Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-12-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
I must be missing something, because their base 21 is 67K with no trailer, freight , dealer prep, etc. Thats not any cheaper than most, is it?

Don't get me wrong they look as nice as anything else, I was just surprised as some people on here are always talking about how you can buy 2 of them compared to other brands.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-12-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
I was quoted a lot less.... Did you use the site and get confused with the MSRP....I did the same at first, talk to a dealer
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-12-2013, 8:22 PM Reply   
I was in the mid 60s with a semi loaded 23TWB with trailer.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-12-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Yeah I just looked at their site. We have no dealers here. I typed in my zip and nothing comes up. That would be at least 20K off MSRP.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-12-2013, 8:37 PM Reply   
Ya I would call a dealer...I was quoted for having the base motor, no trim plate (I'll put my own on for 400$), surf lights, led lights inside, and two rev 8s, and a white trailer with black xd rims. I was also looking at the white and green 23twb at Texas Mastercraft (would have to ship to Cali), but getting it here and not having dealer support may be what keeps me paying more $$ for a centurion.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-12-2013, 8:38 PM Reply   
Can I ask why you're going away from Tige?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-12-2013, 8:56 PM Reply   
I'm not going away from Tige. I've had great luck with them and my dealer is awesome. Just was curious as to the cost as everyone is always talking about how cheap they are. Always keeping my options open. We even stopped and looked at Nautiques while we were bored on vacation. I about passed out when they told me their pricing. I've never been able to shop them as there have never been a dealer anywhere close to me.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-12-2013, 9:06 PM Reply   
Ya I was peeking at a Axis while on vacation in Lake Shatsa area, and the dealer had it about 30kish cheaper than a Mali with very very similar options and same sized boat...it was cool to see them side by side, and I could never pay an extra 30 when a boat like that was sitting next to it. I am curious as to how much the Axis 24 foot with gate will be priced at? Every axis guy I have talked to loves them, but I primarily surf, so its narrowing down to Centurion or MB for me..or at least that's where I always find myself being the most interested when looking at boats/options/surf/price.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-13-2013, 7:36 AM Reply   
Wake dirt, where are u from?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-13-2013, 7:54 AM Reply   
is taht a 22 Tomcat???
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-13-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Same here in Florida. Surf fresh sells them and a heck of guy but its not a full service dealer. So if you buy brand new any problems and or service is an issue. I think if they could land a dealer in Orlando or Tampa area they would do very well. Its freaking FLORIDA.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-13-2013, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeski1 View Post

Yikes...
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-13-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
Thanks for the incredibly constructive criticism.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-13-2013, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Yikes...
i agree, here's my take... the dash layout looks good but should wrap around to the throttle with an integrated arm rest and cup holders that don't look like an afterthought. The switches look good and the blue gel scheme is money. The windshield completely missed the mark. Function wise i'm sure its great but looks out of place to me, same goes for the top corners of the tower. The back of the drivers seat reminds me of the tribal mb's that were dated when they first came out. Even the whole B52 name is old. It was cool in 98 when they came out with the all black wakeboard boat with neoprene seats that weren't supposed to burn you and it was like the b52 bomber... the name fit. Now its dated and "The Mother Ship" seems more apropriate with the tower lines and windshield. I know my post is harsh, but the new features are disappointing. I think they missed the mark here. Less is more. The windshield doesn't need to be a focal point. The tower corners don't need to be focal points. It needs to flow better as a whole, not look so pieced together. I'm a huge fan of mb, just not a fan of these updates.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-13-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
Wake dirt, where are u from?
CA, I called you before, looking at the white and green classic, but it sounds like there will be crappy dealer support if I ship it up here.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-13-2013, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeski1 View Post
Thanks for the incredibly constructive criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
i agree, here's my take... the dash layout looks good but should wrap around to the throttle with an integrated arm rest and cup holders that don't look like an afterthought. The switches look good and the blue gel scheme is money. The windshield completely missed the mark. Function wise i'm sure its great but looks out of place to me, same goes for the top corners of the tower. The back of the drivers seat reminds me of the tribal mb's that were dated when they first came out. Even the whole B52 name is old. It was cool in 98 when they came out with the all black wakeboard boat with neoprene seats that weren't supposed to burn you and it was like the b52 bomber... the name fit. Now its dated and "The Mother Ship" seems more apropriate with the tower lines and windshield. I know my post is harsh, but the new features are disappointing. I think they missed the mark here. Less is more. The windshield doesn't need to be a focal point. The tower corners don't need to be focal points. It needs to flow better as a whole, not look so pieced together. I'm a huge fan of mb, just not a fan of these updates.
^^^ok, then what he said.^^^

Although I would disagree that it is harsh. People describing other boats don't care if they are harsh or not. They are just opinions. In my opinion, MB's are/have been pretty ugly boats. The local dealer here in Sac sells MB's and Bu's. There is no way I'd ever choose an MB when it is sitting next to a bu.

