Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-23-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
or any other bus tour? Just wondering if it is worth it...do you get to demo boards, hang out with the riders? What are they all about? Anyone have any really good or really bad experiences?
Old     (doubleup144)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
When DoubleUP had a tour a couple years ago, I went out on a demo day. Nelson, Colin and Luke all were there and was really kick back. Got 2 sets of pulls and demoed the current boards ('02 stuff).
Old    goose69            06-23-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
I want to give big thumbs up to the mission2ride tour, live 2 ride tour and the Gator's fully committed Tour. These guys are awesome. These crews have been nothing but kind to us and really gone out of their way to help us. They not only take the time to bring wakeboarding to the community but also each person they take out on their boat. They have never given the star mentality attitude.
I would like to personally thank these crews for letting us hang out with them and even take the time out of their schedule to let us film them. To me these guys are the perfect example of what wakeboarding should be about. Just good old fashion fun.

Again we Numbskull Productions would like to thank these crews and would recommend taking any one of these if not all of these clinics. They are willing to take the time and consideration to teach you not only what trick you ride but about wakeboarding itself.

(Message edited by goose69 on June 23, 2004)
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
I've done the double up experience and the trip across america (and the hyperlite ones, but those are different because from my experience, they didn't bring gear along). Both allowed you to demo boards and other kinds of equipment. They were both cool, but I have my fondest memories with the DU group. Greg, collin, and luke were really, really cool. I wish they still did that bus tour, but that team is disassembled anyway.

So, yeah, I'd say they're worth it. Oh, the only bad experience I had at a demo was when I blew my knee out at one last year. Anyway, if you go, have fun!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-23-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
the LFTAA is the best thing ever. Ride with the pros and get autographs. Great group of guys.
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-23-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
who did you guys meet at the LFTAA? Did you actually get good advice from them?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-23-2004, 7:38 PM Reply   
kevin henshaw, mike ennen, melissa marquardt... yes, kevin was awesome. My friend learned his first wake to wake 180. I just did all my normal tricks (rolls, tantrums, 3s) and tried not to kill myself on the gigantic wake. They had about 3500lbs in the boat. It was an awesome experience.