Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2006, 2:34 AM Reply   
i've seen many post about the subject and i am going to install one. which one is the better choice? i plan to hook it up to an infinity amp pushing my 4 component speakers in the boat and let my tower speaker run at full power.

i may install one to each amp for the boat and tower?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-12-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Garold,

Here is an idea for pac-1's. I have one for the sub, one for the boat speakers, and one for the tower. REALLY slick set-up. I don't touch the stereo or remote all day. Just these, and the ipod. You can get the pac-1's pretty cheap, and since you are putting one in, might as well add a couple more. Really works well.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-12-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
Duh! Forgot the pic. Here ya go.....

Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-12-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Buzz,

A little pre-amp EQ will do all that plus add an additional input and boost the line voltage, maybe even save a few bucks. I run both an EQ plus a PAC LC-1 on the bow speaks.

Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-12-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
Can you tell me how you mounted the LC1's to the fit flush behind that plate. I want to do this behind my dash but I don't have any type of plate to use the brackets to mount then to. it is just flush in from and in back of my dash.

(Message edited by scooby76 on April 12, 2006)
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
how did you connect it? i know there are RCA output, but are there RCA inputs for my head unit? that way i can run three RCA's (for the boat, tower and sub)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-12-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
Scooby & Gerold,

I had the stereo dudes do the whole deal, so I am not real sure how they hooked it up. I am pretty sure I have a sub out, so that probably went to one, and front speakers to one, rear to another. From the Pac's, they go to the inputs on the amps (I believe). As far as the mounting, I believe they took off some faceplate from the Pac's, and that allowed them to mount through the plate they made.

Mikeski,

I am considering adding a parametric eq, mainly for the voltage boost. I inderstand they have a sub volume, master volume, fader, and eq. I have thought about how I use my stereo, and even with those available, I still would probably leave my pac's just for the versatility. I want individual control of each speaker area. With a fader, it is a bit different. When I have a rider in the water, I just turn up one control, and the inside boat speakers usually need to be adjusted occasionally if we want to talk, a good song comes on, we slow down, etc. I like being able to do that without effecting the tower. If I was using a fader, I would turn one down when I turned one up, etc. When my rider falls, and I am picking him up, I just turn down the tower all the way. If I was using a fader, I would probably also have to turn down the master volume. Just seems very simple the way I have it, and it works REALLY well. Like I said, I am considering an eq for the boost, and the eq adjustments, but as far as regular volume control, I would probably keep what I have, and integrate it. Works for me, maybe not for everyone. If you took a ride with me for a while and saw how much they get used, and how simple it is, maybe it would be clearer. I am not great at explaining this stuff, but I can run the tunes! Still considering upgrading my tower speakers. Probably will have to upgrade one amp, since my Defcons are 2 ohm. Oh well, maybe I will throw that amp in my truck!

Here is one of the eq's I am considering. From what I hear, it is a decent brand. If you have any recommendations, let's hear it.

Thanks.

Upload
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-12-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
OK, that pic turned out way smaller than I expected. It's a Soundstream MPQ6X0