Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-12-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
Are there any wakeboarding videos that are more than music videos with a bunch of guys doing tricks left and right?

Do any of them have interviews, storyline, plot, or have a documentary style???

Anything close to this???

Thanks
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
Retrospect: http://www.wakeworld.com/VideoGuide/getvideo.asp?ProductID=100133

LF's Encore
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-12-2006, 8:25 PM Reply   
thanks kung fu

what about "such is life"?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
I haven't seen Such as Life yet

Also Delta Session 2 has some interviews with Josh Smith and Derek Cook (I believe)... However I'm still waiting for my autographed copy from the producer so I can only vouch for what I saw during the premiere..
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-13-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
storyline style would include something like shaft and 12 honkeys. These should both be available on DVD.

Most of the FLF videos included rider commentary, along with some of the most progressive/memorable riding. I'd recommend spray, hit it, mayday and skurf's up. They also made my house and monkey on a string, but those are basically freeride videos. The first three videos are available on one dvd, so I'd check it out if you don't have these videos already. Skurf's up is kind of like "the lost FLF film" because it's the only one that wasn't ever produced on DVD. Cop it if you can...

As someone said, retrospect would be a great documentary styled video, as it not only profiles the history of scott byerly, but it has a great mix of riders and music as well.

Another good, albeit older video is "for what it's worth." It's almost a lifestyle video, and it has riding mixed in with off the water antics. One of my all time favorite vids. This video is only available on VHS and you may have to hunt for it.

Boardumb is another older video that's short, but it has a few funny skits and off the water antics. It also has some pretty hot tricks. It's another favorite video of mine becuase it just made EVERYTHING look and feel fun. This video is only available on VHS as well.

Switch and switch 22 (from what I remember) are out of the ordinary videos as well. It's kind of like the video switches from station to station with different footage. You'd have to see it to get it...classics, for sure. These are on a sidewayz dvd as well.

Just to clarify, the only "modern" video is retrospect, but every other video is entertaining, to say the least.

At any rate, that's what came to mind, and is hopefully more than enough.
Old     (wakeshredder16)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
in delta sessions 2 im pretty sure that they also talk to braddy sammons about how he hurt his knee before his part