How about that tower is like a cheap knockoff looking thing. Compare it with Bu's tower. 'nuff said.

On a positive note, the boat seems to look better/have better lines than previous MB's which I am not a fan of, although I appreciate MB's push the sport mentality.

Believe it or not I was hoping they would have something for me to really get excited about even though I've never liked them...That boat doesn't take me there.
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-13-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
See, now that helps lend to the discussion.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-13-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
^^^ok, then what he said.^^^

Although I would disagree that it is harsh. People describing other boats don't care if they are harsh or not. They are just opinions. In my opinion, MB's are/have been pretty ugly boats. The local dealer here in Sac sells MB's and Bu's. There is no way I'd ever choose an MB when it is sitting next to a bu.

How about that tower is like a cheap knockoff looking thing. Compare it with Bu's tower. 'nuff said.

On a positive note, the boat seems to look better/have better lines than previous MB's which I am not a fan of, although I appreciate MB's push the sport mentality.

Believe it or not I was hoping they would have something for me to really get excited about even though I've never liked them...That boat doesn't take me there.
Ha, I own an MB and I agree with almost all of this. Seems weird to me to geek out super hard on the switches and the corners of the windshield without addressing some of the more common criticisms and shortcomings.

As for "better lines," it looks to me like it's a 21' twb with the "classic" gel. Aside from the metallic gel, that exact boat could've been had back in 2011.

Where I'd have like to have seen MB spend some thought:

helm speakers for driver
(an option for) additional integrated surf ballast
glovebox power
the tower (having seen it in person it doesn't look THAT bad, but that's still not a glowing endorsement)
better racks
blige access in the front / walkway

Now, I did buy my boat while it was sitting next to a bu. The $20k+ price differential was pretty hard to ignore. I hope for MB's sake that that gap is not closing because of the "improvements" in the '14s. That would really erode the boat's most endearing feature: bang for the buck, especially as the "big 3" seem intent on 5-8% year over year price jumps.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       08-13-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
I was really looking forward to seeing some updated stylish graphics and redone interior design, so I'm pretty dissapointed it still looks a bit dated. The window and tower aren't bad in my opinion but the whole design flow just seems weird and pieced together. They need to at least have an option for a better style package so you can choose besides the classic. There's a few hits and a few misses, ill have to see it in person to decide.
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-13-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Completely agree with SD. I tried to make the numbers make sense when the choice came down to 13 VLX vs 13 F21. The difference is $17k in my case and heck $17k is still $17k and although I have to admit the wakesetter series looks absolutely stunning on the water, I can't justify it based on looks and the surfgate feature.

Most family does not surf, they only wakeboard so quick switching has no value to me.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-13-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
the link wont work for me....somebody post some pics please
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-13-2013, 3:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by v10rider View Post
Completely agree with SD. I tried to make the numbers make sense when the choice came down to 13 VLX vs 13 F21. The difference is $17k in my case and heck $17k is still $17k and although I have to admit the wakesetter series looks absolutely stunning on the water, I can't justify it based on looks and the surfgate feature.

Most family does not surf, they only wakeboard so quick switching has no value to me.
This is surprising to me, I would have thought the "gap" between these two boats would have been even more cost, it seems like MB is slowly creeping up in price making the "no brainer" choice for value not so easy to decide on between other manufacturers.

When I visited the MB factory last month, my friends boat was being built (TWB 23) , it was fun to check out the build process. What was disappointing for both of us, was when I asked them about a "surf system" being released from MB in the future and there answer was "We don't think we need one". Fair enough I thought, but after having a surf gate equipped boat this season and being able to weight it evenly, drives better, produces a great wave, people sit comfortably in the boat, switch sides while riding or immediately for different riders, I wondered if they had ever tested one of these boats before? (either NSS or SG). Seems like you would want to keep moving in a progressive direction with your engineering, especially with how popular wake surfing is becoming. Even my friend who ordered the MB thought it was a lame answer, he has been out on my boat a few times with SG and was impressed with how it performs.

