Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-05-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
Just got these new boards added to our Board Guide at http://www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide/getboard5.asp?ProductID=2418 for the 138 and http://www.wakeworld.com/BoardGuide/getboard5.asp?ProductID=2419 for the 142.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
SICK! I gots to try one.....
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-05-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
3.1" and 3.2" rockers??? How slow is that board??? I'm not talkin' smack...I'm really curious.
Old    norcal_99            05-05-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
I didn't realize rocker affected speed.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-05-2004, 6:32 PM Reply   
Drag, Rene.

Big rockers usually lead to more explosive pop. But companies don't go that route because it also leads to slowing the board down dramatically.
Old    norcal_99            05-05-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
I learned something new today.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2004, 11:00 PM Reply   
Interesting, the pop sounds like that of the BS McKee.
As said with all that rocker can't imagine it being that fast. But then again some channels and what not could speed it up.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2004, 1:34 AM Reply   
interesting that the emphasis in the description seems to be on the predictability of the pop. be pretty cool if a board with that much rocker could be that predictable.

dave, you might want to fix this sentence:

"What has transcended from our efforts is a board that performs phenomenal(ly)."

unless the board does a song and dance routine i haven't heard of...
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-06-2004, 6:31 AM Reply   
AHH SICK BOARD! THANKS DAVE FOR THE POST
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-12-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
It's actually pretty fast on the water. The fins & channel between the fins give it a lot of drive. For as much rocker as it has it had a pretty smooth pop, it popped good but nothing overly dramatic. I was amazed at how grippy it was even with the .33" fins, loose flat but on edge it's a machine!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
Predictable pop isn't a result of a board design...it's the result of having good fundamentals.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-12-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
Joe, think some may disagree, obviously you need to be able to approach and pop right but compare riding the parks to riding the old belmont.

I'd say board design can have a huge affect on predictability
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
I think you're confusing "different" with "predictable." Sure, the pop for a Parks board is more overwhelming than that of an old Belmont. But, once you figure out how different it is, if your fundamentals are on, then the pop will be predictable.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-12-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
i think it's a matter of degree. perhaps not even so much fundamentals as familiarity. i agree with joe in the sense that in principle, you couldn't really manufacture a board that no one could ever master because it isn't going to respond in a predictable manner.

however, you can make a board that requires more planets to align to be predictable and that requires much more time to learn it's intricacies. if you're a pro riding in perfect conditions most of the time you may be able to control the board, but perhaps others riding in vastly variable conditions would have a much harder time dialing it in.

i think in general 3-stage boards have less tolerance for hitting the wake "wrong," and therefore can be thought of by some as unpredictable. but really the unpredictability is a factor of both the rider's ability as joe mentioned, and the conditions.
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       05-12-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
I live in Panama City and I'm guessing Andrew Adkinson is from around here too because alot of my friends seem to know him. They say he is pretty sick. I think its pretty tite how people where I'm from are going out and becoming pros and having there own board. Maybe one day I will too. Haha I wish.