Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-16-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
Finally sold our boat, and now looking for a v-drive. Ran across these. We want to stay in the 21' range so we can store in garage. Our previous boat was an 07 Moomba Outback, so I don't know much about Tige boats other than a little I've read on here. I was hoping someone could compare these two for me. Main use would be boarding and surfing, but we are looking for a boat that handles chop better than our Outback did.

The 07 20V is 36k with 85 hrs.
The 08 Z1 is 44k with 31 hrs.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-16-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-16-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
The bow seating on both these boats is a little small, but the main cabin areas are spacious. Even with a 96" beam and 20 ft length, the 20V feels big. Both ride great and have a deep free-board. This gives the passengers a comfortable ride as the passenger is in a more natural seating position. Both have a great surf wake, and respond well to added ballast, but the edge goes to the Z1. The storage is abundant on both.
Old     (carter13)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-16-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
You may want to go to Tigeowners.com to get information about each of these boats.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-16-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter13 View Post
You may want to go to Tigeowners.com to get factual information about each of these boats from people who have done more then see one from a distance.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-16-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
Not sure your location, but that is high on the 08 Z1. There are new leftover boats with full warrenties going for less than that.

Between the two I would go for the Z1, its better looking, newer hull, and a better wake all around. The 20v has a tiny bow in my opinion.