Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-21-2007, 12:28 PM Reply   
As I await my my Supra to begin being built next week, I started to think about what accessories I will need to go with the new boat. What did you forget about or need when purchasing your boat?
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-21-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
Bun a must!
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-21-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Rob nailed it. Thats all you need....
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-21-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
When I bought my first couple of boats I used to cram everything imaginable into them, bumpers, ropes, more ropes, floats, floating cooler, pumps, etc. Now I launch with just the basics:

Life vests for everyone on board
Anchor
Tool kit
two ropes

That's about it other than the gear I will be riding that day. It's been a long time since I tied my boat up at a dock, so I don't usually carry the bumpers or dock ropes.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-21-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Be sure you have your throwable and a charged fire extinguisher. Also some swim goggles and a sharp knife with about 6 feet of clear hose.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-21-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
Right On Rob!
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-21-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
whats the clear hose for..beer bong?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-21-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
It is so you can breathe while you are under water cutting the rope from your prop
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-21-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
judging by the goggles and sharp knife I assume the clear hose is for drinking of beer while under the boat cutting a rope loose.
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-21-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
or breathing like caesar typed before I could
Old     (wakecrazy21v)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-21-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Along with the bun a shower?
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-21-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
CAR, The hose will not work once you get a couple feet under water. The pressure on your chest will be too great. That is why SCUBA deliver air under pressure. Next time you are out in the water, give it a try. My SCUBA instructor had us do that the first time we got into the pool.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-21-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
bumpers, rope, rope, and a little more rope
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-21-2007, 11:05 PM Reply   
Wetsounds 3some
Batteries
Amp
New Headunit
Drive+Play
Leds
New anchor rope (friend did me a favor and moved the boat at party cove last year)
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-21-2007, 11:19 PM Reply   
6 feet of clear hose is a bad bad bad idea for breathing under water. When you exhale, you fill the hose with carbon dioxide, breath in, you are inhaling that expelled carbon dioxide, exhale, you just fill that tube back up with more saturated carbon dioxide and so on until you pass out and drown Learned that in scuba class many years ago. A snorkel about 16 inches is about the largest you want to go
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-22-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Andy and Keith. What if you exhaled into the water rather than back into the hose? Also, I wouldn't think the prop would be much more than a couple of feet under anyways.
As far as the goggles go, they wouldn't do you much good on the lakes I go to.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-22-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
Good question Kenneth. If you remember to exhale out of your nose and inhale from the hose wouldn't it work in a situation where you don't have a SpareAir or SCUBA gear?
Old     (jmunday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-22-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
just crank the damn boat and let the prop do the cutting!!
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-22-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
WORD! josh
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-22-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
evil - most masks cover your nose
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-22-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
if you exhale into the water, you are fine because the air in the hose is going to be oxygen.
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-22-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Holy crap, CAR. Just slip on the goggles, hold your breath and go to work. Suggestion #2 - give up the no filter Camels.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
One day while wiping the boat down my frickin phone popped off the clip and fell into the water under the boat slip...I was there alone and I wanted that phone back (dummy) there were alot of numbers in that damn thing!, so I grabbed a hose that was lying there and blew it out and jumped in under the lift in 5 feet of water or so the bottom was just silty mud and got stirred up way too bad and when I tried to breathe through that hose it was not easy and finally I gave up on the whole idea since I almost drowned and nobody would have even known I was down there...and it began to remind me of the time I had to try and save a guy who had gone under and I was looking on the bottom of the lake for him and couldn't find him...he was down 15 minutes or so already...and so I realized my phone had drowned and could not be saved, I never did find that phone, I wont be trying to breathe through any hoses, and the sherriffs dive team found the guy right where I was diving, but I never saw him or felt him in the murky water.
just hold your breath. its too risky.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-22-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
I'm gonna build a clear hose with a valve on the end, open the valve, sip in the O2, then exhale under water. It'll be my summer experiment...
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-22-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
Just send your wife under the boat to cut the rope. Really, I have, and still hear about it. If only it wasn't a jet boat that time, I don't think I will get her under the boat with the next rope.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-22-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
Your lungs can pull about 18" of water vacuum. They are just designed to exhale. That means you can only have the your body that far down. It's better if you area 12" or less. (ie. floating on the surface with a regular snorkel).

My own plan is to not drive over the rope.

But, that 6' tube connected to a pressurized keg would let you drink beer several feet under water. Not that that seems useful but I'm sure it's something that needs to be planned for.

Oh, and LKA, I agree with supra for me's answer
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-23-2007, 4:55 AM Reply   
wtf? why are you driving over your 100$+ ropes? too much weed and booze? i like drinking as much as the next guy but in 10 years of wakeboarding. i have never run over my own rope. here i would be more worried about a crabtrap line.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-23-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
Holy Crap!! this seems like a lot of discussion over something that might... happen. Hold your breath or learn to drive without hitting the rope.
ANDYMAC you would have bloated up in a couple of days and then they would know where you were at.
Or if you were drowning you could have grabbed the phone off the bottom and dialed 911.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-26-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Its not like people plan to drive over the rope. Hell I was driving and asked my brother to get the rope. He says back to me, "the rope is fine just go." So I go and it gets caught in the prop.

:duh:

Learned a lesson that day, don't listent to my idiot brother.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-26-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Its not like people plan to drive over the rope. Hell I was driving and asked my brother to get the rope. He says back to me, "the rope is fine just go." So I go and it gets caught in the prop.

:duh:

Learned a lesson that day, don't listen to my idiot brother.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-26-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
I'll write that down...