Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 9:25 PM Reply   
LoL! I wish I was paid to have such an easy job. Get real.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2013, 9:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoss View Post
wow, reading some of these posts above, almost seems like you guys are payed to bash on tige..... oh wait, some of you are....

The new boat looks amazing, nice job Tige! If its not insanely priced, I might actually consider buying one. The surf/wake locker in the back is an amazing feature.

Here is a pic of the back, it does remind me of a G23 a little bit, but that is a good thing!

I personally can't imagine this being less than an MXZ24 or SA... 100-105+... I would guess
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2013, 9:30 PM Reply   
It's got a ton of great features.3000 LBS of stock ballast. I wonder what it will cost?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2013, 9:35 PM Reply   
Still no pics of the wake from the boat... pure speculation that because of how it looks it'll be the greatest thing since the advent of the tower... Not hating, just saying. The boat is here, now lets see some more video and photos that were cut out during the teasers
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2013, 9:38 PM Reply   
Delta Force, they had a ton of video during the unveiling live stream.

The boat looks really cool. I'm excited to ride behind one and drive one
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 9:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
wow, reading some of these posts above, almost seems like you guys are payed to bash on tige..... oh wait, some of you are....

The new boat looks amazing, nice job Tige! If its not insanely priced, I might actually consider buying one. The surf/wake locker in the back is an amazing feature.

Here is a pic of the back, it does remind me of a G23 a little bit, but that is a good thing!

um looks like a g23 a little bit....or a lot bit, almost identical bit? They said they digitally scanned a boat they had and started tweaking it, looks like they might have had a g23 on hand at the time of scan!
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-02-2013, 9:58 PM Reply   
Tige ASR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Q7t...e_gdata_player
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-03-2013, 4:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
All you have to do is change the name to Nautique and you will know how I felt when I bought my Air nautique , couldnt get rid of it fast enough, just one problem after another and no close dealer.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-03-2013, 4:42 AM Reply   
Definitely a G23 clone. With that being said id buy one prices right, but it will be higher than Giraffe p..... Just like the others.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-03-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
Delta Force, they had a ton of video during the unveiling live stream.

The boat looks really cool. I'm excited to ride behind one and drive one
I didn't see much of straight back from the boat... Riders riding next to the wake to gauge its size...
Old     (Tommy1005)      Join Date: May 2013       10-03-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
If it's priced in the $110K range with the 450 motor I'd be interested, that's about $15K less than a G23 with the 450. The only thing that might still swing me to the G23 at that point would be the NSS. I think for me it's now a 4 boat race to see what I buy, G23, 230, X30, or the new Tige.
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-03-2013, 12:58 PM Reply   
Tommy, if you buy a boat this heavy get the 550hp. I have a G23, and I would not nearly enjoy it as much without the larger engine. Gas consumption is roughly the same from what I have heard, but when the boat is full of ballast, and you have a dozen of people on board (it is amazing how many more people you "know" who like the lake when you have a larger boat), getting up on plane is a real bear with the 450. The NSS is amazing, btw. And the wakeboard wake is as well. Almost every person who has ridden behind it has loved it, and those that didn't seemed to enjoy it, but liked other shaped wakes a bit more. (I am not putting down any model, manufacturer, etc., just my 0.02$.)
Old     (loudelectronics)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-03-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:

Did not see this pic.

Cool to see how they moved the delta pads to the side of hull. Also shows how big this boat is. That swim platform looks to be the same size or rather the same platform as teh Z3 which is good size. The boat just dwarfs it.

Nice to see the dual exhaust back rather then the single whiny PCM exhaust.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-03-2013, 6:29 PM Reply   
Do they come with a 1.25" prop shaft?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-03-2013, 6:39 PM Reply   
That is actually a really interesting question. I too would be curious about shaft size?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
That is actually a really interesting question. I too would be curious about shaft size?
Nobody has answered yet... tick tock... I am very curious, as this is a very similar design, weight, engines, (reduction transmissions??) that if the Nautique had:

1. a bad run of shafts
2. design considerations - prop shaft angle, transmission, prop etc issues?
3. if it really was too heavy/too much torque (I don't think this one but I could be wrong)

Anyway, if it was any one of these, that issue could plague the tige as it isn't likely PS angle is that different, engines same, not many shaft suppliers...?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-05-2013, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
True about the Axis. I have heard that wake is comparable to a G23. The only reason I say that is, I heard before the release of the new Tige that some other brands had bought G23's to find out how it was made, hull shape, etc.. But hey I could be wrong, I have been before.
James you were right! You were right about the G's snapping drive shafts too. These Tige tools may doubt you but brother I'm a believer. Your sources are legit!
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-06-2013, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
James you were right! You were right about the G's snapping drive shafts too. These Tige tools may doubt you but brother I'm a believer. Your sources are legit!
I still agree with James , Nautique purchased a Tige a few years back and tottally tore it apart for demensions to study the hull design, I know because I had to correct several Items on that boat which they hadnt put back together correctly when they sold it to a guy in Jacksonville, also they had that boat at there dealers meeting to get feedback from their dealers, they also came to my dealership to photograph our other models, so check out the demensions on the G23 hull , convex v with a trim plate, also of interest is the fact that in prior years Nautique said a trim plate was a crutch for a bad hull design , they have a crutch now!
Old     (robholihan)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-06-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
Are you serious man? First of all, lets look at when the boats came out first. G23 over a year ago and Tige is finally playing catch up (with their version of a G23). The dimensions are exactly the same as the G as well. Its not a trim plate, its an actual piece of the hull that moves via hydraulic plate system. And by the way *their
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-06-2013, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by robholihan View Post
Are you serious man? First of all, lets look at when the boats came out first. G23 over a year ago and Tige is finally playing catch up (with their version of a G23). The dimensions are exactly the same as the G as well. Its not a trim plate, its an actual piece of the hull that moves via hydraulic plate system. And by the way *their
Piece of the hull? I don't know man, looks like an aluminum trim plate to me

