Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Funny how things work out. Early 90's I used to race downhill mountain bikes. I made a few friends. When I stopped racing I sort of fell out of touch with my mountain bike buddy's. A buddy of my'n Joe Standish worked for Rock Shocks and was a Pro racer that I looked up to. He was promoted and moved overseas to over look fork production. Rock Shocks make's some pretty nice stuff and thats where Joe fell in love with carbon fiber. Well years have past I don’t ride MTB's anymore but I still keep in touch with Joe. It turns out during the years we haven’t talked He had picked up wakeboarding and again we share the same interest’s. Joe used his overseas contacts and has been busy working on developing Carbon Fiber wakeboard racks and a bunch of other goodies to come.(more to come) When he told me he was going to do this 2 years back I was like "Man do we really need another trick wakeboard rack" it seems like there is all ready a tone of them on the market. I love carbon fiber stuff and I know Joe is into trick stuff like me so I tried to keep an open mind. The proto type picks haven’t really given me an idea what the racks were really going to look like until just recently. The picks have been all CAD drawing's ect. Well he got the production rack's back and sent me some SPY picks. All I can say is WOW these things are off the hook. Bling worthy for sure. They do need some LED's in them LOL. I got to get a set for my boat. The way the wakeboards hook into the rack is like nothing I have seen before. Very well thought out and simple. Most of the new trick wakeboard racks have a tone of moving part's ect. These new racks are simple and stylish. I love the Black or Carbon Fiber especially on a black tower. IMO polished racks don’t look good on a black tower unless all your other tower accessories are polished. I can’t wait to get a set because they are sick. Sorry I cant post a pick of them right now. Ill post some picks after I talk with Joe to make sure its OK.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Sounds good...

Only killer for them could be price, any ideas on how much they will be yet?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-29-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
Downhilling rocks!

My Norco

Upload
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-29-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
Is this going to be similar to the Off-Road X9 thread? Just a big tease?
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-29-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
yeah Grant whatever happened to the off road x9 pics?
Old    bocephus            06-29-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
I have a set of racks built out of spent uranium, they are pretty cool and they even glow at night without any LEDS.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
HEY MAN WTF!!!!.......as far as it is known to all man kind the sighting of the all terrain x9 was like bigfoot and never cought on film....damn jason i though you where my boy!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-29-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
Fellow DH's.
Back in the day ( 2001-2004) I was the CAL State Champ in the sport class 30+ and the Norba Big Bear Champ in the Sport 30+.

Issac, Nice rig.

Sucks that we dont have any mountains down here to race at. They closed down big bear to DH'ing. So now Im a XC and Road Geek!!!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-29-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
there always mammoth

drool kamikaze
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-29-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
Jude: Dont get mad at me......check out what your boy did.......

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/333487.html

hell I saw it in person, but would love to re-live the memory. See you Sunday at Tulloch: will you be demonstrating the X9 again?

just kidding
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-29-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
Issac,
I have raced the Kami many times back in the late 90's. Sick run!!!

Its still 5 hours away though.

Plus my nads have creeped up a bit since I stopped racing!!LOL
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-30-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
5 hours isnt bad.. thats what we drive to get to northstar..

heres a pic of big daddy at n*Upload
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-30-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
Cross that SHAT up!!!!!!!
Nice shot. I will see if I can find some shots of me riding.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-30-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-30-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Grant I know if you have any say in the production models they will come out top notch.
Let me know because we need a second set of black racks on the Vride.