Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-05-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
what board do you guys reccomend, im roughly 6 ft and about 180-185....the boat is a 1994 cc sn cb. i have 3 fat sacs, 2 250 lb side sacs and a 750 phat sac.....what i understand is i take out my back seat and sac out on side?..what sac or sacs do you reccomend and what side...would like to try something else besides wk8sk8 and wk8board.....thanks ryan
Old     (mbwakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-05-2007, 8:03 PM Reply   
Dude i would reccomend you looking at the shred stixx line there sikk... go to www.shredstixx.com
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-06-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
for your 1st board I'd recommend looking into an Inland Surfer
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-06-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
Ryan,

I am with Sean go with Inland Surfer. I originally bought the Hyperlite Broadcast, then bought the IS Blue Lake and so wish I didnt spend the money on the first board. The blue is fast, light, will progress with your ability, and pretty much everyone in the boat can use it.

www.inlandsurfer.com

dg
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Ryan -

You are going to have to work with what you have but I'd start by getting the 250's around the engine, stacked if you can and the 750 where the back seat is/was. Play with both but you are going to end up with sacs around the engine as well in the back. Just play and you'll find a way to tune it with what you have.

For a board, I'd try to get on a HL Broadcast, it's an excellent trainer, you probably won't grow out of it this year and you'll have it as a trainer to teach people with forever. I wouldn't recommend the board to anyone that wasn't brand new. It would fit your setup nice.

The blue lake is a great recommendation but you can save some money going with the Broadcast to see if you are your crew really like wakesurfing, and your wave.
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-06-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
I agree with Sean and Dave. The Inland Surfer Blue Lake is a great all-around board. A bunch of folks have learned on it behind my boat -- from my 12 yr old daughter to a bunch of 170-200 pound buddies from work.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-06-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
the first time i went was on a blue, then bought the red thinking it would be a good beginner board for others, didn't like it at all. blue is great, yellow is great too. I've gotten newbies up on the yellow no problem, but the blue definitely seemed really easy!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
I ended up with his ^^^^ Red Tide. I love the board. It's great for the big boys. I took it out this last weekend though and almost no one else could ride it. I'm not sure why. Maybe you just have to be over 225 to ride it well.

By the way, Inland fixed it up real nice, but it's cracking out again. I'm not sure what to do now since the cracking is happening on the nose now.
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Shawn, glad you enjoy the board. The bigger you are the better for that board. Keep in mind that board is our cruiser board. Its designed to ride like a long board would in the ocean, nice easy turns. We redesigned the red tide for the '07.5 summer release. The new red is a higher performance model. We were more than happy to repair the board for you when you sent it to us. While doing the repair we noticed that the damage was consistent with the board being hit by something or dropped. The damage was like what had happened to Mark Sher's board when he accidentally dropped it on the stairs of the dock. I'm not in any way saying you did anything like this but I just wanted to point out that these boards are susceptible to damage from being accidentally knocked around against things harder than them. This is pretty standard with most high-end water sports equipment. We have yet to see a board that has cracked due to riding it. We have found that epoxy does hold up better than fiberglass and if treated properly the board will last years and years. I'd be happy to sent you a repir kit to address the issue on the nose. Give me a call or email.
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Shawn, glad you enjoy the board. The bigger you are the better for that board. Keep in mind that board is our cruiser board. Its designed to ride like a long board would in the ocean, nice easy turns. We redesigned the red tide for the '07.5 summer release. The new red is a higher performance model. We were more than happy to repair the board for you when you sent it to us. While doing the repair we noticed that the damage was consistent with the board being hit by something or dropped. The damage was like what had happened to Mark Sher's board when he accidentally dropped it on the stairs of the dock. I'm not in any way saying you did anything like this but I just wanted to point out that these boards are susceptible to damage from being accidentally knocked around against things harder than them. This is pretty standard with most high-end water sports equipment. We have yet to see a board that has cracked due to riding it. We have found that epoxy does hold up better than fiberglass and if treated properly the board will last years and years. We offer padded board bags to help in transport and storage. I'd be happy to send you a repair kit to address the issue on the nose. Give me a call or email.
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
sorry about the double post, dont know what happened there. read the second one.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-08-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
Shawn, great to hear they took care of it for you, awful to hear it's cracking on the nose. I took my IS Yellow out saturday and my brother in law fell off and kicked it under the swim deck hitting the brackets and putting a nice big gash in the front!
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
call or email us and we will give you a hand in fixing it, send you a repair kit or send it in and we'll get it fixed
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the response Lance. I just got back here to read it. I'm figuring the nose cracks are from one of my buddy's falling and kicking it in to the boat so no worries there.

Yeah the side cracks were a big surprise to me too. I baby'd that thing like no tomorrow the first time out. I'm sure Ian used a hammer on it a bit before he sent it to me :-)

So... how bout an exchange on a blue? :-) I'm outgrowing it already and will probably be wanting a higher performance board to do tricks on. I still need some float though because of my 250 pound butt.
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
Shawn, I dropped you a personal e-mail. Give me a call and we can see what we can do. We are currently sold out of Blue Lakes for the season. We will be taking delivery of our '08 Blue Lakes in November, not sure if we will release them at that time or not. You should check out the new design of the Red Tide for '07.5. We pointed the nose and changed the edge geometry, this greatly improved the performance. Its way faster and quicker edge to edge, rides a lot like the Blue Lake now and we have them in stock. For a person your size this is probably the board you want to be on.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-17-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
Hey Lance,
Is there any Blue Lake Limited Woodys left?
I love my Red Tide woody!
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-17-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Browny, sorry. The limited blues were all gone a long time ago. We do have a few wood 4-skims left. Im glad you like your Red Tide Woody, its my favorite of our limited editions. I can't say anything about our '08 line yet, but I will say Inland Surfer has a trick or two up its sleeve.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-21-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
If you're a beginner, I second the HL Broadcast or IS Blue. I am a beginner and made the major mistake of getting sold an '06 Inland Surfer Red Tide LW Woody. Cool looking, but as others have said it is impossible to ride. I finally sold it to an expert long boarder who was the only person I've met that could control the thing.