Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-10-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
Which handle would be the best to get? My in laws ran over last handle (don't ask) and said they would get me anything out there to replace it. So I'm asking, what's the best (not necessarily which is the most expensive. I can figure that out on my own)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-10-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
Proline Clutch grip.
I had the Premier handle for a while. The clutch grip is super soft rubber, not EVA.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2005, 10:27 PM Reply   
well, if you want the most popular and most expensive (i think they're the most expensive), go with accurate's carbon handle. but, if you can get a chance to check out the hardline dhs, please do so before buying the accurate carbon. i've had mine since end of '03 and it's still comfy and not falling apart (yet).
Old    wickedwake            02-10-2005, 10:56 PM Reply   
I prefer my Accurate Premier.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-11-2005, 7:33 AM Reply   
don't listen to Joe. Everytime he rides with us he uses our Accurate carbon and he brings his own DHS. No wonder why his DHS is not falling apart yet
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       02-11-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
I've got an Accurate Parks Carbon and I think it's the best handle I've used.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-11-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
I have a couple of the EVA type and a Proline, which I've been using lately - it's soft rubber like SoCalrider mentioned and grips better than EVA's IMO.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-11-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
bug, it's called "being too lazy."
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-11-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
yeah sure it is
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-11-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
Check out the Nevin handles. They are sick. They look like the carbon handles, but are flexible on the sides and they have machined grips instead of molded. They look really durable and feel really good.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-11-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
I've been tempted to try that Nevin. I hate the carbon fiber handles - banged up my hand the first time I tried one, but the Nevin seems different.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
I absolutely hate the Accurate Carbon's they break, they cut your hand & honestly I just don't like the stiffness. The Nevin handle is sweet as hell, the Colin Wright one is tight!! I still use my old school, original Accurate Recon, I like it a lot. No wrap handles either.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-11-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
Hardline DHS or Fly High
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-11-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
StraightLine Bantam
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-11-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
go with any of the LF handles. They got it goin' on this year. I had a watson handlef from last year and it kept falling apart, but they fixed the problem for this year. Insted of taking the foam grip and wrapping it around the actual handle and then gluing it making a seam, they somehow got the foam shaped into some tubing, or that's what I would imagine, because it's seamless. My handle became the favorite for a while, except on Insano's boat, when we would always have as many ropes as we had riders.

I'm planning on getting another LF Watson handle this year.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-11-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
watch for hardline to put out some great handles for lf!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-11-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
Thane, you forgot to mention that cool minty green color !
Old    tcboarder            02-14-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
i've got an 04 accurate zero-g carbon handle, if you take care of it, it shouldent get dinged up to much. and new for this year they claim that carbon handles have a ding resistint clear coat, and they even come with a very nice carrying case.