Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       05-07-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
Any one in here ride at Lake Norman, North Carolina? or any lakes in the area, if so let me know cuz it seems like there's no boarders around where I ride.
Old    wakegal02            05-07-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
I've heard Lake Norman is the largest man made lake in NC so I think there ought to be some boarders...what part of the lake are you riding in.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-07-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
check out www.endofropegang.com is a website for NC and VA riders, im sure there are alot of people on that lake, i have a place at kerr lake and i live in wilmington so i go to the cape fear river alot
Old    wakegal02            05-07-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
I was just wondering if anyone knew the laws for riding on lakes in NC, like if you must have a 3rd person on board while pulling someone?
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-08-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
No third needed in NC
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       05-08-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
ok cool, thanks guys. W.Brd-gal, I'm at the south end, as far south as it goes pretty much.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       05-08-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
W.Brd-gal, do you have an aim sn or anything where we could get in touch?
Old    wakegal02            05-08-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
no sry I don't have anything like that marcus. I don't live there either I've just been there a few times. I ride in the southern part though when I go. I've seen other wakeboard boats on the water and behind homes. Maybe once summer kicks in there will be a lot more noticable wakeboarders.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-09-2005, 5:29 AM Reply   
Norman is a tough lake to board on. It seems like every time I go, it is really hard to find a calm cove or a spot without rollers!

(Message edited by cocheese on May 09, 2005)
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-09-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
Theres a killer tournement on Norman, June 18th. Its called Wake The Lake, located at Vinnies Bar and Grill. www.southtownriders.com for more info.

PS
There arent any lake laws in NC. No holds bar and everything goes.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       05-09-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
sweet xgirl. Robert, you are so right
Old    mattscpu            05-13-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
There are several coves that don't get big boat traffic. Try up by the Hwy 150 bridge. I used to hit a cove north east of the bridge. If not, then follow the lake around (going North) until you find a good cove. Weekends are a bitch, but it can be done! I miss Lake Norman..... Get with the guys at the Rusty Rudder that have the shop in the basement. It has been awhile and I forgot his name, but they are all about wakeboarding. Hook up with them.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-15-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
I live on Norman and have been riding this lake for bout 5 years. That contest; wake the lake I got 3rd in last year in advanced and it had the best turnout in years. Anyways dont even try to go out on the weekends bc it really sux and the weekend warriors have a redneck nascar flair so you should be able to guess at their level of ignorance. I ride at Norman and mountain island lake which norman flows into . Mountain island is the best to ride on bc it has high banks and almost always serean coves. The dudes who you guys speak about below the Crusty Crudder are Billy Rosini and Justin McClure. Justin rips and parties just as hard. Another baller is John Rothmacher who I ride with on a fairly consistent basis. Last Tues. Tino, Collin, and Kevin Henshaw were in town and were all cool as hell. luckily we got a calm day but were chased off by the rain.
P.S. their are laws on NC lakes believe me I know and have been punished. They are more concerned with people rafting up in pristine neighborhood coves by golf course. If anyones tryin to ride in the area give me a shout at 704-892-1111 and ask for jamie
Old     (wakeclt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-15-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
Another LKN rider here. Definitely tough to find butter on the wknds. Mt. Island and Wylie are a little better for the most part. North of Hwy 150 there are many more locations to find good water on Norman. Mt. Island is good, but very small, so if you've got 3 or 4 boats on the lake riding, chances are you're not going to have a cove to yourself. North part of Wylie, which is just south of the Mt. Island dam is nice too. Actually a good number of riders around. Check into Mastercraft of Charlotte's website for events. Wake the Lake isn't really connected to them, but it really IS a great comp.
Old    wakegal02            05-15-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
I can't seem to be able to find out much info about wake at the lake, can you give me a website that I can check out, thanx!
Old     (wakeclt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-17-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
Don't know if there's much on the web yet, but I know it is June 17, 18 and 19 at the same location, under the Williamson Road Bridge in front of Vinnie's (Exit 33 off I-77).

I think that End of Rope Gang has been involved pretty heavily the past year or so, so there might be some information on their site soon.

Maybe it was Southtown Riders, like XGirl said...not sure.

(Message edited by wakeclt on May 17, 2005)
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-17-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
Email any one at Southtown riders. They are the main players I think.

Also End of Rope Gang stays as updated with any new info, but I haven't gotten any more info to update as of yet.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
eastcoast riders who talk shizz on mnt island lake can all suck it for being a bunch of pussies. I'm still here sayin EFF THE FREE WORLD!