12-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
I ordered some stuff last year from wakespecialty and they took 3 months to ship half the order. I never saw the other half. I got the same message from the new guy saying that he had taken over and would make things right. He never did. I never got the remainder of my product. I would advise against ordering ANYTHING from them. It'sa good product if you can get it, but not worth the hassle. They are next to impossible to reach if you need to ask questions, either by phone or email.

Chad
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-12-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
Luke, I remember that post, now that you mention it.... I agree with you, someone could of taken over, offered great customer service and they could have been pushing LED's to us boat owners left and right. They offer some great products but, like alot of people, I've resorted to buying my LED's from other sources... Still not willing to take a chance with Wakespecialty.com....
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-12-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
why put leds on ur boat ????

Duuhhh ,, the chicks dig it
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-12-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
i should have just said that in the beginning
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-12-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
Well H@LL thats going to piss me off. Sent two emails today, hope to hear something back, but nothing yet. Can't anyone run an honest business anymore?!?!?!?
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-16-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Well looky looky, after a full week, no leds no responses nothing. For everyone that has been screwed by wakespecailty, im going to try to get them shut down. Please pm me if your willing to tell whoever your story, if needed. Thanks
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-16-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
Ryankid,

I feel for ya, it just bites when people take your money. What color and what products are you looking for, maybe I can hook you up?

I will send you a PM.

Mikeski

Upload
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2007, 11:20 PM Reply   
Mikeski: I am wanting to do a very simular setup on my boat as you currently have. You got anything for sell?

LED-COncepts doens't have a yellow option - I have a white /yellow boat so I am not sure what color to go with...
Old     (tmobe)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2007, 11:25 PM Reply   
Mike. You have a hook up on LED speaker rings?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-17-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Clayton - if you like the look of yellow, there are other companies who sell that color. I usually have people match their dash lights and it turns out great no matter what the exterior color of the boat is. We had a guy use green on a yellow boat and it came out great.

Good luck with your project.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-17-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Mikeski I like the light bar. I want to buy from you the same thing you have for under the platform. I can't do a clean install of the pucks I bought from you earlier... Can you drop me a line.

Aqua
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-18-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
This stuff looks exactly like the stuff I have above my platform. It just came up as a sidebar on google!

http://www.plasmaled.com/LED_strip_lights_lighting.htm

I can get this stuff but it's not worth it for me to order it from China, this guy sells at close to my cost.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-18-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
This stuff looks exactly like the stuff I have above my platform. It just came up as a sidebar on google!

http://www.plasmaled.com/LED_strip_lights_lighting.htm

I can get this stuff but it's not worth it for me to order it from China, this guy sells at close to my cost.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-19-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
I got a few things from wakespecialty last year and had no problems what so ever but it seems to be that was before any change of ownership. I also got some color changing 2'led's bars that are mounted under the gunnels so they shine down on either side of the dog house on my direct drive. The colors cycling look pretty suite.

Anyways check this site as well. This is where I bought the color changing led's. www.superbrightleds.com
Old     (a907rider)      Join Date: May 2006       04-19-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
where do you get the led speaker rings?