Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
hey my friends and i have desinged this new tower speaker and can costimize it to any boat depending on color of boat or just polished and can also upgrade the speaker to highend speakers.
please give me some feed back on what you think of them. if you have any qustions feel free to ask
thanks

Old    bassboy8855            06-16-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
Lookin good... I wonder what it would look like an a bassboat...
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
How much are they?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-16-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
I'm with Jeff.How much?
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-16-2003, 8:32 PM Reply   
Me three. How much?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-16-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
how much for cans that will fit a 6.5 inch coax speaker? Would be interested in about 10 pair if the price is right
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-17-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
I am also interested. If you don't want to post price here, shoot me an e-mail. snwborder5@yahoo.com
Old    hockeyruss            06-17-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
I know it says cheap in the header for this thread, but I am sure it is going to be Xpensive, although the speakers look great. I am interested, do you make any that would fit a titan tower (2.25" diameter)?
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2003, 7:20 AM Reply   

Yo Johnny Call me ASAP.

Mike@wakeon.com
WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-17-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
I am interested also. Let me know.
Old    ctd_mobi_v            06-17-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Ok, I too would be interested in a set or two, so what is the price with or with out speakers. You can e-mail me at lumwild@cableone.net">plumwild@cableone.net
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-17-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
Awesome!!!

Looks like you've designed provision for a light bar.....how about showing a pic with those attached, as well!!!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-17-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Lets get some prices out there. I am in the market to get about 10 pair in the next couple of days. I am putting 6.5 inch coax speakers in the cans. My email is wakewop@comcast.net
Old    wakeboardingfoo            06-17-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
Are they removeable?
What speakers do you put in them?
Are they lined?
Any warranty?
And most important, how much skrilla?
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-17-2003, 9:57 PM Reply   
hey every one, just got home , sorry to keep you all hanging, like i said, me and my buddies just made a few for friends and local people, i think like ten. the reason i posted this was to get some feed back. thank you for all your questions. we have orderd material for about 100 new speakers. we need to break down the prices, so as soon as we do i will post it. were not out to get rich or over charge, we just want to make some cash for our time and try to put a little money in our pockets for gas and things like that. we are all avid boarders and are not looking to get over on anyone. we will provide a really good speaker and stand by it. we can put any speaker in them depending on what you want to spend also can just provide the can's its your choice. they are removeable and lined with dynomat.
i hope i answered all your questions and i will get a price asap
thank you all again
Old    miker            06-19-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
I want some to.
Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-19-2003, 9:07 PM Reply   
I'm interested. Christopher.L.Williams-1@colorado.edu I'd be happy to buy a pair or two off of you depending on the price.

-chris
Old    obsurfer            06-20-2003, 8:48 PM Reply   
those look sooo good put me on the list. Obsurfer@cox.net
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-20-2003, 9:07 PM Reply   
Let me know final pricing, too...
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-20-2003, 9:56 PM Reply   
Please let me know the cost.

Thanks
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-21-2003, 5:34 AM Reply   
Just something to think about... You'll get a better sound out of your speakers if they're in a wood speaker box (dunno if they'd look as cool though).
Old    quickhitter10            06-22-2003, 12:11 AM Reply   
Im interested just want to know the price but ill pay good money if the product is there
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-23-2003, 9:40 PM Reply   
Wow, there are a lot of people interested and yet no mention of a price yet. Don't let the business opportunity pass you by.
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-24-2003, 3:34 PM Reply   
hey everyone i am waiting to hear back from one more person on the coast of material, but please be patienet, i am working as quick as i can to get this ball rolling and the last thing i want to do is let any of you down. i will post it asap.
sorry for the hold up on the price
johnny
Old    martini            06-24-2003, 5:18 PM Reply   
johnny,when you find some time, get a hold of me @california correct craft (909)784 5454 x11, we sell boss and they are back ordered for weeks on end...we would like to carry your line here in the proshop and as option for boat sales...

