Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-14-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Hey guys. I just got my Cover Sports cover from Brent Fleming at Cover Sports for my 1996 Super Sport

Like others have said Brent is definitely interesting to deal with but that I would be happy with the final product.

I wanted a cover that I could trailer long distances with up to the cottage as well as not attach straps to my trailer!

I have never had or seen a cover with this kind of quality, fit and looks.

So stoked on it.

Here are a bunch of photos

Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-14-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
It Looks really good and similar to the evolution covers. Are the transom straps the only thing that tighten the cover to the boat or is there some sort of hidden pull strap that you pull to tighten to the boat?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-14-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
That boat looks new! Is it really a 96? Nice cover too.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-14-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
moon, yes. You can see rope/strap that goes around the entire cover. The ratchet or locking piece is wrapped up in the thing that is parallel to the rub rail real close to the platform.

This cover looks very nice and very similar to Rankin(not sure they are in business anymore) Evolution and Bakes. So much better then any sharksking or other covers that use straps and poles to hold them up. These don't need straps to the trailer, poles and can easily put on by one person on the trailer or in the water. Most have cotton or wool covered hooks that help hold the cover down under the rub rail. Personally I am not a huge fan of towing with a cover regardless of how good it is but if I was going to do it this would be the type of cover. I would still wrap the gelcoat above and maybe a little below the rub rail with sran wrap to keep an chaffe from happening on long drives.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-14-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
Looks awesome! Love that trailer with the boat too. All in all a nice package!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-14-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
And that TV rules too!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-14-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
Wow thats a good looking boat for a 96. I would have never guessed....
Old     (dooski)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-14-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
Cover looks great. Does Cover Sports have a website, google came up empty?
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-14-2012, 5:36 PM Reply   
Hey guys!

Thanks alot. I am super stoked on my new (not new at all ha ha) boat this year!

Here is there website info to those who asked. There website has been down for awhile

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/co...7-Cover-Sports
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-15-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
can you trailer with that cover on at HW speeds (have you tried it yet)? Love the no straps look!

what about water pooling with no middle pole?

Last edited by pprior; 04-15-2012 at 3:20 PM. Reason: clarify ques
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-15-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post
can you trailer with that cover on at HW speeds (have you tried it yet)? Love the no straps look!

what about water pooling with no middle pole?
I was towing the other day at 65mph and there was no flapping at all. It is snug

I am not sure about the water pooling up because I have only had it for a couple weekend. I think it that is is an issue I could toss a couple life vests right where the pole should be and its tight enough i do not think I will have an issue