Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-17-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
I've been looking into getting a 2012 flex board that i plan on hitting sliders and kickers 50/50 and what i'm really looking for in this a board is fast on the water, really durable, really lightweight, and a board that lands super super soft. I was looking at the liquid force FLX and i like it but the only thing that i don't like is that it has a 3 stage rocker and idk how the landings would be. Also i cant find any reviews online. From what ive heard the slingshot boards are practically bulletproof, but the fast track kinda turned me away. There are countless reviews of fastracks slipping and even some coming out. Im really leaning toward the FLX but does anyone know how the landings are? And any recommendations would be great im about 5'8 and i weigh about 125 pounds. Thanks so much!
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-17-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
I forgot to mention that im going to be using system bindings on the board. Thanks.
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-18-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
anyone ?
Old    jblinzler            09-18-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
I cannot give any input on the FLX being I have never been on one. However, I currently ride a 2011, 145 Reflex and i love it. Its decently fast on the water, super buttery, nice flex on the wakes and boxes, soft landings and the thing is a tank. I mainly ride boat but Ive been hitting a local box and Im about 80/20 boat/cable. As of now the only scratches on the base are from some screws that were sticking out of a dock i was starting from. I also strap my board to a steal rack on my bike and after many hour-two hour rides the side wall is un-marked.

It would take a lot for another company to get my business.
Attached Images

Last edited by jblinzler; 09-18-2012 at 1:44 PM.
Old    jblinzler            09-18-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
oh and the fast track is fine, I ride with Ronix ones and have never had them slip. Also for this year i heard they have really beefed it up.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-18-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
honestly, you'd look too badass with some byerly systems and a slingshot at the cable park. that is a solid setup
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-18-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
Awesome Josh....bet you can get to the park fast on that huh
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-18-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rplogue7 View Post
honestly, you'd look too badass with some byerly systems and a slingshot at the cable park. that is a solid setup
This defines my riding gameplan. 90% mental, 6% looking good, and 4% skill.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
I used to have a 2011 FLX and I had a 2011 and 2012 slingshot reflex. After a while the FLX loses alot of its recoil (if that makes sense) where as the 2012 Reflex has stayed pretty stiff. I havent seen the 2013 slingshots but I heard that they have a lot more flex than the 2012s. IMO my FLX felt like a limp noodle after a couple rides on it. If pressing is your thing the FLX will probably be easier to do so but you will have a lot more pop on the slingshots due to them snapping out of the water.

Hope this helps

B
Old    jblinzler            09-18-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Mican,
I can get around pretty fast, but being i'm that i'm in southern california its just under two hours riding an average of 80 just get to a Rixen lil bro system.

and nice info Broc
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-18-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
Did liquid force change anything from 2011-2012 because Raph Derome seems to be killing it on that board?
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2012, 11:10 PM Reply   
Raph shreds hands down. I dont think the board makes much of a difference with the amount of talent that he has.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1 View Post
Did liquid force change anything from 2011-2012 because Raph Derome seems to be killing it on that board?
A lot of the time riders ride what the company asks them to promote.....
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-20-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
yahh that makes sense, i just wish someone rode and could give a review of the actual 2012 model : /
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-20-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
i believe the 2011 and 2012 are the same with a different graphic
Old     (cj1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-21-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
Thats true its just kinda hard to form an opinion about a board from 1 review of an older model board : /
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-21-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
This could be a fair comparison... I own a 2012 LF Deluxe and have put over 60 days of cable riding on this board this summer... The base is so solid with the exception of cosmetic surface scratches from the HDPE. Out of curiosity I have waxed the base like a snowboard and surprising the outcome was good. Cleaned up the scratches and made the base super smooth again.

The cable I ride at has a whole fleet of slingshot rentals ranging from the choice to the recoils, response etc. The difference with the slingshot stuff and mine from one summer of shredding is that a p-tex base doesnt wear though really.. You mostly scratch the surface when sliding. The slingshot stuff after a good amount of riding actually wears through the base and wears down into the wood core. If you look close at sublimated graphics like the slingshot stuff and see the graphic being scraped away, your actually getting through the base and into the core by then.

I appreciate slingshot and the product and think its super rad, but after a season of shredding consistently and watching other boards blow up, I do have to say LF has a pretty strong product. The base laminates are holding super strong near the edges and the base hasnt really had that (wear through) effect at all.

As far as the fastback and pulling inserts on a normal board... that happens. I dont think one is really better than the other. I have seen all different types of boards pull inserts/fastrack out riding cable.

Again, not bagging on SS product at all. I would own and ride a board if I had one.

Just my 2 cents...