Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-20-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
Just saw the ad in Wakeboarding Mag.

A couple of new models:

- The GREEN Loogey
- The BLACK Pearl

Lance, can you tell us what has changed from the yellow and the 4skim?
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Matt, we made small adjustments to all the boards geometry. The biggest differences is with color changes. Red Tide and Loogey didn't need much adjustment from the '07.5. We really like the new designs, cosmetically they are hot. The Blue Lake is a lot faster and a very cool blue color, the 4 Skim color is way cool as well. We will have a preview of all the new boards at worlds next week.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-20-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
^^^^^^that sounds dope...the craftsmenship on your boards is second to none, I just bought the limited Woody skim this weekend....its sick!
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Nick, glad you like the board. Inland Surfer has been making epoxy wake surfers since 2002. It shows in the craftsmanship, fit and finish of the entire line. Using this manufacturing process you get the same board every time, no variations. Let us know how you like the 4 Skim.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Im loving my board. The last few weeks I have been riding with only one stock ballast bag full so the wake was a bit small but I just got 2 600 pnd sacks and threw those bad boys in there for labor day and with those plus 6 people the wake was sick and i was ripping with the skim. Its so light and fast, and easy as hell to break loose. Its definitely got me stoked to go out and surf...

(Message edited by nickdakoolkat on September 03, 2007)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-03-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
How about making a larger 4 Skim for bigger guys? Maybe a 5 Skim?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-03-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
Hey Lance -

I love my new PINK 4Skim also. The guys are loving their black pearls also. Although Brad is now enjoying the yellow board more often.

I took my board out with some other friends and every single one of them wanted to ride my board. They all had a blast on it. Don't be surprised if you get them coming knocking for their black pearls soon.

Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
Yo, glad to hear everyone is enjoying the 4skims. Ed, we have some new ideas on the drawing board but Jeff wont let any details out of world headquarters. I've been riding the new loogey prototype lately and really enjoying it, working on my ollies. I want to be like Chase.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       09-04-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
How about putting mounting holes in the four skim so that you could mount two 3" fins like a loogie

also what is tha black pearl (shape size wise)
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
We have a prototype 4skim with custom fin boxes and the loogey trick fins installed, Jeff rode it a world's last week in merced. Jeff loves the ride and feel. No plans for production right now though. The black pearl is the new 4skim for the '08 season, same shape and size of the current 4skim. It is metallic black with white trim. The '08 4skims will be available in this black and pink. The 4skim is the only '08 model we have been selling early. We will be unvieling the rest of the '08 line at surf expo in orlando next week.
Old     (blownc6)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-05-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
Lance, I'm in the market for a Blue Lake but the 07's are gone, when will the 08 Blue Lake be available? Thanks.
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-06-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
We will be taking delivery of the '08 line at the end of sept./early nov. At that point we will be releasing the Blue Lakes and the Black Pearl (4skim). We still have some stock of the yellow loogey and red tide so those won't be release until the '08 calander year.
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-06-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
whoops...end of sept./early oct.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-06-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
Hello everyone,
Kind of a hi-jack here, but, is there much difference in ride between the blunt nosed older Loogey and the new pointed nose design? I can get a good deal on the older style, and am curious if I would regret not getting the newer style. Unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to demo them, at this time.

Thanks.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-06-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
The '06 is faster down the line. The '07 is faster rail to rail. Both very good. My preference is the '07.
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-06-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
I ride with some folks that have the older 06 Loogey, and they seem to like my 7.5 more (they always ask me to bring my board).

I have a IS Blue Lake too...and the Loogey is a great addition to the line up! I love it!
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-06-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
I have the 2007.5 Yellow IS board and I now ride it pretty much all the time.

As Jeff Walker said in a previous post, this board is fast.

The new fins are easy to change. I have a set of the smaller red fins which I use from time to time which really loosens up the board.

Haven't been able to do a 360 yet but that is going to happen soon.

I too have a 07.5 Blue Lake which has worked well also.

Can't wait to try the Black Pearl.
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-07-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Brett, the biggest differance between the two is with edge to edge turning. like Ed said the '06 is faster down the line but edge to edge turning the '07.5 is quicker. We addressed this issue on the '08 and the prototypes are even faster down the line than the '06 with even more quickness edge to edge than the '07.5. The main reason we pointed the nose is because the majority people are figuring out how to weight the boats better. Generally speaking, the bigger the wake, the bigger the trough at the bottom of the wake. With a square nose board when you initiate an outside cut (on a big wake with a big trough) if your not carefull you can scoop water and pearl the board. With a pointed nose board you generally won't scoop any water on that outside (away from the wake) cut.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-07-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the responses. Hey Lance, I have an X-1, so my wake will never be huge. I can pick up the older style Loogie,(brand new), for $235, which is substantially less than the retail price of the new style. Considering my wake, and the price savings, I'm trying to determine whether to justify the newer style board? I am an early intermediate rider, which means I can freeride and carve without any tricks, but, I'm now ready to start attempting new tricks. . .

Thanks again, and sorry for the hi-jack
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-07-2007, 12:16 PM Reply   
Barrett, drop me a email at lance@inlandsurfer.com with your phone # and we can chat in more detail.
Old     (blownc6)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-07-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
>>We will be taking delivery of the '08 line at the end of sept./early oct. At that point we will be releasing the Blue Lakes and the Black Pearl (4skim).

Thanks Lance, My son has a birthday in September and a 08 "Blue Lake" would be the perfect gift even if he had to wait till October!!
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-10-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
we will make an announcement when the '08 blue lakes are in at the end of sept./early oct. drop me a line at lance@inlandsurfer.com if you want to get on our back order list to guarantee you a board. last shipment we received we got 90 blue lakes and they were all sold in two days.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-09-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
Hey!
the '08 line from Inland Surfer is here...
http://www.inlandsurfer.com/shop/Results.asp?category=5

The Blue Lake and Black Pearl look sweet!
Upload Upload

(Message edited by goodwin on October 09, 2007)