Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-31-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
Okay, so I bought these sick shorts, they're the phantoms with all the different colors and stuff. I had them for maybe a week, and decided i'd wear them when I went to the Dells on sunday. I wore them there twice, and the stiching that held the pocket on snapped, and the pocket is falling off, the silver phantom lettering is coming off, and the Hurley symbol is fading off into the green behing it and it looks nasty. Now, i'm not gonna go fire off this crazy amount of money on a pair of boardshorts, if they fall apart the first time I bought them. Did this happen to anybody else. What did you do about it? I'm gonna bring em back to the store and get a new pair, but I think I can get a different pair or type for free. What should I do?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-31-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Either the retailer or Hurley should refund your money, replace them with another pair or exchange them for a completely different style. With the amount of money you spent on those, you could get 2 pairs of another brand
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
The dells had to be awful over spring break... where did you go there?

I would contact Hurley, better chance to get more out of the deal than just new shorts.... sometimes if a company gets you a bad product they'll give back a little more to make you happy
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
... and CIRE shorts would have been a better investment.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-31-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Good point Nick!! Actually Jordan, Ill send you a pair of our boardshorts for free just to prove they would have been a better investment.

Take the Hurleys back and and get a refund. Let someone else deal with them falling apart for $90.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
The pair you sent me is reaaaal snug, but not only did I get free shorts, but also motivation to lose some weight... my fiance' thanks you!

* and their virgin run is quickly coming up!
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-31-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
If you're for real with the shorts, that would be great. And I think that I'll contact hurley about that. Thanks
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-31-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
and this is why Cire gets so much love on here. thats awesome
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-31-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Dead serious. Send me a message with your size and the style you want and your address. We'll get them out.
Old     (AP)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
very cool of you to do... ill be buying a couple pairs from you guys now... that should justify you hooking him up... need some new shorts for the upcoming photoshoot anyways.. =)
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-31-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
Ahahahaahhaaha, Nintzel has a custom pair of Cire? I just might have to... Not sure. I'll shoot ya a PM soon and get that sorted out.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-31-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
yeah I got my CIRE boardshorts in January and I love em! I have Billabong, Fox, and hyperlite shorts as well and the CIRE shorts are #1 on my riding list!! Hyperlites are a close second bc they are mesh lol....but everyone should get CIRE boardsorts!! They are worth the money!
Old     (hyperlite986)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-31-2010, 8:30 PM Reply   
Never tried the Phantoms but i do own a pair of Oneill Hyperfreaks..they are awesome. Seem fairly durable for the material. They are super lightweight...I bought a pair of superfreaks last year and they are still in good shape today and they have been worn atleast 60 times. I bought the hyperfreaks a few weeks ago and I can say I'm pleased with them so far. Most of the seams are glued and sealed with neoprene..no stitches. There is only one color black..but they are still pretty tight. Check em out.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-31-2010, 10:23 PM Reply   
Knuckledragger- PM sent