Also, we did see a new boat down there that resembled the MXZ from Malibu, it had a different gel pattern on the side of the boat. It looked similar to the one pictured above, same window and tower but with a different styling on the side of the boat. I am sure it will pop up somewhere soon on the internet, surprised they don't have pictures of it yet. I thought it looked pretty good.

Last edited by fman; 08-13-2013 at 3:26 PM.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-13-2013, 3:41 PM Reply   
They released some pics of the various gel schemes on FB today.
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-13-2013, 5:45 PM Reply   
As for the B52's looking "dated" they are indeed the oldest molds in MB's quiver. Have you seen the 24' and now the 22'? As boats get redesigned and the B52's will be in the future, they will all adapt their new look. Just like car companies, they just have to wait their turn. As for the name, why rename them? They haven't renamed the wakesetters or xstars have they? Plus the B52 name has a cool story behind it.

The new 22' is a stellar boat inside and out. It does have its own exterior styling cues, with an interior that mimics the 24'. Which is awesome. Super durable, super comfortable, and the fit and finish that MB is known for. It also has a new dash design that does cover the entire drivers and passengers side. It is still low enough to have a usable windshield, and the new glovebox is huge.

This is actually a new tower from last year. The changes are slight, but nice. Please see the tower in person and witness the functionality of it before passing judgement. Star one has done a great engineering job on it. Plus it comes with Bimini, and swiveling 3 place racks( with no rubber to peel out of the forks)

I've took out our 24 tomcat. I am *okay*with the look of the windshield. I do LOVE the functionality of it. It's solid as a rock, and boarding is awesome

Go check these out for yourselves. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-13-2013, 9:31 PM Reply   
F22
Attached Images

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-14-2013, 4:37 AM Reply   
Malibu must be doing something right because the 2014 MBs seem to have a striking resemblence to Malibu models. If you can't beat'em, then copy'em
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-14-2013, 4:46 AM Reply   
Here is a mxz
Attached Images

Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-14-2013, 4:56 AM Reply   
Gel scheme is the same but thats about it

as far as the tower Moomba Sanger and MB have all gone the route of the forward leaning tower
and i do believe MB had the first wake boat with pickle forks.

as far as everything else.....besides gel scheme....they are really nothing alike
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-14-2013, 5:05 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure MC had the first pickle fork boat with the 03 XStar
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-14-2013, 6:03 AM Reply   
MB needs to chop off about a foot of those forks! They look absolutely stupid and add nothing but artificial length to the boat in my opinion.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-14-2013, 6:04 AM Reply   
^^^ your right....my bad
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-14-2013, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
I'm pretty sure MC had the first pickle fork boat with the 03 XStar
yep...my bad
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-14-2013, 6:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
MB needs to chop off about a foot of those forks! They look absolutely stupid and add nothing but artificial length to the boat in my opinion.
i think they look good (but to each there own).....but the XSTAR on the other hand does need to loose about a foot
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-14-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
MB posted pictures/ rendering if the the models on their Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MB-Sports/27007898003
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-14-2013, 7:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
If you can't beat'em, then copy'em
.... Then they can sell a boat with a better wake for $20k less

I like the look. If they chopped a foot off the. It would just be a blunt nose boat and not a pickle fork. I'd be curious to know how long the forks are on the MXZ, xstar, or rz2. I'm sure the difference is minimal.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
I have been in the 22' prototype and it is beautiful. I think the nicest boat I have been in. I did not get to ride it, but the fit and finish was extremely nice. The gel coat and the bubble back end really extraordinary when you see it up close. I can not wait to ride behind it. The price point they are talking about for that boat will kill off any in it's class.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-14-2013, 2:59 PM Reply   
"new" f24 dash/glovebox/interior:

Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-14-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
.... Then they can sell a boat with a better wake for $20k less

I like the look. If they chopped a foot off the. It would just be a blunt nose boat and not a pickle fork. I'd be curious to know how long the forks are on the MXZ, xstar, or rz2. I'm sure the difference is minimal.
Not to make this more of a Malibu vs. MB thread, but your comment about the wakes is laughable.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-14-2013, 4:07 PM Reply   
Hmm...actually I wouldnt say "better" wake..just different. We ride behind a 2012 22 mkz and the a 2012 f21 tomcat..id say its pretty comparable...but different. Personally Id take either boat...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-14-2013, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Not to make this more of a Malibu vs. MB thread, but your comment about the wakes is laughable.
How would you say the wakes compare? How did you get the opportunity to ride the yet-to-be-released MB?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
Anybody who doesn't see the resemblance is fooling themselves.

Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-14-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
How would you say the wakes compare? How did you get the opportunity to ride the yet-to-be-released MB?
Yes,

I am very curious... My source at West Coast Camps tells me that the wake is phenomenal for a boat that size. The only boat to have a nicer wake is the Nautique G23...I'm pretty Sure the founder of West Coast Camps has a bit more experience riding wake than most here on Wakeworld IMHO
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-14-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeko View Post
Yes,

I am very curious... My source at West Coast Camps tells me that the wake is phenomenal for a boat that size. The only boat to have a nicer wake is the Nautique G23...I'm pretty Sure the founder of West Coast Camps has a bit more experience riding wake than most here on Wakeworld IMHO
Well... he's also sorta affiliated with MB too. Not the most neutral evaluator.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-14-2013, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well... he's also sorta affiliated with MB too. Not the most neutral evaluator.
I can appreciate that yeah..>He also gets to ride any boat he wants to being a Hyperlite team rider, used malibu and nautique for his school boats...but his school is down the street from MB so yeah...I could see the favoritism...
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-14-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
I have been saying the same thing. Even the of you compare a vlx and WB.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-14-2013, 5:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
No worries. It's just my opinion and clearly yours is different. Everyone has a favorite boat that favors their riding style.
Old     (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-14-2013, 6:25 PM Reply   
Will the wraparound windshield still be available on the new models?
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-14-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsg137 View Post
Will the wraparound windshield still be available on the new models?
I hope they still offer the traditional windshield, I'm not a fan of those corner pieces at all.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-14-2013, 6:56 PM Reply   
Don't like the half windshield on the Axis and don't like it on the MB either. The rest of the boat looks nice.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-14-2013, 8:21 PM Reply   
For a sneak peak at the 2015 MB's just study a 2014 Tige!
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-14-2013, 8:58 PM Reply   
That new interior is Fugly. Looks like something from the 80s...

Hate to see a similar gel scheme as the MXZ. Neither Malibu or MB gel schemes match the shape of the boat. Both pickle forks look out of proportion (supra included).

The 40th anniverary xStar still has the best looking pickle:

Last edited by Bamabonners; 08-14-2013 at 9:05 PM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-14-2013, 10:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabonners View Post

Hate to see a similar gel scheme as the MXZ. Neither Malibu or MB gel schemes match the shape of the boat. Both pickle forks look out of proportion (supra included).

Best looking boat ever.

The Gel scheme of the new 22 definitely looks like a copy of the Malibu. That is fine by me though as I love that gel scheme. Not sure I care for the dash much but it is simple and doesn't have any screens so I am ok with it. Seats still look uncomfortable. By that I mean they still look to be shallow in the back cushion, the seat cushion to the floor and from seat back to front edge of the seat base cushion. I also don't care for the raised inside portion of the cushion. I am not sure why they do that. It should all be the same level.

I don't really like the windshield although I don't like any of the boats with that type of windshield. The only one that looks ok is the Axis.

Overall if they can sell a nicely equipped one for 55-65ish depending on area I like it. The only major competitors in that range are Axis and Moomba.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-15-2013, 5:30 AM Reply   
So is the F20 coming in 2015? or will it come out this year as well?
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-15-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
As for the interior, the new 22 is deeper, like the 24. And If you haven't been in a 24' yet, it's really quite cavernous.

Updated photos of our 2 stock 2014's
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2393383&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2393383&type=3
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-15-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
I agree, the profile of the Xstar is cool from the side, it's because the nose dips forward. But the drawback is the notoriously wet bow of that boat. The other pickle forks waistlines don't dip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabonners View Post

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-15-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
I saw the F22 in person at MB while we were doing a tour of facility. Its a very nice looking boat, but it does look very similar to the MXZ. But I also think the Supra SA resembles the MXZ.

