Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
I have an opportunity for a 2nd chance offer to purchase this lens now for $760. B&H price is $749, but they are backordered.
It is a US lens and has never been used.
How many have been able to use this lens and what are your thought. The plan is to keep it as an all purpose lens on D100, since I already own the 80-200mm f2.8.
I know it sounds redundant, but I'm getting the D200 later this summer and I hate to keep changing lenses back and forth.
Old    jpbray            05-15-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
I have the D200 and I've tried the 18-200mm. It's a really nice lens to have. You'll probably use it on 95% of your shots even if you have wider and longer lens. It's very sharp at every point and any aperture and more over, it's almost a macro lens. You can focus so close. If you want some pics, just add me to your MSN and I'll send you some. jpbray__114@hotmail.com (there are 2 little _)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-06-2006, 12:19 AM Reply   
My 18-200VR finally arrived a couple weeks ago. I have take about 500 pix now and still learning, but so far so good. Paid $749 shipped, no tax from amazon.com, sourced through Ritz camera.
Old    jpbray            06-06-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
Were you on a waiting list? If so, how long was it? I try to find one but it seems to be back order everywhere.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-06-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
That's a good deal since everyone is asking @200 above that cost.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
It took about 5 weeks to get through the system. I was on two waiting lists, Ritz was the first to ship.