Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (harris)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
i was lookin to get a comp vest and thought the oniell's looked sick. i was hoping to get one with ok floatation. any input?
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-11-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Dan, there are very few comp vests that will give you a lot of flotation. I have an oneill Gooru brand new XL for sale, its in the classifieds. Not a lot of flotation, but comfortable and buckle-less and zipper-less. In all honesty, i think that the helium vests will give you the most flotation when lookin at a Non USCGA comp vest.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-11-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
ive got the new guru too and i love it...... it feels like your not wearing anything.
but for what your looking for, i would guess you want something like the law by oniell, which is supposed to be the most flexible CGA vest on the market..............at least thats what they say.....
Old     (harris)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
are there any comp vests that will keep you from sinking to the bottom?
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-11-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
I would hope all of them. Not much point to wearing it if it doesn't float you. Comp vests just don't float you very high, compared to CGA.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
i wear the new gooru and it floats me with my mouth out of the water wheni have air in my lungs. the checkmate floats me up to my chin with air in my lungs.

the checkmate is sick if you want more floatation and it is still super thin and comfy. but i love how light weight the gooru is andthe way it is skin tight and doesnt move. no zippers or buckels is a must!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-11-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
If you want to float I would go with the Checkmate or Revenge by Oneill. Both are comp vest.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-12-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
the outlaw is a great comp vest, enough flotation to keep you up but very free feeling, thin, and light.

some riders at owc really recommended it to me and i am glad i trusted them
Old     (harris)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-12-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
any word on the 08 vapor
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-12-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
I dont like the gooru, if it doesnt fit 100% perfect it bubbles up on you in the water... the boost is my fav., floats you and as far as impact protection its been the best for me
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-12-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
check up on the JetPilot falcon. it's a bit different than the attack vest with little to no float, at the bottom of the falcon there's more of a real life jacket feel, that I would hope would provide some more flotation while still remaining comp!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-12-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
Dan they dropped the vapor for 08'
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-12-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
That sucks...I love the Vapor vest.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-12-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
I still have some in the shop
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
Nick, you have to get 1-2 sizes smaller then normal.

the check mate is a huge improvement on the vapor. if you loved the vapor you need the checkmate. lighter, less bulky, and the ziper on the side has a protective piece of neoprene so it doesnt tear you up. the zipper on the vapor tore up my back