Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (latviaman)      Join Date: May 2009       11-26-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
I have a 99 Mastercraft Maristar with the Indmar LS1 Corvette Motor. I was confused on what Oil Filter to Purchase, the one on now is a aftermarket one. I called Inmar and he says use the PZ3. Great, but I go to the Indmar website the manual says, All 5.7 Liter except LS1 - Pennzoil PZ3, If it is a LS1 - NAPA Gold 1042. Any ideas why he (Indmar) says PZ3 and the manual 1042. Last Question I am not sure what tranny/vdrive I have. I think I have the Midships Mount: ZF Hurth Marine In-Line, but am not sure. Thanks in advance
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-26-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
I thought this thread was going to be about wine...
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       11-26-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Go over to MC team Talk for this question, the PZ3, same spec as my Indmar MCX, uses a NAPA Gold 1069, or if you want the larger one, which many use on this engine get the 1060.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-26-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
I have a newer Malibu with an Indmar engine and my manual recommends the PZ3, but I use the Napa 1069. Pretty sure consensus on the Malibu site was the 1069, can't remember all the reasons, but it boiled down to it being a better filter. Bottom line, there are a lot of filters that will fit and the PZ3 is acutally the same filter as a couple competition filters (Fram possibly, I don't remember though)...
Old     (latviaman)      Join Date: May 2009       11-26-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for your responses, I created a new account with team talk and posted there. I was just a little concerned on sizes. Mallory on now is one size, 1042 is another size, the Pz3 is another size. At least I am not in a hurry. Thanks again.