Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-02-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
Finally feel like im getting somewhere with my boat!

Its a 2000 Maxum 1900 sports cuddy with a Merc 4.3 V6

Heres where Im at so far-

Tower fitted last season (HUGE difference so glad i did it!)
Perfect pass fitted this week (No more screaming at my gf when we go 20-12-35mph!)
Fusion IP500 Headunit fitted (CD's skip and the mech hates salt water!)
Pair of Wetsounds xs-650 fitted
Kicker KMT6 need to be wired
Kicker 850.4 fitted
Fusion fe-402 fitted

Heres my question-

I did have a 12" fusion in a ported box in the cabin that i was going to perminantly fix down but i have decided against this because the enclosure is so huge and we need the cudy for coolers, storage and the girls like to use it to get changed (personally i am against this and think they shot change on deck!) I also put a 500lb fat sack on the floor in the cuddy (see photo) but i want to get one of the triangular sacks to go in there so the cooler can go on the floor so its easy to reach and can be secured in place.

That leaves me with really 3 options the first one being my prefered choice if I canfind a sub that works in a amall enough enclosure,

-Under either the helm or passanger seat but space is at a premium (approx 11"x10"x20")
-A free air sub mounted just inside the door (see last pick where the sticker is above the open bilge acces hole)
-Making an enclosure to go where the screwdriver is in the second last pic (dont really want to do this as this is where the fat sacks go and as we all know manually filling bags can often result in getting wet!)

So can anyone reccomend a sub that works well in a very small enclosure?
The fusion amp is rated-
Measured Power @ 12.6 Volts, less than 1% THD:
178.2 watts x 1 into 4 ohms
Measured Power @ 14.4 Volts, less than 1% THD:
226.6 watts x 1 into 4 ohms

Here are a few pics
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]