Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    malibu73            08-06-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
This might be a dumb question but, whats the difference between a USCG vest and a comp one? Im assuming that USCG keeps you afloat better? is that all?
Old     (ride_cwb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-06-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
ha i got the new a-10 attack vest for my b-day yeah if you cant swim you sink its funny watching the chicks on the boat try to master it. i find just stand in the water the board right under you and ur fine theyre more comftorable and give you a different attitude and you look way sweeter on the water. of course they cost around 125 sha
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-06-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
I had that same question. I was told by a dealer that "it doesnt hold you up as well as the approved vest, and in the state of NC you can get a ticket for using one that is not approved".

I will be using the USCG approved one that will hold me up in case i get myself knocked out after one on my many falls. But its all up to you in my book.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
looking way sweeter is what matters once you knock yourself out trying that big invert or 5...
Old    malibu73            08-06-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
you can still look cool under water right?
Old    hyperlite_m            08-06-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
yeah i have an a-10 attack and i love it u don't sink that bad but u don't float that well.... i've been lucky when i have fallen hard and gotten hurt i was wearing a hyperlite USCG vest...
Old    j8711            08-06-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
I have an a-10 but don't use it anymore for fear of getting knocked out or hurt badly. It's enough of a struggle to keep your head above water with it on, let alone if you get injured. USCGA vest is the way I go now ever since my injury. To each his own, but I'd rather not have to struggle to keep from drowning if I get hurt again. If you want to buy an a-10, I'll sell you mine...
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-06-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
One you die.....one you live.....

Let the air out of your lungs then see if you float well.

If you had to ask this question...noncga probably isn't for you.
Old    i_ride_that            08-06-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
Overheard: If our vests were rappers they'd be tupac and yours would be will smith. In reference to the outlaw vs. uscga
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2006, 5:09 AM Reply   
I'm kind of irritated: Does that mean take a CGA because Tupac is dead or take a NonCGA because Smith sucks.
Not a good comparison anyway. There are very good CGA vests and less good NonCGA and the other way around.
If You've ever been unconscious in the water or looking for a friend that was, You will take a vest that floats.
Tupac rules. Surely would even more if not dead.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-07-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
I have both an A-10 (comp vest) and an O'Neill Law (CGA). I typically wear the A-10 with my dry suit in the winter and the Law in the summer. The Law is very comfortable for a CGA. It's just not worth the risk to me to ride with the A-10 unless I have the extra flotation of the dry suit.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-07-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
hey wakemark i think "the roam board" means...tupac=outlaw and will smith=safty (he doesnt cuss in his songs) its a great comparison if u look at it that way...tupac will live 4 ever in my ears!!!

FBA all day!!

(Message edited by deltawakerider on August 07, 2006)