I will give props to Mastercraft and Tige, they seem to be able to develop new boats without taking another makers design. They have a look that defines there brand.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-19-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
more F22 pics... hoping to have one of these next season for sure!
Attached Images

Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-19-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
If MB reads comments/dealers read comments, does MB have any sort of explanation for why they don't have an arm rest for the throttle and why the throttle is so high up? Such a simple feature that is a must-have for anyone who spends entire days in a boat at a time.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-19-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
Well being an owner of an MB I just shake my head... New for MB yes but looks like a Malibu and not "new" for the market. I don't get the windshield since they threw their own spin on it and not copied Axis with there's but I might have to see it in person. I'm sure the "new" design will keep them busy since MB owners will want to upgrade with the different features and prospect buyers will see a Malibu boat with a lower price tag. Smart move by MB I say but I don't like it.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       08-19-2013, 10:49 AM Reply   
All in all, I think it looks good. I think the armrest idea would be a good improvement as well as adding a traction foot step on the nose.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-19-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
If MB reads comments/dealers read comments, does MB have any sort of explanation for why they don't have an arm rest for the throttle and why the throttle is so high up? Such a simple feature that is a must-have for anyone who spends entire days in a boat at a time.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2013, 11:51 AM Reply   
My 23TWB has an armrest there. I also added a piece of SeaDek forward of the armrest where my hand always rested.
Attached Images

Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-19-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
That is actually an improvement on the 22 and 24, the arm rest bulges out a bit to the side, has more room on it than the 21 and 23
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-19-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
thats a reflection of the grey asphault vs the dark shaddow under the boat. if you look close youi can see the V goes all the way to the forks.

lol at mid 30s.
you can even buy a moomba for that (LSV/mondo)
Old     (smartin)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-21-2013, 4:01 PM Reply   
It appears that Mastercrafts 2014 line up has also gone to that shorter style of windshield.http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attac...1&d=1377126325
Attached Images

Last edited by smartin; 08-21-2013 at 4:06 PM.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-21-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin View Post
It appears that Mastercrafts 2014 line up has also gone to that shorter style of windshield.http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attac...1&d=1377126325
That's been an MC option since 2012
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-21-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
I sure like the MC finish to the shorty-shield better than that big blind spot piece of random bling tho.

"All of the inconvenience of a half-windshield with the bonus of a big a-pillar in your face"
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-22-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
I sure like the MC finish to the shorty-shield better than that big blind spot piece of random bling tho.

"All of the inconvenience of a half-windshield with the bonus of a big a-pillar in your face"
i concur. less is more. If the idea is to have less windshield then why make a giant piece like that?
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-22-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
"new" f24 dash/glovebox/interior:

Wow, that dash does not look good. Overall the boat is nice but some things just really make you scratch your head. That large chunck of aluminum hanging off the side of the windshield is another one.

I can understand why they took tower, gel, and windshield design influences from Malibu/Axis, but not sure why they chose the '85 Camaro for the dashboard designs.

Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-22-2013, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
It is mystery why some manufacturers have no throttle arm rest. I was in a 2013 Tige and was also missing an arm rest. Do the designers actually drive these boats?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-22-2013, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobenglish View Post
It is mystery why some manufacturers have no throttle arm rest. I was in a 2013 Tige and was also missing an arm rest. Do the designers actually drive these boats?
Glad you mentioned this... what model was it? I ask because I went to the Tige dealer early in the year to check out the new 2013's and sat in an R20. First thing I noticed was the driver set up was not very ergonomically appealing. No arm rest, felt like the seat was set too far to the left, and did not like the throttle position and how everything felt. I did not sit in the rest of them so I did not know if this was just in this stripped down 20 foot model or it was the same in every model.

On a positive note, the boat is really big for a 20 footer.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-25-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
You can catch a glimpse of the new F22 on this video posted in the home page. Around the 1:00 minute mark you get a pretty good shot of it.

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/videos...-robinson.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-25-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
man, they had a lot of people in that boat! Looked like a clown car!
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2013, 9:56 AM Reply   
2014 MB 21 Wide Body
Attached Images

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-28-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
^^^^ boat is hawt
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-28-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
I am over the flake paint already - flake if for bass boats
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2013, 10:05 AM Reply   
no flake 2014 MB 21 Wide Body.
Attached Images

Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-28-2013, 10:13 AM Reply   
whats the price point ?
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-28-2013, 10:13 AM Reply   
That is a much cleaner look - the dash still sucks
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2013, 10:34 AM Reply   
Well, I don't have any other dash pics..

You mad bro?