Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (hfpesko)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-28-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
I am soon to be getting a new sound system for my boat (Wet Sounds Pro 483, two Pro 80s and 2 of their new 12 inch subs) and i was wondering what kind of amps to buy??? I want to have the best sound system I can buy. I really dont have any budget to stick to... so what are the best amps to get the job done??? Thanks yall.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-28-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
Hayden,

If budget is not a concern. Check out Arc Audio www.arcaudio.com and Zapco www.zapco.com. We have had a lot of people use these amps with our speakers and they are some of the best. I have Arc amps and they are great. A good friend of mine has Zapco in his boat and it rocks. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Thanks,

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old    ausbill32            03-28-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
I got the 3-some wetsounds setup recently installed with a 15 inch ARC audio sub and I went with 3 Arc Audio amps. It's frigg'n awesome. It's insanely loud. I can't even turn it up as loud as it will go without blasting out my ear drums unless, I'm about 50 feet behind the boat. Ear plugs will be needed for those in the boat I think... lol
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-28-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
I got Pro 80's and MMats Amps...Upload
Upload
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-28-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Went with MMats due to being smaller but still good power and SQ. I would have went with Arc Audio otherwise.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-28-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
does anyone know anything about Polk speakers?
or the audioFormz enclosures?
http://www.audioformz.com/wakeboard.asp
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-29-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
Audioformz and polk is a decent setup you just won't hear that style of speaker at 80' out. Just comes down to what you want the tower speakers to do...do you want sound to the rider 60-80' out or sound more around the boat. For now, the HLCD route seems to be the better way to get sound to project 60+ feet.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2007, 5:11 AM Reply   
thanks Ewing
that's something to consider
for now the family isn't into the music...it's more for me
they always want me to turn it down..ha!
but when they get older, they may want to rock (hopefully rock..ha) while they board
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-29-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
I have a pair of Pro 80's and they are being pushed with a JL 300/2 and they sound great. I was originaly planning on putting a 485 on the tower also but I cound not get it to work with the Titan tower.
Old     (hfpesko)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-29-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
Allen...I have a 05 Malibu V-Ride with the Titan III tower on it, you could not get a 485 to fit your tower? What was the problem with the tower?
Old     (hfpesko)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-29-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Bill the picture on your profile, was it taken at Bethy Creek/Trinity River???
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-29-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
When I purchased the speakers last year I could not get the 80's and a 485 to fit due to the bend in the tower. I believe that Wetsounds has since chnaged the mounting brackets to have them swivel enough so that it will fit know. I have not looked into it in the past year.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-29-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
When I purchased the speakers last year I could not get the 80's and a 485 to fit due to the bend in the tower. I believe that Wetsounds has since chnaged the mounting brackets to have them swivel enough so that it will fit know. I have not looked into it in the past year.
Old    ausbill32            03-29-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
I live in Austin the Texas. The picture in my profile is at the Loop 360 boat ramp on Lake Austin.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-29-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
Hey Tim,
I just put the Pro 80's on my new Xstar with the new MC mounts. They look great. I am going to have them Gelcoated Metelflake Red to match my new boat. I'll send you pics when it is complete. By the way, I am powering them with a soundstream amp (960.4). they sound very nice.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-29-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
Mike, That is awesome. Please send me some pics!! With them white and then painted. metalflake will look too cool, glad you decided to paint them!

Tim
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-29-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
Funny I was just thinking about having mine either painted yellow or there is a guy that does "fire."

Mike are you using the tarantula soundstream amp?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-29-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
How does the MMATS amp sound? DO you have it hooked up to your tower or subs? I was looking at there 2700rms model that is .05 ohm stable to run two 12s
any thoughts.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-30-2007, 4:16 AM Reply   
Yes the soundstream tarantula series.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-30-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
I don't know how they sound, but Tim recommended them along with Zapco or Arc. Two main reasons I went with MMats size and going out of business sale, unfortunately missed out on a matching sub amp but found a lightly used one. I have the SQ4150 hooked up to my tower speakers and the 1400.2 hooked up to my subs. They say as you drop down in ohms the amp draws more current and I don't have a big enough boat to fill with batteries everywhere. My plan is to run everything at the recommended ohms to have a system that is loud, but efficient. I am going to try and run everything off 2 batteries and one 140 amp alt. I figure that should be a good enough setup to hear at 80' or so. Once the water temp gets above 55 I will let you know how everything works.