Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTv6BgYt_QU Why am I not getting any pop? and why am I spinning in the air? Need some help!
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
I don't throw it til about 45 seconds so you can skip through the cruising part of the video
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-03-2008, 7:39 AM Reply   
Brandon, you have too much weight on your back foot when edging into the wake which will make you twist in the air. Put even pressure on both feet when you edge in and wait until the top of the wake to initiate the tantrum. Right now, you're starting the trick way too early. If your timing is right, the wake will kick you over and you'll land square on the board. If you watch your landing, you'll notice that you're landing way on your tail of the board. The old saying goes, how you land a trick is determined by how you leave the wake, so I hope this advice helps you with your tantrum.

(Message edited by Ryan_shima1 on July 03, 2008)
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
Thanks Ryan, I need all the help I can get.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-03-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
concentrate on taking the trick up into the air. if you do the right edging and stand tall at the wake while squaring up you don't even need to try to backflip, you will be tripped into it. don't try to huck it, it should be smooth.
Old    stoked27            07-09-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
You're starting the trick at the bottom of the wake and you keep your knees bent - stand tall at the top of the wake. You shouldn't be curled up like a ball through the rotation.

I had trouble learning tantrums until I started attacking the wake like I do a normal wake-to-wake. If you can imagine the lower half of your body bailing out of the trick and your upper body continuing normal (if you cut in to do a trick and bail out, you don't SUDDENLY stop, you would tend to ease of the cut and gently find yourself in the middle of the wake). So when I do that, I pretty much only have to look up at the sky without having to hurl my body around like you do in the video. I was originally told to "straighten the board out violently so that it trips me over into a flip." That advice doesn't make sense to me now that I can land it because the trick doesn't feel violent at all. It's a very smooth trick compared to some others.

As far as the spin in the air, I don't know. I've never seen or experienced that. Once you fix it though, try to do it on purpose cause it looks like it would be fun.
Old     (austin_the_wakeboard_man)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-10-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
I have a spining problem 2.Someone told me when im in the air try to jerk the rope high but it dont help.Does anyone have advice 2 help me stop going fakie?