Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-13-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
I am curious as to what my surf wave would look like if I could retract my wake plate up past level. I included a couple of pictures of the two extremes of my plate. When up it is just level with the hull.

My boat is a 23' enzo. How does it compare to other boats?
Attached Images

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-13-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Why don't you put your boat in the water and look at the wake? Confused here.

My wakepalte is manual and doens't have the range of travel that a Bennett Trim tab has. On my Centurino Lightning I set the BTT down for goofy surf and up for regiular surf.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
I do not want to remove my plate but I am curious if the wave would increase without the plate of if the plate would pull up further.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-14-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
I should know the results of this on my avalanche this weekend. I will post my results. Here is what he is talking about.
Attached Images

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-14-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
Don't mind my dirty boat and overgrown back yard The idea behind this is that the wakeplate brings the rear of the boat out of water. So this is directly fighting the weight you put into the boat to surf.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
That is exactly what I am talking about. How far up does the plate go on other boats (tige) and does it make a big difference on the surf wave going from level with the bottom to up a few degrees like Duffy's.

Hmmm, I wounder if I could mount my arm to the plate like yours to let it go up further?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-14-2010, 2:38 PM Reply   
Most boats it's neutral or 90 from the transom. It could work great or it could do nothing. Only testing will tell. I have a couple of plates to play with. I'm sure you could do the same as me. That is a 12x12 plate the stock plate is 12x9. It would help at least a little.