Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (hyprlightborder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-02-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
I just thought i would see how bad everyone else has felt the pain this season with some pics or whatever. I was out wakeboarding sat with some friends and i had to swim into shore, so as i got close enough to reach the bottom i stood up and as i started to walk i slipped and cut my whole bottom part of my foot open on a piece of broken glass. I now have 15 stitches inside and out of my cut so i wont be able to wakeboard for 2 1/2 weeks or longer. Sucks pretty bad. ha good thing theres vicodan tho otherwise i wouldnt be able to go to far. It looks pretty knarly with all the stitches.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-02-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
ok if you were "out wakeboarding" why did you swim to shore?!? just curious. and if you post a worst falls post don't talk about cutting your foot unless you hit a double up, came out of your board and cut your foot in the process. glad to hear bout the vicodin though congrats and happy drinkin!
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
I broke my tibia and blew out my knee in early June. I'm still feeling that pain.
Old    boardline23            08-02-2004, 6:22 PM Reply   
i busted my toe open by dropping my wakeboardon it
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 12:34 AM Reply   
Faceplanted - tore/stretched abdominal muscles!!
belly
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-03-2004, 5:47 AM Reply   
AHHHHHHHH!! My eyes! My eyes! I thought you were gettin a body wax.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
ahhh buzzzzzz not again...warn us next time. looks like you were hurt in combat.
Old    jeff_h            08-03-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
I broke my ankle in two places won't be able to ride until mid-late september.
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-06-2004, 2:06 AM Reply   
Broke my ankle also probaly won't ride until next year.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2004, 5:26 AM Reply   
euh buzz... there's no way those muscle were only stretched... they were torn all the way... it look exactly like my thigh looked a week after knee surgery... I have always been told that if you could see blood like that, it was because of the muscle being torn... I see it got worst than the last picture I saw... it must have hurt so bad...

for my part the only bad fall I had this season so far was by throwing my tantrum a bit like a whirlybird and landed all twisted out flat on the water... sprained my ab muscle but nowhere close as bad as Buzz's fall... first year out after knee surgery I'm pretty happy about how things turned out... just wish my confidence would have been back faster...
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
2 words MACH 3

Sorry Buzz couldn't resist. Get well soon.}}}
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-06-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
Sorry for the fuzzy pic again, but when I crash this hard, gotta show it off. I also plan to NOT have another mark like this on my precious body again. BTW, Ii has gotten larger and darker since the last photo!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-06-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
Buzz, you might want to ask for one of these for christmas as a stocking stuffer.

http://www.gillettem3power.com/home_f.asp
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-06-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
I took this pic of my brother on memorial day...and then had it blown up for his Birthday. It is not quite a wakeboard crash, but still not bad. I don't think I will be able to talk him into skiing behind the Air Nautique anymore...back to those little ski boats and skiing around balls. (what kind of fun is that)
Ken's Crash

(Message edited by gundogg on August 06, 2004)
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-06-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
well this is what i got of my superman dive no damgage just a busted ear drum but it sucks i cant 180 from switch
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-06-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
good goo that hurt