Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    SamIngram            08-18-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
New DHS rules cancel deportations

With record unemployment in many areas of the country and in many segments of the population; including minorities DHS (The Obama Administration) has decided to stop deporting illegal aliens...

The unemployment rate for blacks is 16.2%. For black males it’s 17.5%; for black teens the unemployment rate is a whopping 41%. I wonder what group of people compete more directly for jobs in this group than illegal aliens... mostly unskilled labor...

As Felonious Munk said, "We have the first black president... and he's acting like it." (<---- not work safe!)
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-21-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
Bleeding heart liberals at work. When they're not stealing your money and giving it to those who didn't earn it, they're doing everything they can to be sure an illegal gets your job, likely working under the table and not subsidizing the welfare/unemployment check you're getting.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-22-2011, 10:42 PM Reply   
[B]You can not strengthen the weak by weaking the strong [B]
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-23-2011, 8:21 AM Reply   
Remember in November 2012!
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-23-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
You can't fix lazy...and illegals get jobs because they are not lazy, simple as that. Many illegals are doing jobs that I wouldn't classify as 'unskilled labor' either. I'd rather my tax dollar help an alien that is working (in most cases for their family) than a lazy so called American citizen that wants to sit on their ass all day. The handouts will never stop so the laziness will never cease to exist.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-23-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarond0083 View Post
I'd rather my tax dollar help an alien that is working (in most cases for their family) than a lazy so called American citizen that wants to sit on their ass all day. The handouts will never stop so the laziness will never cease to exist.
That is a foolish argument as the handouts can stop. I would rather neither of your scenarios. I would rather not be taxed that money in the first place. Neither the hard working illegal immigrant or the lazy American should be given any money that is stolen from me.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2011, 12:19 PM Reply   
Total BS they are taking jobs lazy American's won't do. Try talking to a sheet rock union member. They have pretty much shut them down. They work for much cheaper and then send the money back to mexico. That way all the money leaves the economy but we have to spend 9 billion dollars a year (2003 figures) in California alone to educate their kids and . All the while mexico counts over 25 billion a year of income from workers abroad. It is their third largest federal income. It is not what you call a fair labor practice. I don't buy into the jobs American's won't do. Go to any job site.
Old     (Thrall)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-31-2011, 5:49 PM Reply   
I don't usually comment on political discussions, but easy/cheap (relatively) solution, albeit not the most politically correct.
Cut off all the gov't handouts and let those really in need, (handicapped, children who lost their parents, those severly injured and incapacitated on the job and disabled vets........) reapply for social security, disability, workers comp. (This is the only kicker, how to keep those in need and entitled to help from going without.)
Cut out all indescriminate handout programs like WIC. (Lump the total compensation for those above who really need or deserve it into one of a few select programs)
Deport ALL illegals. You can't come up with a birth certificate and a real SS card in 48hrs, you're out! Period, end of story. I know where mine is and where my kids' birth certs are. Your kids have to go to, even if they were born here unless YOU can find someone to adopt them within, say 2 weeks. It's cruel, but your parents worked the system, our country is in financial distress....Adios! (To ease the cruelty to children, modifications to this program could include "employing" ALL of the intelligent prisoners, not convicted of violent crimes, like guys who got caught stealing from their companies, insider trading...all the white collar crimes, to care for and educate those poor children left behind. They are smart poeple, they can turn the illegals' kids into smart adults.)
Now you have millions of mostly "unskilled" citizens who are getting hungry and millions of unfilled jobs because the last guy working there got a one way ticket to Mehico.
I bet those jobs get filled rather quickly, I have trouble making it past lunch without eating! haha
Bingo, govt cost to support illegals and their families just went away, govt cost to support the lazy Americans leeching off the system went away. Unemployment rate just dropped dramatically and some poeple will rise quickly out of this and start spending more $, stimulating the economy and helping the housing market.
Oh and while we're at it. All prisons, nationwide are under the control of Sherrif Joe Arpaio, starting Monday!
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-31-2011, 6:06 PM Reply   
Let me see if i got this right.
If you cross the north korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.
If you cross the iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.
If you cross the afghan border illegally, you get shot.
If you cross the saudi arabian border illegally you will be jailed.
If you cross the chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.
If you cross the venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.
If you cross the cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.
If you cross the u.s. Border illegally you get
a job,
a drivers license,
social security card,
welfare,
food stamps,
credit cards,
subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,
free education,
free health care,
a lobbyist in washington
billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language
the right to carry your country’s flag while you protest that you don’t get enough respect
and, in many instances, you can vote.
I just wanted to make sure i had a firm grasp on the situation
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-31-2011, 7:03 PM Reply   
Thrall, there are no legitimate handouts or entitlements. Nobody but myself is entitled to what I earn. To say anyone else is entitled to the fruits of my labor amounts to slavery. To enforce that and take those earnings amounts to armed robbery.

As for your suggestion on documentation or deportation... Comrade, I don't believe papers should be necessary to live in this country. My experience with the DMV when they required a birth certificate to renew a drivers license was not pleasant. The seal on my birth certificate was half worn flat (as might happen from sitting in a file cabinet) so they would not accept it, despite a mountain of other documents, including a hospital birth certificate with seal completely intact. They would not accept any other documents without that birth certificate. I spoke with a manager and proclaimed how stupid of a criminal would I have to be to forge half of a seal?

I tried 2 other DMVs with the same results. To get a birth certificate I had to order it online from Michigan, not the state I live in. I called and they would not allow me to order over the phone or expedite it. The process could take up to 60 days they said. My license expired in a week. So I ordered the birth certificate and hoped for the best.

In the meantime I continued to drive, as I lived having a job and thus food to eat, a roof over my head, and other amenities that are conducive to not dying. Over the next two months during my 170 miles round trip commute to work I got 3 sets of tickets for no drivers license, no registration, and no inspection. Did I not mention the DMV won't let you register you're vehicle without a drivers license? They also won't let you bring your vehicle to inspection without a valid registration. So that whole ordeal cost me over $3000 and a day off work to attempt to fight it in court. Trying to fiht it won me the job of $270 in extra fees... $30 in court costs for each ticket. If you're "papers Comrade" mandate were in place at the time I'd be living it up in "Mehico". This is a perfect example of how government works. They are a bunch of crooks only interested in theft and serving themselves, and get their rocks off trying to ruin the lives of all us not on the inside.

The solutions to all these problems are to get government out of it all. Eliminate the DHS, they're a terribly oppressive organization that tramples our rights every day. Eliminate all entitlement and handout programs. Either work, starve, or find someone generous.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-01-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
"If you cross the north korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.
If you cross the iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.
If you cross the afghan border illegally, you get shot.
If you cross the saudi arabian border illegally you will be jailed.
If you cross the chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.
If you cross the venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.
If you cross the cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot."

So you think America should model our policies on the practices of the above countries???
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-01-2011, 8:16 PM Reply   
This may be a good start http://www.fairus.org/site/News2?pag...s_iv_ctrl=1007