Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Thedudeparty8080)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-13-2013, 5:50 PM Reply   
how do the wet sounds xs-650 sound
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-13-2013, 7:14 PM Reply   
I think we need some more info to answer that? Other wise the best I can say is they sound like a speaker.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-13-2013, 8:11 PM Reply   
They sound different than the typical marine or car audio speaker, but only when powered right. Worth the money, if that's the next question.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-13-2013, 8:33 PM Reply   
I will agree to that. I got 4 in my Tige hooked up directly to a clarion head unit and wasn't that impressed..they sounded like any other speaker. Then I hooked them up to a HT-6 with 110 watts each. They really woke up. They are crystal clear as loud as i have turned them up.
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-13-2013, 8:58 PM Reply   
I have 6 in my boat, along with the HT-6 amp as well. They sound great, no complains. The only marine speakers I've heard comparable are the JL that come OE on Mastercraft boats.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-14-2013, 6:37 AM Reply   
The 650's are amazing. I have 2 in my boat getting 150 watts each and they are so freaking loud you can't sit between them when they're cranked up. Super clear too. I also have 4 of the 65's getting 60 watts each. They are great as well, but if you've got the power, or are willing to buy it, go with the 650's.
Old     (NickEspi)      Join Date: May 2013       08-14-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
I switched out my factory tower clarions with the xs-650s as an interim solution until the HLCDs get here. They are really quite decent. I was shocked when I could hear them 75' out. Not HLCDs, but definitely hold their own. They are amply powered though. That's key.
Old     (EricU)      Join Date: May 2013       08-14-2013, 3:45 PM Reply   
Power them correctly and mix in a quality well powered 12" sub, add the SQ420 which is real nice as you then leave your HU adjustments flat, so no problems when you kill the power.

Plenty of amp options and listen to a couple of the experts on this (and other boards) and you will be amazed how well they sound.

I went from an all Kicker (4) towers, (6) in-boats with a JL Audio W6 12" sub on my old boat and absolutely LOVED it! It rocked...But...my current boat I installed (4) Icon 8s on the tower and (6) XS-650s with the exact same sub and I cannot believe how awesome they sound!!