Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-31-2012, 12:10 PM Reply   
Back from Vacation and I was right...now have 34 hours on my new MB Widebody. My kids surfed for the first time without the cord and were super stoked. I landed my first 360 surfing and was also super stoked. Coming from my "other" boats I have had in the past the wave is just amazing on that MB. Not starting a brand thread here, just sharing my stoke. I had posted I was going to sell this boat, but now I am just not sure I can part with it. We had so much fun on the water with her that I was in pretty hot water with my kids when I told them I was going to sell it. So, I think we may have found our life long boat. Anyway, just wanted to share that my oldest 2 kids got to surf, and my 10 year old without the cord. I was so so so stoked to land my first 360. Landed many of them this week and honestly think it is the wave that was stopping me before. Man I love being out on the water with my family. I had my 4 year old up on the board with me and he loved it. My 6 year old (who is very timid) also got up and wanted to try by herself after doing it with me, then talked herself out of it. Still the fact that she wanted to is a huge improvement.

So, anyway....sharing the stoke...happy to land my first real trick surfing. Happy my kids loved to surf as much as I do. Happy the boat performed better than I ever imagined. Loving it!!!
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-31-2012, 1:22 PM Reply   
Scott, nice work on the 3! I had the chance to ride the 21ft MB Tomcat at Lake Powell this summer, it was a great wake! Didn't surf it but heard great things! I haven't been up your way this summer with Mississinewa being so low......I will let you know if I make it up that way!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-31-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
I don't surf but super stoked on the wake that I get to enjoy with my family... Nothing better than family & friend time on the water progressing together...
Name:  IMG_6006.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  63.9 KB
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-31-2012, 9:04 PM Reply   
Is the wide body supposed to be an improved surf wake? We don't have MB around Central Texas so I am just trying to gain a little knowledge.

Sounds like an awesome time with your family, my son is 14 months already lives the water and is living swim lessons. I can't wait until he wants to get on a board. It will be the most fun I have spending money at a board shop.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-31-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
I don't surf but super stoked on the wake that I get to enjoy with my family... Nothing better than family & friend time on the water progressing together...
Attachment 24450
That is a nice looking wake and some pretty legit air on that jump!
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-01-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
Amen to that Kevin! Nice picture.

Not sure about "improved surf wave" but coming from 2 (other boats) it was just plain better in all ways. My kids were so happy to be able to ride without the cord. Not sure who was more impressed me or them. lol Anyway, thanks for the shared stoke.

Rob - Been to the res 1 time this year. Had 2 boat trips for a week each. This last week we put 20 hours on. May sound low in a week, but with 4 kids and a whole other family there I thought we did good. Really have gotten into surfing, so much so that I haven't put on a wakeboard all year. Still remember riding with you at Giest and doing the face plant...ouch. Hope things are well with you, heard there isn't much water your way.