Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    head461            07-26-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
anybody ridden both?? I'm currently on a balance and like the ride of it alot, but am tempted to try the more aggressive rocker of the balance. Anyone know how the speed of these boards compare? I like the speed the balance has.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-26-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
the balance is definitely faster. The pop on the Balance is totally different, it throws you out, kinda nose down style. It still goes up, but really goes out. The substance really goes straight up. Two totally different style boards, if you really like your Balance then I would stay on it, but it wouldn't hurt to give the Substance a demo. There is no way I could ride a balance, but I love my substance.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-26-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
I change from the Trip to the Balance, and have to agree with TD’s assessment of the Balance. Compared to the Trip it gave me a lot more pop, but I have to watch how far it throws me into the flats.

I’ve never ridden the Substance.
Old    head461            07-26-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
I meant to say I want to try a substance......Thanks for the reply Thane!
Old    head461            07-26-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
thanks E.S.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2005, 5:05 AM Reply   
I ran a Trip for a while and currently ride a Balance. I decided I wanted to see what the hype was about with the Substance and tried it for part of a season. It's definitely more up/down pop and geared more toward a wake to wake rider. If you like speed you won't like the Substance. The Substance is slow as hell compared to the Balance.

That being said, a Substance demo is the ticket if you can swing it.
Old    head461            07-27-2005, 5:17 AM Reply   
thanks joe...........i definetely like the speed of the balance
Old    tommcat            07-29-2005, 5:03 AM Reply   
Can anyone tell me how the Team would compare to both the substance and balance? those are the 3 boards i'm considering but unfortunately they dont have demos or even board shops around me so any info would be appreciated
thanks
tom
Old    rogione            07-29-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
HI,

I rode a TRIP 143 a TEAM 139 a BALANCE 139 and know a SUBSTANCE 141.

The balance compare to the trip give you more pop, turn faster, smoother, more tracking and faster.

Between the balance and the substance. I din't notice so much difference.
I can't really tell about the pop. To me it looks the same. It's BIG!
It's a little slower compare to the balance but not that much.
The only thing I'd really notice between the is that the BALANCE turn faster and the SUSTANCE land better.
I found the substance after the first time on the water just more easy to ride.
I love it. I won't go back on the other boards I had.