Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2005, 6:12 PM Reply   
i have tthe boss b-50 and the b-70's on my tower pushed by a rockford fosgate amp. and there is an engine noise in them when the boat is on, i added a ground loop isolator and its still there, what could be my problem?
Old                08-18-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
Make sure that your rca cables that go to your amp do not cross over your power wire thats running to your amp or any other power wire you will get alot of noise if these two are next to eachother
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-18-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
run a ground and power from the batt to your head unit. Factory grounds and power are all tied in with the gauges and other dash acc. Should help, and also make sure you have solid grounds to the amps.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-21-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
ive tryed all of that and i still get the noise, could it be from a bad alternator?
Old                08-25-2005, 5:57 AM Reply   
I had the same problem and the only way I could fix it was to ground my head unit and both amps directly to the same battery.
Old                08-29-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
This is an electrical back feed from not having a proper ground. Most common fixes are listed above. Such as running all audio caring wire (RCA and Speaker wires) ran in a separate location. Make sure that you are using the same gauge ground wire or bigger for your ground wire then your power wire. Also use RCA wire that has a ground apart of it and float (terminate) that ground at the amp only. (Most amps now days have a specific screw for that.)
More in likely this issue was cause by the addition of amp but it could possibly be originating from your deck. I would run you deck ground back to the same point as your amp ground and possibly getting a second battery for your stereo with a batter isolator.
If the noise continues I would look into to the fact it could be a bad amp.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-07-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
i finally got around to fix the problem, it was the deck, and i also added a ground loop isolator, thanks for all the help

rodney