Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-10-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
Its time to step it up and buy a tower, and I'd like some suggestions. We have a 1999 20 ft. Stingray LX. We are leaning toward the Monstertower or Titan - We like the look of each. Would a black tower (less expensive than polished stainless steel)look good on our boat, which is green and white? Pictures of different towers on similar boats would be ideal.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-10-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
Monster Tower is a very popular choice. I don't think you can go wrong with MT, and Bill seems to be a great guy.

The Titan Series I is a great tower for only $1299 on Wakeside.com

Boss just release the new fully adjustable Knight tower which you can pick up for a mere $1099.95 also on Wakeside.

Considering their reward program, you could earn over $100 bucks in free gear for purchasing one of these towers. Free shipping and No tax as well.

I think black would look sweet. What color is your windshield wrapped in (black, silver, chrome)?? Just my opinion, but I would try and match that. Good luck!

(Message edited by d_o_double_g on March 10, 2004)
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-10-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
I am a dealer. I suggest a hard look at the new Loud Liquid tower. It is solid, has a unique look, folds down in seconds, and has an array of colors. Best of all, it comes with board racks and can be pre-wired for an array of speakers.

rider@boarditup.com
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-10-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
D o double G: thanks for the input. Like I said, we really like the Titan, and would prefer to pay for the less expensive series I but its my understanding the series I only comes in black. Nothing on our boat is black except a little rubber strip around the boat. The windshield is stainless steel, and so I wonder if a black tower would look odd/bad.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-10-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Brad, Actually the Series I offers custom colors for FREE!! A color matching your boat or pin stripe would look very custom and sweet!

Pick a color, any color...
http://www.tigerdrylac.com/pdf/ralcolors.pdf

(Message edited by d_o_double_g on March 10, 2004)
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-10-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
Brad here is a couple of pics of my black titan. I love the tower, you can't go wrong with it. I have had it for 2 1/2 seasons now and love it. I have also heard good things about the monster tower.

Old    chris_newrider            03-10-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
Take a look at this and call brian at Wake Air(1-877-wake-air). Custom fit, custom color and solid as a rock.

GX185
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-10-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
Check out pictures of Stingray's and other boats with towers at http://www.monstertower.com/customerphotos/index.htm to get a feel for how different colors will look on your boat. Also check out www.boattraderonline.com which often brings up pic's if your looking for a specific tower on a specific boat type.

If you have a polished and anodized windshield frame and chrome or stainless cleats & hardware then a brushed, polished or chromed tower is what most people prefer. If you have a lot of black trim then a black tower is a great fit. A custom color to match a boat trim is a excellent way to go as well.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-10-2004, 9:55 PM Reply   
My favorite is a white tower if the hull is white and not "cream" off-white. I have owned two BUs with white Skylon Classic Swoop towers.

White look less heavy up top and adds a nice style to the boat. Then load up with chrome-bling accessories.
Old     (graphik)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-11-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
monstertower would be my choice. Check out the site where they have customer photo's, you may even find one on your boat model.

good luck
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
I can second the WAKEAIR opinion I love mine and Brian has been a huge help along the way. And the Hiem joints really seem to help. Monster also uses them.
Old    wake1up            03-11-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
HAS ANYONE EVER USED OR OWNED A MANTA RAY TOWER?
JUST FOUND THEM BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR PRODUCT THANKS
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
OK, this actually helps a lot. Stan, I love the black titan and I'd buy today if I had any black color on our boat. I just don't think a black series I Titan would look good on our boat, which is green and cream/white - no black. My suspicians are true in the sense that we should match out tower color with our windshield frame and cleets etc., which are stainless steel. Does the Titan Series I come in stainless steel? If not, then it seems the MonsterTower will look the best and is the most affordable. Bill, I actually found a pic with the Monstertower and our same boat so appreciate the assistance.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-11-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
Brad, if the stainless look is what you like, then you can't go wrong with Monster.
Don't forget the Titan can come in any custom color of your choosing for no extra charge.
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
D O double G, does any custom color include stainless for the Titan? Honestly, with the custom colors I worry about matching the boat color exactly. Of course, they are likely experts and should have no problem matching, correct? Would a matching color darker green tower look good?
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-11-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
Brad- you can get the Titan in a polished stainless. I would have got mine that way but it was around $500 more at the time if I remember correctly. One of the differences if I am not mistaken between the Titan and the Monster is that the Titan is Stainless steel where the Monster is Aluminum not that it is a big deal either way. I like the stainless but most of the towers out are aluminum. I don't think you will go wrong with either tower.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
Only the Titan Series II is available in Polished Stainless Steel. The cost is $2,590.95 for polished. We sell quite a few of the Series II in polished finish, but they usually go on newer boats that are worth over $30K.

That is why we are so excited about the Titan Series I selling for only $1,299.95 with any custom color at no extra charge (worth $195).

If you like the look of the Titan towers, I would consider a Series I and match the green trim on the boat with a free custom color.

Here is the color chart:

http://www.tigerdrylac.com/pdf/ralcolors.pdf

You need a high speed Internet connection to open this PDF file.

Mike
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-12-2004, 6:05 AM Reply   
I guess I dont understand the difference between the Titan I and II. Polished is available on the II but not the I. Custom colors are free on the I but $195 on the II? Do these come from the same factory? I thought the only difference what the rear legs are curved on the II.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
Bill,

The Series II has a swooped rear hoop and is one of the OEM towers for Malibu for the 2004 model year. The Series I was the OEM tower through 2002. Titan stopped polishing the Series I and instead focused on mass production, minimizing product cost, reducing the options (except for custom powder-coated colors), and creating a price-point tower.

The best way to sum up the Series I is that it's the old model OEM stainless steel tower with fewer options. Wakeside.com pushed to get the free custom colors instead of just black so that we could satisfy more boat owners.

Anyone who owns a Malibu with a Titan tower or knows someone who does, knows that this is the most rigid, best engineered, quietest tower on the market. The quality of their welds and mounts are unsurpassed. Not everyone likes this look which is why so many swoop-style tower are sold.

Scott at Titan has really given a "gift" to the wakeboarding community by offering his obsolete, OEM, five year old model for $1,299 with free custom color.

Wakeside is selling this tower like hot-cakes.

Mike
http://www.wakeside.com
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
By the way, Wakeside.com may be able to persuade Scott to polish the Series I if we have a few people out there that really want this option. The cost of the polish is still $595. It takes more than 8 hours of labor to polish one of these towers since it is stainless steel, not aluminum. The final product looks more like chrome than it does polished aluminum.

Mike
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-12-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
Mike, I'd probably be willing to pay the extra for something that I know will look hot and is exactly what I'm looking for. It would still be less than $2,500+ for the series II.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-12-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
Look at profile.
tower is an Airboom($1600). Turned out great.
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-12-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
Yea, I have an Airboom too. I really think that there customer service is great and I also think that Ron and Denise are great people. BUT, I would much rather have a Monster or Titan I. I loved the tower for the first year, but it seems to have loosened up. $1600 is pretty steep for this tower.IMO you can't go wrong with a Monster for under $1000
Old    wegotbikes            03-15-2004, 5:05 AM Reply   
here is a pic of my phat budde tower that I love because it has built in board racks, no need to purchase them seperately.
Old    mojavegreen            03-15-2004, 7:36 PM Reply   
Here is my Airboom