let me know...
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-25-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
how cheap is cheap? How much are you guys charginng?
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
Can you mount a light in the front of the can?
Old    mojorisr            06-25-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
I'm interested... let me know : mojorisr@hotmail.com
Old    saydain            06-25-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
I want that too. Hope its not too expensive Takingthewake123@hotmail.com
Old     (jtfrisco)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-25-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
I would like to know also as I am very interested. jthayer@techstat.com
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-25-2003, 4:48 PM Reply   
im interested to. rsmylie@chartermi.net
Old    swass            06-25-2003, 4:54 PM Reply   
C'mon! Shake a leg!
Old     (liquidforce)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-25-2003, 5:40 PM Reply   
interested as well dannymas04@yahoo.com
Old    marlon            06-27-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
I am interested as well. How thick are the cans? What sizes do they accomodate? Obviously one is a 6.5". Is the back plate welded? You can email me at Marlon494@aol.com.
Old    riverfreak            06-27-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
some prices would be nice sisk180@yahoo.com
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-27-2003, 2:40 PM Reply   
How did you make them? I am a good example of a do-it-yourself kind of guy so it would be awesome if you said how you made them.
Old    duncans            06-27-2003, 3:53 PM Reply   
I'm also interested. So put me on the list for when you figure out the pricing.

-d
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-27-2003, 9:07 PM Reply   
cool guys
the price is comming. we dident think it was going take off like this but the price will be worth the wait. sorry to all of you for not being more prepared but it just happend so fast
thank you all
and we are working night and day to get this going
johnny
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-28-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
OK. Ya got me wanting to know as well. In my profile you'll see our new toy which of course we want to deck all out. We are definately intetested in doing the speaker thing! Don't know if you'll post the prices on here once you figure it all out, but if you're starting an email list...add mine too please, JsyGirl@aol.com
Old    xtremrider            06-28-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
Wow i want some also, i am being patient but the antisipation is killing me.
xtremrider@aol.com
Old    martini            06-28-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
johnny, thanx for the v/m the other day...what speakers are you using? and can you get them without speakers as well?just let me asap on availabilty and pricing, we are ready to place an order...
Old    martini            06-28-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
johnny, i just read your post...regards to what and if's...thanx, we would like to order both w/andw/out speakers. w/speakers,we would like mb quartz or diamond...can you do these brands?
Old    martini            06-28-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
johnny, i just read your post...regards to what and if's...thanx, we would like to order both w/andw/out speakers. w/speakers,we would like mb quartz or diamond...can you do these brands?
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-29-2003, 6:54 AM Reply   
With the stock SANTE stereo, would the stock amp be enough to power a pair of those tower speakers?
Old    gordy            06-30-2003, 6:44 AM Reply   
yo dude..
im interested, when will you have a price??
Old    scubastevebps            06-30-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
Well, like the others I would also like to put down an order. Great Job on the speakers. I have been looking for someone to make them as professional looking as these turned out. Let me know... djscubasteve00@yahoo.com
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-30-2003, 1:11 PM Reply   
price is comming just waiting on last shipment of material. thank you all for your replies.
im working as fast as i can but sometimes your stuck waiting on someone els to come threw.
johnny
Old    xtremrider            07-07-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
how we doing?
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-07-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
I would also be interested, put me down bernsco@hotmail.com
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-07-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
OOOOOO so sorry, you guys missed the chance to sell me mass quantities. Found a guy who did them for me and shipped out already. Pics of the speakers are available on the boats and accesories forum to see the workmanship.
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-07-2003, 9:55 PM Reply   
ok everyone
$700 with out speakers,we still are trying to set something up with mb quart so we can offer them w/speakers, also we can do black, white powder coat and chrome dip. and ad custom air brushing of anything you want like boat logo or flames, and do any color to match tower boat or whatever.
the set in the pictures are not avaible yet we had some problems with the distrubutor and everything for that model is still on order. the ones we are making right now are two 7 inch cans that will fit a 6.5 inch speaker and also with a tweeter. sorry we took so long to get this price for you all but like i said before we are just wakeboarders like everyone els and we were not excpecting this much intrest. were not looking to get over on everyone and drain your pocket book, the cans are all had made by us we spend hours everynight after work to make a good quality tower speaker, were all down for the cause and want to see this sport progress, we hope that everyone is happy so if any of you are still intrested we will give you 50$ off your first pair to show our thanks for being so patient but only to everyone listed above this post.
if you like you can call me at
(707)479-9434
my name is johnny
if you have any feed back we would love to hear it
thank you all
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-07-2003, 10:25 PM Reply   
are you joking, the title was "realy cheap speakers"
Old    boatarded            07-07-2003, 10:40 PM Reply   
Boss B-60 cans with clamps can be had for $460.00 a pair.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
So much for all of the interested customers!
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2003, 2:04 AM Reply   
$700 is a bit much. I realize you say you aren't trying to make much money but the price you have quoted is more than the majority of tower speakers available on the market right now. Albeit it is around the same price as comparable tower speakers. The speakers look great but I don't think you are going to get too many buyers. Since the price is around the same as equally equipped BOSS Accessories or Defcons then you need to come up with a marketing strategy why your product is better than the other established manufacturers.

