Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (becci)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-09-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
we're about to order a 230 Enzo reverse prop '08 but
still thinking about whether to get the switchblade or bennet trim. I've read so and so and just can't decide. We only surf goofy that's it , so please help which one will give us the best surf wake ?}
Old     (dubguy72)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
switch blade you have way more wave control
you can make more adjustment then a trim tab

just my opinion
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-09-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
Check with Inland Surfer guys, but I believe they run the trim tabs and not the switch blade.
Old     (dubguy72)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
they do only run trimtabs on both of there boats
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-10-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
here at inland surfer we use the trim tabs only. every year we help set up the boats at worlds. this year i drove both boats for all the finals on sunday. i have had to try to dial the wakes back in for every rider. the boats at worlds are set up with the switch blade. i personally do not see the benefit of adding a high priced option like the switch blade. we get way better results with the trim tab and installing a enzo sac from fly high. if you have the extra weight proportioned correctly in the boat the trim tab can increase or decrease the steepness of the wake. i also found when using the switch blade it created a big "fire hydrant" right behind the swim step. that made lip/slide trick very difficult. if you have any questions on setting up your boat drop me a line at lance@inlandsurfer.com
Old     (becci)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-11-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
but is'nt the wake smaller with the bennett trim instead of the switchblade?
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       09-11-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
bigger isnt always better, for surfing wake shape and lenght makes all the difference. Plus when surfing an enzo size isnt ever much a problem. The switch blade effects how the boat drives a lot too. For the cost of the switchblade i just dont see the gain. A good adjustable ballast system and the trim tab will treat you better in the long run.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2007, 3:21 PM Reply   
If you don't do any wakeboarding I would not get the blade. I have the blade because it makes the lip nice and "peaky", can't be duplicated with weight alone.

but for surfing, the boat makes an awsome wake with or without the blade. With out it, the boat runs about 400 less rpm's. Better Economy!
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-11-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
rebecca, I have the sv230 with a switchblade. I have not used the switchblade all summer. No bennet trim tab either and the surf wake is incredible. like Jason said, the switchblade is awesome for wakeboarding, but surfing is much better without it. I've currently got a 4000 dollar boat anchor sitting in my garage that is nice and shiny.lol go without for surfing, my experience with the exact same setup your going to buy.

oh yeah, listen to the boys at inland. They have the sickest lookin surf wake I've every seen.