Nautique marketed no trim tabs necessary, Tige marketed no ballast necessary and now look 10 years later at what each company has done
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-06-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
I have looked at the G23 a lot. I am 100% sure there is a METAL trim plate at the back bottom of the hull. Last I checked the hull is made of fiberglass. It is certainly a trim plate made of metal and not a piece of the hull made from fiberglass. Just like on a Tige and many other manufacturers boats.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-06-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
btw Rob, I think Dom was being facetious... just a guess though
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-06-2013, 10:31 AM Reply   
x2, I think he is just stirring and stirring, looks like he got you to come to the top....

Whether they splashed it or just studied it, the boat looks to be incredibly similar to the G, nobody is arguing that. What is done, is done. All that matters now is the wake and the price.

And by the way... *It's and it's
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-06-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
x2, I think he is just stirring and stirring, looks like he got you to come to the top....

Whether they splashed it or just studied it, the boat looks to be incredibly similar to the G, nobody is arguing that. What is done, is done. All that matters now is the wake and the price.

And by the way... *It's and it's
This is all good fun! HYDROGATE FTW

but for real if you look at the line of the G hull it follows an upward curve to trim plate... Aka tiges convex V/taps system. Again if you're whining about this boat and boat companies trying to one up one another you should be slapped. Now we need an axis G23 (cough cough t22) to shake things up.
Fast forward, this boat almost looks like an " oh yea? You copy our techl? Look what we can do!"

I hadn't heard tige had a G, although I know MC is reverse engineering one....
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-06-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
I was making a joke about James post about Tige buying a boat , but as for the part about Nautique buying a Tige that was the truth , like I said I personally worked on and knew everything about the deal, they sold the boat after they were done with no warranty and thats why I was involved in getting the boat back to operational.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-06-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
^^^T22 is going to be a traditional bow if it gets made and will be nothing like the G. Sorry
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-06-2013, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
^^^T22 is going to be a traditional bow if it gets made and will be nothing like the G. Sorry
I heard snub nose...

Unless the horses mouth itself was spewing BS.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-07-2013, 4:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I heard snub nose...

Unless the horses mouth itself was spewing BS.
Hey, I'm with ya. I could be wrong too. I hope I am actually. That would make more sense and look better too.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-07-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
Dom is my dealer who works on my mastercraft. I remember him telling me about the nautique purchase of the Tige. Also dealing with the poor guy that got a boat not put back together properly. Tige stepped up to the plate and took care of the guy with the help of Dom. I dont own a Tige but not sure there is anyone in the state of florida that knows more about wake boats mechanically than Dom and the guys that work for him as well as KKO. I have seen every brand of boat at their facility new and old so he is the last guy I would calling out about knowledge on build and mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fic View Post
I was making a joke about James post about Tige buying a boat , but as for the part about Nautique buying a Tige that was the truth , like I said I personally worked on and knew everything about the deal, they sold the boat after they were done with no warranty and thats why I was involved in getting the boat back to operational.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-07-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Here's what kinda disappointed me; I spent all weekend up at the Mywake live finals event. The INT National Championships are next weekend and only a 4 or 5 hours drive from this mywake location. I asked around to every Tige rep I could find, if they were going to take the ASR down to that event (which Tige is a national sponsor of) and not one person knew or even acted like they were remotely interested.
If they aren't interested in going to grass roots events and building a following from the younger players, the future of this sport in my opinion, then they will never be a player against the big 3.
Do you think Nautique needs to go to INT to promote their brand? But they are there anyway, supporting the young riders and most importantly becoming an influence on them.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-07-2013, 12:17 PM Reply   
I know here in Minnesota if the INT stuff is sponsored with a boat its by the dealers and not the manufacturers.
Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       10-07-2013, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
I know here in Minnesota if the INT stuff is sponsored with a boat its by the dealers and not the manufacturers.
Exactly! Same here in Georgia...and Tige is definitely dedicated to grassroots and building the sport. That boat has been in Reno for a week and I'm sure they needed it back in TX. Not to mention the INT event was a week away and a 5 hour pull from Reno would be what from Abilene?

In no way was Tige snubbing a local event. They likely didn't know about it #1 and #2 with the release of the new boat they have a lot to do and a lot going on and it just wasn't feasible. People should not make a generalized assumption that Tige doesn't care about grassroots just because they didn't know of or have plans to come to someone's local event that just doesn't make any sense. C'mon man!

I was at the Tige release as well and this is an amazing boat. Tige did a FANTASTIC job with the build and it's release. Congrats to the team at Tige! It's well deserved...

Last edited by 4Nash; 10-07-2013 at 3:22 PM.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-07-2013, 4:14 PM Reply   
As Sheldon stated above, it's not a local event, it's the National Championships, and Tige is apparently a national sponsor. It would have been a great place to show off the new boat as well but I suspect they couldn't commit to it because they barely got the boat ready for the MyWake event.