I'm just curious if $700 was around the price you were thinking all along or after you computed everything you realized the price of time and materials added up to a price that arguably isn't "really cheap"?

I do wish you luck in your business venture.

(Message edited by bigdad on July 08, 2003)
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
I feel bad if anyone waited on these....

The thread title should be changed.
Old     (jro)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-08-2003, 7:55 AM Reply   
The Boss canisters with 2 speakers and tweet in each are close to $1,200. So I don't think he is being unreasonable. Of course when you add speakers it will be pretty close. OK, Now that I think about it, I paid the same for a new wetbox loaded up, and that was a bro deal. Nevermind!
Old    jakeman            07-08-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
scam-er

let me guess "my friend"

you also own a church

I hope you r giving wakeworld.com a finders fee
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-08-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
C'mon fellas - This is not how we spread the luv for our fellow riders. I DO agree maybe the post wasn't perfectly titled, but the craftminship of his work looks pretty damn good.

Competition breeds innovation and will eventually lower prices for us all.

GOOD LUCK to ya JV - looks like a well built product.

-= peace =-
Aaron
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-08-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
ok
sounds like every one wasen't to happy
well i will get with my partner and come up with a better price and i will post it tonight. sorry if everyone was let down i dident want to do that. let me do better on the price so i can please you all
sorry
johnny
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-08-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
Johnny, most people have no idea how much work goes into making quality tower speaker canisters and mounts. Unfortunately you got everyone excited when you said "cheap" and they probably thought they would be able to pick up a good set of speakers for $300 or $400, which just isn't possible.
Old     (wakeon)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-09-2003, 4:22 PM Reply   
Nice job on the speakers!
They look great!
If you guys want $300 tower
speakers...here ya go!

Old    jakeman            07-09-2003, 5:19 PM Reply   
That is classic- Doug-

fell out of my chair "Jim Rome Style"
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-09-2003, 8:53 PM Reply   
So you all don't think you can get good quality tower speakers for cheap. Well I am here to tell you that you are wrong, and that you can't find them because you are probably not looking in the right place. I have these same cans, but I put a differant set of speakers in them. Have you ever thought of emailing the person who is selling them on ebay and asking for a price for just the cans? Even if you buy the complete set, tear out the stock speakers and put in your own, you are going be shelling out a lot less cash then buying retail or 700 dollar empty cans. I got a set of empty cans and now own a superior set of tower speakers for much much less then retail,and I got to put the speakers of my choice it the cans. My total cost was more then half what others are charging for tower speakers. Give it a try. You may be suprised how much money you can save doing a little research and emailing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3616914076&category=23 807
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2003, 7:43 PM Reply   
Andrew is right on.

The speakers on the eBay link above are by far the best value I've seen, and I've been looking at tower speakers for going on two years.

I emailed the seller BSKTZ5@aol.com <bsktz5@aol.com> for his direct pricing on two pair. It was unreal!

The only negative for me is the bracket is for tower tubes that run side to side. Since I have a Swoop that I fold down every night, I need to mount the speakers to the tubes that run front to back so the tower doesn't rest on the speaker grills.

I'm going with two pair of the Mako MBQ65. Not cheap, but not $1,000 either...
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-10-2003, 9:16 PM Reply   
B.T lowe, Email James at bsktz@aol.com and ask him to switch the way the mounts are on the cans. It is just a matter of drilling holes the other way. He did so much custom stuff for me on my cans it was beyond anything I had expected from a person I have never met face to face. He is VERY customer oriented and will do what he needs to do in order to make you happy. ASK HIM IF HE CAN DO THE MOUNTS FOR YOU BEFORE YOU SPEND THE MONEY ON THE MAKOS!!!!! Not only are his speakers prices honest, the quality is OUTSTANDING