Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-30-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8It7MqA#t=100s
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-30-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
Got a good buddy who is bad ass on a foil, they ride all year long. The wrecks in that cold dense water has to hurt
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
With a drysuit it would be fine but you would think your face would need more protection from the wind at 23 -/+ mph.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-30-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
sick to see some handle passes!
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-08-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
Ferney rides all year long....

37 degree water?? No big deal in a drysuit. I do it every spring in Minnesota. The air is much warmer though. I don't think I'd be out with the air temp was in the 20s!!
Old     (hossdog)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-22-2012, 8:48 AM Reply   
When you live up north and you want to be competitive you have to do what you have to do.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
So you'd have to flush with hot water & winterize immediately after going out? That or put the boat back in a heated garage. Just curious as to how that works.
Old     (hossdog)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-23-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
So you'd have to flush with hot water & winterize immediately after going out? That or put the boat back in a heated garage. Just curious as to how that works.
I'm pretty sure he just pulls it out and drains it. He was telling me that his Cal Air has a quick drain system with some type of pump on it that drains it very easily. I can't remember the details, but apparently it was either an option for a couple of years on that boat or a kit he added. He said you can't really find that set up anymore. Either way, you just drain it right as you come out of the water and make sure you have all the water out and that's it. Wipe it down and cover. It's really a piece of cake once you have a system down.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       12-03-2013, 7:48 PM Reply   
I know this thread is old but I can explain the Calabria air actuated winterization feature. My pro-v has an air manifold on top of the engine that a simple hand held bike pump attaches to. All the engine and manifold hoses are angled to gravity feed to a single pressure operated drain point. When you give it about 10 pumps the system pressurizes and forces all the water out of the single point drain. It only takes about 20 seconds to winterize the engine without pulling a single drain plug. It's awesome for winter riding.

Just for safety sake I pulled all the hoses off after I used the air pressure for the first time to pump it all out.......zero water remained.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-26-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
Got a picture of that air feature. I think mine has it too, just never really used it. Sure would be nice to use it though.