Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-18-2011, 6:54 PM Reply   
Im in the process of installing a new heater core. Its all mounted up and water hoses are connected but I went to connect the black hoses that the air comes out of can forgot exactly where they go on the heater core. There are the 2 spots on the core obviously, and I have one long hose, and another one but it makes a Y. Not sure how to hook this all up (the Y threw me off). One hose extends out for the passenger etc, and another stays put at the drivers seat. Anyone know exactly how the setup works? Also someone stepped on my hose so It doesnt scrunch up in when not in use, anyone know where I could pick up about 3 feet of it? Thanks in Advance!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-19-2011, 5:12 AM Reply   
If you are talking about the ribbed black hoses that are about 3" in diameter it doesn't really matter which outlet they go on. The fan just blows air over the core which is hot and the blows it out of the hoses.

I don't think the hoses are easily changed once you step on one. The way it connects to the end piece is a pain. I just bought 3 more of the pull out hoses from Heater Craft last week because mine were all starting to tear after being used for the last 5 years. If you are doing that you might as well buy an extra pull out tub and replace the vent by your feet with that. I have the 3 outlet heater and all of mine are pull outs, they are much better than the vents.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-19-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
Something else to look at that works better than the Heatercraft heater hoses is in the RV section at walmart. Its RV sewer drain hose. They have two types of different thickness levels. I had used one with the thicker level and ran it over 20 ft in the boat and had heat still out of a 4 port heater. They are alot less flimsy and don't tear and rip as easy. I think the 20 ft run of rv sewer hose was about 8-12 bucks
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-20-H...-Hose/14504318
They still have the black hose too, at least they did when I put the heater in my I/O almost 2 years ago lol
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-19-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
I know they just hook up to the core and blow air out, thats why I couldnt figure out what the Y was? but I think I might just replace the drivers one that does not pull out with a hose that does. I will go check out that RV stuff though! Sounds like a good idea.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2011, 5:24 AM Reply   
Yeah not sure on the Y either sorry. Maybe someone had another vent running of it in the past and took it off? Post a pic and maybe it would be easier to tell you what it is/does.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-20-2011, 5:27 AM Reply   
I got it all figured out! The Y was too run to the defroster and then the drivers feet.