Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2010, 6:59 PM Reply   
I thought it sucked to be hated by one person, but a WHOLE STATE??? Thats got to suck!! There goes all our recruits.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-12-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
NO SHEET!! THAT SORRY M. EFFER. I HOPE USC GETS THE DEATH PENALTY IN THE NEXT YEAR AND THAT GUYS ERODES INTO COACHING MEDOCRITY.

EFF OFF KIFFEN.

THANKS FOR NOTHING DOUCHEBAG.

(all caps off now)
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
If i were kiffin i would have my sheet packed real quick like...on second thought i would be gone already. you know there are a thousand death threats at him now
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-12-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
His house should be ashes by now. Maybe the Coliseum will collaspe on him when he walks back into the stadium.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-12-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
I wonder who we will go after now?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-12-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
Who knows? We're screwed regardless, unless we manage to keep most of Kiffin's recruits. Maybe we can get that guy from Northwestern. Or go after that guy that is waiting to take Brown's spot at Texas (his name slips my mind at the moment). They should have grabbed Brian Kelly last year instead of Lame.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-12-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
Kinda Ironic. He'll fit right in there with the NCAA probes and shady dealings left over from Carrol.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
i would like to see us get leach from texas tech. IMO
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-12-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
This is what we get for running Fat Phil out of town.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-12-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
Im a huge UT honk and I say Good riddance. He has been nothing but an ASS since he got to UT. Let him go F up USC now.
USC- Hes your problem now.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-12-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
I hear ya E Double U. If the NCAA had to deal with Lane on few different occasions at Tennessee, things could get real interesting at USC.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
As a UCLA fan I APPROVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-12-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
Paul- so I guess you don't mind that Kiffin is stealing Norm Chow from you?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2010, 9:10 PM Reply   
word is the students are rioting in knoxville..
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-12-2010, 10:21 PM Reply   
Scott- Norm Chow isnt going anywhere. Not sure if your with the rumor train or what?????

Even if he was...not a big deal for UCLA. He hasnt helped them much if your up on college football.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-12-2010, 10:42 PM Reply   
last i heard/read, norm chow is in negotiations w/ usc.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-12-2010, 10:56 PM Reply   
I don't care how much of a big deal it is for ucla if the rumors are true...just thought I'd throw it out there since ucla fan is laughing at usc. Ucla can use all the help they can get at this point. But yes, I am up on my pac 10 stuff and I'm looking forward to some pretty epic crosstown slap fights between two of the classiest coaches in the nation.
Old     (akman)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2010, 3:09 AM Reply   
As long as we get to see some close up shots of that HOT TROPHY wife of his who cares!
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-13-2010, 5:49 AM Reply   
Will Mushchamp is "the guy in waiting". I don't think Texas will let him go.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2010, 6:12 AM Reply   
I have to admit I was kinda worried that U$C would make a classy hire like Mike Riley, Jeff Fisher, of Jack del Rio. Someone with integrity and a solid reputation to clean up the mess that Cheatey Petey left behind while fielding a quality, well-coached football team. As a UCLA fan, that was the worst case scenario.

Instead, they hired the sleaziest guy they could find, a head coach with a career losing record and recent recruiting violations and, by the way, who is already 0-1 against UCLA and Neuheisel.

Well done, Trojans. Well done.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-13-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
"Will Mushchamp is "the guy in waiting". I don't think Texas will let him go."

I have had this discussion in the past even the last time TN was looking for a coach before they hired Lame.

1. Can Texas pay a coach in waiting the same amount of money that Tenn will be willing to put out? My guess is no as Muschamp will probably be offered somewhere in the 2.5 to 3 million a season from Tenn.

2. Mack Brown has offered no idea when his retirement may be. It could be next season or 10 seasons from now. It could very well turn into a Jimbo Fisher (FSU) situation where I believe Fisher is not as favorable with fans as when they first made the "guy in waiting" comment several seasons ago. So does Muschamp continue to wait and allow all of these "elite" coaching jobs go by waiting for Brown's announcement? Not to include the millions of dollars that continue to pass him by.

