Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
I have the Wake Design racks(chrome). I think they are the rs5 racks. They are a year old and the chrome is pitting. I no longer have the receipt and wonder what I should do? Do you think they will still stand behind their product? Any thought's would help. Thank's in advance.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
Good company, they should. Take a picture of the defect and send it to them.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-16-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
Wake Design only offers a 6 month warranty on their chrome. They told me that they could not help me with this problem. That is bad customer service!! I paid about $550 for my racks and this is the service I get. I would think twice before buying a Wake Design product!!!!!!!
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-16-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
wake designs sucks! remember their racks are made from pot metal, they had a bunch break in half 2 years ago!!!
Old     (goinboardn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-16-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
I too have had a poor experience with their lack of customer service trying to track down parts for my "older" racks. good luck
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-16-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
I'm sorry to hear other people have had bad experiences with Wake Design products as I have had. I will never recommend their products to any one. BUYER BEWARE of Wake Designs!!!!!!
Old    oliver_klozov            02-22-2006, 10:51 PM Reply   
I had the exact same problem with my 10 month old Wake Design Racks!

I talk to the customer support girl and even the president, he tried to tell me that it was because I lived in Southern California and it was the salt air. My boat has never been in salt water and has never been close to the ocean. I asked him why I didn't have this sort of pitting on every other chrome part on my boat, he had no answer.

A 6 month warranty on this type of product is a clear statement about their quality control. Plus they had some stupid rule that you had to return the warranty card filled out or the warranty was void. Who ever fills out those warranty cards?

Wake Designs will NOT stand behind their products!!!

Hit me up with a PM if you want his name and phone number

(Message edited by oliver_klozov on February 22, 2006)
Old     (andreas)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-23-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
I have been unable to get a call back or e-mail from them regarding rack that I was told I could exchange as my surf board not fitting?? Told me they had sent exchange and never got them nor any return calls or E-mails.

If any of them read this I would appreciate some form of contact.

andreas@garlic.com

Thanks
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Plus they have a really crappy clamp system, it'll scratch and gouge your tower.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com