Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (suit226)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-18-2014, 9:08 PM Reply   
Why isn't there a wakeboarding video game out there? A game where you could wakeboard, wakeskate, surf, drive the boat and all of it being realistic. Like the game skate.

I know people are going to say there was a wake game... I want a realistic one.

Come on EA!
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-18-2014, 10:24 PM Reply   
does sound cool, I want a cool boating game as well...
Old     (AxisofEvil)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2014, 5:59 AM Reply   
What ? Shaun Murray's Wake boarding unleashed Brah! Whats unrealistic about some toe side tantrums, 1-1-6, sliding rollercoarster rails, or a hover-wakeboard?

I love that game, in fact I was just playing it last month!
Attached Images

Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-19-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   
I have Van Halen's "Change" on my boat playlist because of this game--and because it is a bada** song to rock-out to.
Old     (suit226)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-19-2014, 7:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisofEvil View Post
What ? Shaun Murray's Wake boarding unleashed Brah! Whats unrealistic about some toe side tantrums, 1-1-6, sliding rollercoarster rails, or a hover-wakeboard?

I love that game, in fact I was just playing it last month!
That game was epic. Just time for something new. Maybe a king of wake series game.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-19-2014, 10:14 PM Reply   
That game was cool, but unfortunately probably only appealed to wakeboarders. I didn't/don't own it and only played the demo version that was included on THPS4 my roommate had. Would be real interesting to know how many copies sold. Maybe Murray knows and would reply?
Old     (suit226)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-20-2014, 6:42 AM Reply   
I think a new game would be a little more popular. Not saying wakeboarding unleashed wasn't, I just don't remember if it was really marketed that hard. I think with cable parks becoming more popular you would have a wider audience.
Old     (annq42)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-20-2014, 7:08 AM Reply   
I am a big gamer and followed this game closely when it was being developed. It uses the Tony Hawk's Skateboarding engine, which allowed them to speed up the development. That is why there is such a focus on the rail riding in the game. I remember reading an article in Wakeboarding Mag, about Shaun and the game, the thing that stuck with me the most, was a comment Shaun made about the music. Saying that he was glad he decided to go with the classic rock sound track to make the game more timeless.

Byerly had a Xbox only game being developed. It was abandoned due to the lack of Shaun's game being sold.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-20-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
I wonder if a wakeboarding game would be harder to make vs a skateboarding/snowboarding game? Would it be a cable game, boat game, or both? To do it right they would have to take in account line tension, rope length, speed, pull point height... etc ON TOP of the typical game physics. I bet it would be a blast to play but a nightmare to make.
Old     (suit226)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-20-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
I bet they could do it. I mean look at all these crazy games being made today. It would have to be both cable and boat I think. But I just think it would be a cool of season hobby. Haha
Old     (smitty75)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-20-2014, 7:03 PM Reply   
All they seem to make now are shoot em up games. I have a ps4 that is basically only used for Netflix and redbox instant lol. I'm tired of shooting people, how about some action sport games, mx, snowboarding, wake boarding. Anything other than damn call of duty
Old     (suit226)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-20-2014, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty75 View Post
All they seem to make now are shoot em up games. I have a ps4 that is basically only used for Netflix and redbox instant lol. I'm tired of shooting people, how about some action sport games, mx, snowboarding, wake boarding. Anything other than damn call of duty
Haha I only use my xbox for the same thing
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-23-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
I use mine the same way, other than playing my brother in hockey ... That goes back to 1994.. Ha
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-23-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
Let's be honest here…. Wakeboarding in Wii Resort is legit.
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-25-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
Let's be honest here…. Wakeboarding in Wii Resort is legit.

I agree 100%
Old     (evolover1418)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-28-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
Wakeboard on the wii is so stupid. If this game can work for ps3 ill be so happy