Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (utmba95)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
I'm all about giving credit where it's due, and after all my bashing hyperlite for taking 3 months to fix my broken Belmont bindings they worked things out to my satisfaction.
I really hope their quality in 2004 is better than it was in 2002-2003.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/77719.html?1063226575
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2003, 2:09 PM Reply   
I'll continue your bashing thread soon if they don't cough up some Parks overlays for me. My dealer said Hyperlite is backordered 300+ pairs of Parks overlays.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-18-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
My 2002 Belmonts ripped after only one lousy season. I took them to my dealer for repair, but because I was being shmoozed into buying a new boat, he replaced my ripped 2002 Belmonts with brand new 2003 Belmonts. The 2003s are reinforced near the top lacing right where the 2002s ripped. But I'm noticing that some of the screws on the 2003s are already beginning to rust. With the price of new bindings being what it is, wouldn't you expect a quality well-made product that should last more than one season? Or should we expect an avarice driven intentioanlly pooly designed inferior product that requires frequent repurchasing?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-18-2003, 8:39 PM Reply   
You know some of you guys really complain about how long bindings take to repair and the wait and blah, blah, blah. Just buy news ones, If you are really a die hard rider you would not wait around. I mean yes they may costs some money, but is it worth buying a new pair? I definitely think so. Is it worth staying off the lake cause you don't have bindings?
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2003, 10:22 PM Reply   
I just received new overlays for my 2001 high backs for free from Hyperlite (Canada). MY trust in them or at least the guy who hooked me up has grown... took a good emailing, but it left me a hpapy guy
Old    orgborn            09-18-2003, 11:23 PM Reply   
ive ripped my overlays so many times and they keep giving me new ones which is great but if there so willing to give people new ones when they break they must be really cheap in the begining why dont they make high quality ones that dont rip. Instead of charging a for the bindings in the first place and then replacing the overlays you know damn well the pros are ripping bindings by the dozen every month.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-19-2003, 6:47 AM Reply   
I didn't say I was staying off the water. But when you pay that much $ for bindings and they don't even last one season, I have problems with forking out more money for another pair. It's not about being a diehard.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
Not all of us have money trees. Especially for Parks and Belmont bingings. Buying pair after pair is not an option for most of us. I'm going ot re-enforce my bindings with some old life jacket straps. I'll post pics when I'm done and let you know how it turns out. They always rip in the same spot. I think Hyperlite would get the clue by now.
Old    veganx            09-20-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
If you're breaking 2003s I hardly think Hyperlite is to blame. I just figured our warranty rate for '03 Hyperlite bindings to be 1.3%. That's hardly the sign of poor products!

Alex, stainless steel doesn't rust. Someone must have switched your screws on you.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-21-2003, 4:22 PM Reply   
Damn my wraps I got are too small for my large high backs. Seems like they would fit a small high back ... so now it starts over, tryign to get the right size, geeeze... the dude even asked what size I needed...
Old    tfdhyprider            09-21-2003, 6:47 PM Reply   
yeah there back-ordering a whole lot. my 02 belmont bindings were and then they went ahead and gave me the 03's there holding up better but i didnt have a pair of bindings for over a month. it was no fun at all i had to use my old hyperlite splits which now im very thankful i got some bindings that are actaully confortable
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-22-2003, 7:38 PM Reply   
Bird: Maybe the screws are not stainless steel, which is exactly the point. But I think even stainless will eventually rust in the right conditions. Perhaps they are beginning to corrode. Perhaps I'll take a picture with a digital cam and post it here.
Old    upupnaway            09-23-2003, 8:25 AM Reply   
If you gouge the finish while screwing them in, stainless steel can rust.
Old    veganx            09-23-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
Mike, that is true of galvanized steel, not stainless.

Alex, please do post pictures if you can. You've got me curious. I've dealt with literally thousands of bindings over the years and have never seen factory screws rust. I've seen screws that have been replaced rust, but not once have I seen a stock screw rust.