Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-13-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Great turnout for the premier, which is a good video by the way. Ruck's segment with Murray singing and playing guitar is a classic, worth the price of the DVD by itself! Check out the preview of Ruck's section to get an idea...

Carlsbad Village Theater
Carlsbad

Josh getting some help picking winners for all of the goodies
Josh and his assistant

Brian Grubb signing autographs for the fans

Brian Grubb and Paula Sundberg
Paula and Brian

SoCal pro women wakeboarders Gretchen Hammarberg (L) and Cheryl Newton (R)
Gretchen and Cheryl

Greg Dick, SoCal HL rep, and Tyler Irwin, owner of Wakesports Unlimited
Tyler and Greg

The Billabong bus, they showed up with a ton of goodies to give away
Billabong bus
Old    todd_g            02-13-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
The premier was sick! Another great hyperlite vid to add to the collection.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-13-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
Too FUN. Kevin and I had a great time. Thanks again to John for making Kevins dream come true!!

Billabong Bus-
I HAD to see what was in that bus so I strolled on in and met some great people. I was kind of expecting to see the bus all pimped out inside or something but it's just as plain-gray on the inside as it is on the outside. Really nice people though:-)

Bill, what a great picture! Was I a little excited or what?? Brian is such a sweetheart!! That kinda did it for me
THANK YOU!!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-13-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
Really? I couldn't tell from the smile on your face
Old     (tiger20)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-13-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
Bill, looks like the party was a success, (Nice pics) did those guys ride when they were in town? What't the next stop for "team Hyperlite"?

Did you snag me a Grubb poster?

(Message edited by tiger20 on February 13, 2004)
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-13-2004, 11:00 PM Reply   
yeah, definitely a good time. paula, no problem -- i hope kevin enjoys the hat.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-14-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Some pics from the premier at the Wakesports Unlimimted store in Orange County:

Brian Grubb, Greg Dick, and Josh Cantor giving away some swag

The crowd enjoying the video and all of the freebies

A happy kid after winning a brand new Grubb wakeskate, courtesy of Wakesports and Hyperlite

Jarrett Daigle and Brian Grubb

Chad, Josh, and Tyler

Tyler, Chris, Jason, and Adam, manager of the OC store.
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-16-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
We had a blast hanging with everyone down there at the S.D premier! The after party was legendary. Smitty's rocks!! Totally worth the drive from V.C. (Lori (thats U.F.C Lori to Dave )and I don't get out much anymore)
Old    ol_dirty            02-16-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
The premiere was fun, Joey did a great job of editing, Ronn did a awesome job of filming it, but the movie was boring because of the content. Those riders are way better than that, Parks sliding was sick, but other than that no that entertaining. If Joey and Ronn wouldn't have done such a great job it would have been horrible. All I here is how JD is sooooooo great, the riding in the movie didn't look that great??? Good, but definetly not great, don't get me wrong there was good riding in it, but not for the best of the best, which those guys pretty much are, but check it out, I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on it.
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-16-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
Dirty, I agree the vid was just ok.I thought Byerly's part was degrading .
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-16-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
Hey Rob, it was great meeting you and your wife. Yeah that was definitely a fun night, and Friday was just as good - although the Salty Dawg closes at 12:30 so it was a much earlier night.

I've watched the video a couple of times now, and I really like it. I think Joey did a great job of editing it, it was entertaining with some good, if not great, riding. It may not be the best video in terms of pure riding, but I really enjoyed it. The DVD has a couple of secret sections with more footage of the guys messing around and having fun, plus Chad hitting a slider on a Broadcast.
Old    jetpilotrider03            02-16-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
how good was the new wakeskate video As*risk(unsure about spelling)?????
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-16-2004, 11:09 PM Reply   
Nick, I wish I knew. Unfortunately I got to the OC shop about 8:30 and it was over already. Apparently it's not very long. I tried to find the DVD to play it after Welcome was done, but whoever brought it to the shop left with the disk

So someone else will have to post their impressions of it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-17-2004, 12:06 AM Reply   
I thought Asterisk was great. They had some really crazy stuff in there and I liked the way they threw the crashes in throughout the flick (Welcome did this too). I'm also a big fan of Justin's music picks for all his videos and this was no exception. It's always stuff I've never heard of, but great tunes.

Keep in mind that we're a sponsor of Asterisk, so take my opinion for what it's worth! :-)
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
Bill it was really great meeting you. We should hook up. I really wanted to see Byerly do more of the cool little things he does. I really should have bought the video. But thats ok, now I have an excuse to come down to WakeSports Unlimited!

Rob C.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-17-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
Asterisk was sick...kickflip body variel by? (damn red cups) and the 540 big spin by Reed wake 2 wake (540 shuvit/body variel). Plus a lake/pond near Vegas like a wakeskate park...hits and ollie bars everywhere...Wakesports put on a great party...everyone needs to hit up the shop every week to get the downlow
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-17-2004, 8:53 PM Reply   
Rob, it was great to meet you and your lovely wife. What a fun couple. Where did you end up crashing for the night?
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2004, 11:38 PM Reply   
Well Dave , I'm not 100% sure but I think it was Jason's pad (Liquid force everywhere)Everyone was great we did no driving all night we left early in the morning and made it home before the kids or grandma were out of their jammies
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2004, 11:57 PM Reply   
Hey, that's me on the left next to the blond in the 2nd pic from the pics from the Wakesports Unlimimted store in Orange County.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-18-2004, 12:49 AM Reply   
Duh, how could I forget to mention that I finally met the infamous Joe Umali in person at the Orange Welcome premiere!!!