Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-15-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Cool that WSR and DWC were both mentioned today on our local business site. Now if these two would open up soon cause we're ready to ride!

http://dallas.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2010/01/18/story4.html?b=1263790800^2730671
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
I agree, they cant open soon enough... When they do, Ill be to busy to go ride them for a while :-(
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-16-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
We are getting ready to start testing the Cable System next week, looks like Wednesday will be the day the first rider takes a full lap around WakeSport Ranch, Talking about getting PUMPED, never have I been this excited in my lifetime.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-16-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Nice, the countdown is on.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-16-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
Sweet! I know us operators down here at mccormicks are making a trip that way this spring!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-21-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Update:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WakeSport Ranch Newsletter
January 20, 2010

The Six Tower Rixen Cable System is in Action!
After finally getting the permanent power hooked up, the Rixen system was switched on, some adjustments made, and the first laps were ridden at WakeSport Ranch. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon, the weather was fantastic - sunshine and over 70 degrees. It was hard to believe the lake had been frozen with two inches of ice just the week before. A small crowd mysteriously appeared as Dustin Shows, the first rider got out his wet suit and equipment and prepared to be the first rider on the cable. The system was switched on, the motor began to hum ever so quietly, the cable began to move, and the rider was pulled onto the lake. After 14 months and two days, this was quite a milestone to see and experience. Two other riders then made laps around the lake.

The plans are to continue filling the lake - currently fed by two wells that are running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Any reasonable rain storm will raise the lake a foot or two at a time.

When the lake was being dug, it seemed quite large. Now that it is filling with water, it looks even bigger. The color an clarity of the water is a sight to behold. Once the lake is deep enough to ride safely, we will announce a Saturday or Sunday where riders can come out and ride for the afternoon - just to fully test the system. I expect this to be sometime in February, so bring your wetsuit.

I wish to thank everyone who has had a hand in getting this monster six tower cable lake operational.

I will keep you posted as to any further developments.

Best regards,

Jack V. Farr
President
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-21-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
More pics

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-21-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
A few more

When the water level gets higher, we will start to put the obstacles in the lake.

We are really stoked, more to come soon.

Upload
Upload
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-21-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
Jeff, that is awesome! Good timing too, my friends and I bought our tickets last night. We shall see you in May. Thanks for keeping us all in the know.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-21-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
looking great Jeff! I'm amazed that the lake isn't full because it looks HUGE already. Nice work and keep us posted on the obstacles.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-21-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
We are looking forward to having you and your friends out to the park Stephan.

Thank you for your support!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-21-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Yeah Eubanks it keeps getting bigger and bigger as the lake fills, but the lake is only about half full if that, so just picture in your mind, how big it is going to be when fully filled.