Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-12-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
I am looking for some assistance on this trick.
Is it done with the same: Pop, Pull, Pass theory as the HS FS 3? not that I can land that either. I am wondering if you initiate the spin at the top of the wake, or use the same theory as the HS FS 3. thanks for any help.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-12-2007, 12:39 PM Reply   
this trick is a funny one. You have to wait a long longer to pull than you think you do. it's such an easy trick to spin.

Important tips:

Get low
cruise in as slow as you possibly can and still clear the wake
it's good to spot your landing before you even start to spin
Your board and hips should spin first, then your shoulders
Don't turn your head at all
watch your landing spot until your shoulders spin far enough and force your head to turn, and then just keep your chin glued to your back shoulder until you land.

If you spin too fast, or turn your head around too fast, you'll land on your heels and slide out, or butt check.

the key is your head movement. If your head gets ahead of your hips, or shoulders, you'll have a hard time landing it.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-12-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
I think the TS 3 is a TON easier than the HS 3. You still wait to pop first before you start your spin. Like Thane said, the spin comes easy but the landing will most likely be your problem. Most people spin and land with the board pointed towards the boat and slide out on their heels. The best thing that helped me with this is waiting until right as you're about to land to pass the handle. If you pass at the peak of you're jump then you'll over-rotate almost every time.

Kyle at The Wakeboard Camp really made it a point to have you pause after the first 180. Do do the first 180 on the way up and then do the last 180 (switch blind 180) on the way down. Don't rush this trick because you don't have to spin nearly as far as you think. My spotting point on my landing is about 7 or 8 o'clock from the boat's direction. If you see the boat as you're about to land, then you have spun too far.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old    alanp            04-12-2007, 10:08 PM Reply   
like jarret stated, do two spins and you'll land this in no time. one 180 on the way up, pause, and the last 180 on the way down
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-13-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
thanks for the tips guys. I think my problem was trying to spin it all the way, too soon.
Old     (wakenerd)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-09-2007, 4:17 AM Reply   
My problem is always spin off axis. What do I need to do to fix that?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-09-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
Pop first before you start spinning. You really have tons of time to spin this trick so don't rush it.