Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-19-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
So summer is here which means school for me of course. It should be a pretty tight schedule between riding and hittin the books with most of my weekends already booked for events and any other free time going to riding up on Lake Martin here in Alabama but I've got a couple 3 day weekends with nothing going on and I was wondering if a 10 hour trek to Ohio would be worth it. I love rails/cable so I'd really enjoy a trip up there. I was wondering if anybody had any opinions about WakeNation. Like, dislikes, the people, rails, etc...give me some of your thoughts and they will be much appreciated!
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-19-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
FYI dawg... the 230 dude is up at WakeNation right now and we're all hanging out at PWT this weekend, so I'll get a rundown from his as well (he just hit me up this afternoon)... but I'm interested what everybody else has to say too!!! Tell us what to expect people!!! We love Tampa cable so how does it compare? Worth the extra 2-3 hours? Good rails? Smooth water?
Old     (gangster_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-19-2010, 3:21 PM Reply   
check it out... www.cincywake.com
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-19-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
we drive about 5 hours to go there....

its worth the drive, the place will get busy in the afternoon and you do get a lot of locals from 12 to 1 on there lunch breaks (that must suck)

a lot of range fro beginner to pro...its a great time...
Old     (ljbecker)      Join Date: May 2010       05-19-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
The parks great, all the rails are built super strong and smoothe. Just got a new, huge, iceberg thing that is unreal and has a million possibilities and a new kicker thats a true booter. Also putting in an uprail soon that will be favorite of the skaters. As far as the people, coolest bunch of guys and gals you'll ever meet. Super chill and helpful. I've rode OWC, Tampa, TSR and Wake Nation and Wake Nation ranks at the top or surpasses all of them. Truly amazing cable...
Old     (wakenation)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-19-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
Wake Nation is awesome, although I am a little biased. You can check out our 2010 obstacles and layout at the following link. It's definitely worth the trip!
http://wakenation.com/ourfacility.html
Old     (Ruchus)      Join Date: May 2010       05-19-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
The place is sick. Nice 70' transfer box, 80' A-frame with a sweet wall ride transfer, 65' flat bar which is about 3 feet high. A new kicker which is the best I have ever hit and I have been to all the parks in florida. A kinked rail which Is pretty narrow. A small fun box and an up rail is being made this week its about 40' long with a one foot ollie on. 6 smooth corners. All the people there are fun and like to help no matter how good you are. The complex is state of the art. there is a trampoline with a handle. Concessions and a sweet pro-shop. There are some cheap hotels pretty close to the park. The water is much smother than and florida park because its midwest with huge oak trees surrounding and its not costal. Hope you make it down. Im Anthony ask for me if you come up.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-19-2010, 9:20 PM Reply   
IMO Wakenation is the best USA park to date. they have it all, smooth water, top notch facility and lots of rails. you will have a great time. I drive 5 1/2 hours from Michigan for about 4 weekends last year.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-20-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
Yeah from the site the obstacles look rad... I'm down fasho.

How's the camping situation?... we'd prolly just post up at the park or close by... on the ground or in the car or something. Hotel fees aren't in our vocabulary hahaha
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-20-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
Drove down from Chicago with a group of 14 last Friday for the day (only about 4 1/2 hours). The place is awesome. Made 2 trips down last summer and already planning a 2nd and third trip for this summer. A lot of fun, GREAT people that work there. Highly reccommended. Not sure how it is on weekends cause we have always rode there Fridays and there were not many people there at all.
Old     (ljbecker)      Join Date: May 2010       05-20-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
Hahah Theres a few parks that allow camping abouut 15 mins out. Theres also A person with 5 acers across the street that lets people camp for cheap...
Old     (l_b)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-20-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
It's the only cable park I've been to but was well worth my 10+ hour round trip. The place is really nice and I like Anthony said they are adding to it. Its in a big a$$ city park so there is places to camp.
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-20-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
ha looks like it's going down then...
Old     (ljbecker)      Join Date: May 2010       05-21-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
Wake Nation is for sure a great place to go. No matter what you want to ride, wakeboard, skate, skiis ect.. there is something for every skill level. Whether you are trying to get up for your first time, or you are trying rails and flips, Wake Nation is the place. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Good place to ride for sure.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-21-2010, 10:39 AM Reply   
I live two hours away and get up there every chance I get. The sliders are really solid, sturdy and fun and the cable is soooo smooth. I have rode at owc twice and a few cables in Germany and wakenation is my favorite by far.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-21-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
Mason where you from? Indiana here but 2 hours from there as well.