3. Muschamp is from the South (Rome, GA about 3 hours from Knoxville) played and coached for UGA. Perhaps the itch to get back into SEC play will prove tempting.

I don't know if Muschamp will come to Knoxville, but he is listed as the number 1 target for the Vols. They are going to have to make the move fast in order to retain as many recruits as possible, and to keep that piece of sheet Kiffin from taking them to USC. Kiffin, dream job or not, is a sleaze ball and I wish him nothing but the worst in his return to SC. Hopefully, he tanks, the Trojans run him off in a couple of years and his coaching career will be over at the ripe age of 36 or 37.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-13-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
When will the Mushchamp love fest stop? The dude acts like a raving lunatic on the sidelines and so we show him on tv every other play?? Let me say it here first...he will fail as a head coach!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-13-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
VOLS SCHMOLS
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-13-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
How long till Kiffin and the Weasel get in a fight. I have to imaging USC will be on sanctions but Kiffin and Orgeron are ridiculously good recruiters. It hasn't actually happened yet but if Chow goes to USC they are going to be able to recruit even better than when Carrol was there. I hope for the rest of the PAC10's sake they decide to recruit a lot of national guys that way UW can clean up on the guys in Cali that USC overlooks.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
First I am a huge TN. fan. Secondly, I think Lane brought a lot of energy. What exactly did he do wrong? Is he supposed to remain loyal? Heck if he has a few losing seasons, we would fire him. Is that loyal? I don't fault him one bit for going to an easier conference with higher pay.
Old     (dcdave56)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-13-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
UT is keeping the QB Bray that they just brought in from California (he is already enrolled) he didn't want to go to USC and play behind Barkley, I'm sure. Norm Chow will jump ship for sure.

I have no idea who UT will be able to go after, it's a little late... but UT should be glad to get rid of Kiffen, he had dug a very deep hole already in just one season.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-13-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
LSUfreek's rendition of what went down. Make sure you watch this with no other webpages open, the animated gif is long.

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20100113/133663.gif
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-13-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
That's a great pickup for us USC haters. I can't wait for the sparing from USC and UCLA.

Riley isn't leaving Corvallis again. I personally think he is one of the best and classiest coaches in all of sports.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-13-2010, 2:14 PM Reply   
matt c, I don't fault Kiffen for leaving for his dream job at USC. I fault for the manner that it was handled. I especially fault that scumbag Orgeron for calling early recruits of UT and attempting to lure UT commitments to USC. I understand recruiting is a dirty game, but dammit man, have some class. You are leaving a university high and dry, don't try to suck out the last few drops of water that are left.

I still wish Kiffen and crew the worst on their move to Southern Cal.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2010, 3:40 PM Reply   
Lame is a talented college coach with no guiding principle other than "What's in it for me?" Buyer beware.

I wonder if u$c really is his "dream" job. When he was there before, they treated him well and he moved up pretty quickly. But he left as soon as a pro opportunity came along. Maybe this move is nothing more than a chance to get back to Cali regardless of the harm he causes to a program that took a chance after he got fired in an ugly situation. Anyway, Lame and u$c are a perfect match. Until another pro opportunity comes along.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-13-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
Good for him.. Thats part of the power you have when you are on of the top Football programs in the nation. We see this every year no sure why people get so worked up or are suprised.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-13-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
Tennessee - HAHA!

And for all of you USC fans, why do you trash Carrol and call him a cheat now? How did you not suspect he was cheating like crazy when he got all of those recruits and won the championships? Also, are you going to forfeit all of your championships and heisman trophies?
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-13-2010, 6:31 PM Reply   
I'm not real happy with USC hiring Kiffin, but you UCLA fans don't have much to rave about class and integrity with Coach New-weasel.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-14-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Kiffen's crew certainly wasted no time hahahaha

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-usc-recruiting14-2010jan14,0,1704092.story
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
Paul- so I guess you don't mind that Kiffin is stealing Norm Chow from you?

FAIL!

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4825852
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2010, 5:36 AM Reply   
LOL, UT fans are not happy with Lame Kitten!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVRCKWm4stE&feature=player_embedded
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-20-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/Tennessee-Vols-waste-treatment-plant-Lane-Kiffin-012010?gt1=39002